Rumor: Electric tour continues late March

For discussion and photos of PSB live performances.
NikacP0kac

Re: Rumor: Electric tour continues late March

#46 Post by NikacP0kac »

BugBoy wrote:
NikacP0kac wrote:What's the story with that mix anyway? Wasn't a Pethead yet back then so I missed it, but I LOVE it, it adds a touch of class to the song.
As far as my memory goes MGMT wanted PSB to remix another track but PSB wanted to remix Kids so they did 2 mixes of Kids. MGMT didn't use it but PSB put the 2 remixes up on their old website for fans to hear and MGMT asked for them to be removed. I only ever heard the PSB side of the story, I think its in one of the fanzines somewhere, I believe Neil describes it as an 'odd experience'.
What a bunch of maggots. Anyone with a good set of ears likes that remix, even my girlfriend who pretty much hates PSB.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

Danger

#47 Post by Danger »

West End Boy wrote:So the plan is more US dates in early 2014, then some European dates in july/august?

I really hope we'll see some regular one-off concerts as well, i really don't like them performing on festivals.
Well said! :clap:

le petit corbusier

#48 Post by le petit corbusier »

Danger wrote:
West End Boy wrote:So the plan is more US dates in early 2014, then some European dates in july/august?

I really hope we'll see some regular one-off concerts as well, i really don't like them performing on festivals.
+1

And festivals are EXPENSIVE.
Look left, then right
And run for your life

Corina

#49 Post by Corina »

le petit corbusier wrote:
Danger wrote:

+1

And festivals are EXPENSIVE.
Agree with you, guys.
What remains in time
that didn't fade away?

Tom Angel

#50 Post by Tom Angel »

NikacP0kac wrote:
BugBoy wrote:
NikacP0kac wrote:What's the story with that mix anyway? Wasn't a Pethead yet back then so I missed it, but I LOVE it, it adds a touch of class to the song.
As far as my memory goes MGMT wanted PSB to remix another track but PSB wanted to remix Kids so they did 2 mixes of Kids. MGMT didn't use it but PSB put the 2 remixes up on their old website for fans to hear and MGMT asked for them to be removed. I only ever heard the PSB side of the story, I think its in one of the fanzines somewhere, I believe Neil describes it as an 'odd experience'.
What a bunch of maggots. Anyone with a good set of ears likes that remix, even my girlfriend who pretty much hates PSB.

PSB mix of Kids is their finest remix moment. It's bloody amazing, I asked Neil about it at Rough `trade signing, and he said it's never been released because they never got paid. Which is fair enough! Although why MGMT disliked it I don't know - probably because it improved on the original and they've done nothing good since!
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

Disco.

#51 Post by Disco. »

The business people behind MGMT thought that PSB were too expensive thats why the mixes were never released.

NikacP0kac

#52 Post by NikacP0kac »

Ah, wish a lossless version would be available somewhere, the quality on youtube is abysmal. Really, their finest remix moment (excluding remixes they did for themselves).
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

minimal

#53 Post by minimal »

The Abstrakt Mix of Kids really is awesome. Sounds so cool!

m+

BugBoy

#54 Post by BugBoy »

minimal wrote:The Abstrakt Mix of Kids really is awesome. Sounds so cool!

m+
yes, amazing soundscape!
I Like Release!

Brasa

#55 Post by Brasa »

In my opinion the mixes of Kids, even if nice, arte too much similar to the original track, and don't add anything... I Think this might be the reason for mgmt refusal.. Byte the way i never understood the idea of asking psb to remix the one and only psbish song of their entire catalogue.

BugBoy

#56 Post by BugBoy »

Brasa wrote:In my opinion the mixes of Kids, even if nice, arte too much similar to the original track, and don't add anything... I Think this might be the reason for mgmt refusal.. Byte the way i never understood the idea of asking psb to remix the one and only psbish song of their entire catalogue.
The reason was MGMT managment team decided PSB were too expensive and they originally wanted them to remix 'Electric Feel', the next single, but PSB didn't like that so asked to do Kids. It was PSB who decided to do Kids, mot MGMT (issue 33, page 11 of Literally, for those that have it....and are interested enough to dig it out!)
I Like Release!

Corina

#57 Post by Corina »

Brasa wrote:In my opinion the mixes of Kids, even if nice, are too much similar to the original track, and don't add anything... I Think this might be the reason for mgmt refusal..
Too much similar to the original track?! I don`t think so... PSB turned "Kids" into a proper synthpop song, sounding as if it was originally theirs. They did such covers before, didn`t they? Possibly this is exactly what MGMT didn`t like, hehe
What remains in time
that didn't fade away?

ZiggyPSB

#58 Post by ZiggyPSB »

Corina wrote:
Brasa wrote:In my opinion the mixes of Kids, even if nice, are too much similar to the original track, and don't add anything... I Think this might be the reason for mgmt refusal..
Too much similar to the original track?! I don`t think so... PSB turned "Kids" into a proper synthpop song, sounding as if it was originally theirs. They did such covers before, didn`t they? Possibly this is exactly what MGMT didn`t like, hehe
Would that be the same reason why PSB's remix of Girls and Boys by Blur didn't make it onto Disco 4?
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

Corina

#59 Post by Corina »

ZiggyPSB wrote:
Corina wrote:
Would that be the same reason why PSB's remix of Girls and Boys by Blur didn't make it onto Disco 4?
Could be...! :-)
What remains in time
that didn't fade away?

BugBoy

#60 Post by BugBoy »

ZiggyPSB wrote:
Corina wrote:
issue 32, page 10 gives the official reason. it wasn't a 'recent' enough track and they never even asked Blur to put it on Disco 4. (maybe I need to upgrade from rather obsessed to SERIOUSLY obsessed on waynes poll!)
I Like Release!