Electric Tour 2014 thread

For discussion and photos of PSB live performances.
leesmapman

Re: Electric Tour 2014 thread

#61 Post by leesmapman »

Just returned from the first Utrecht gig. Wow, what a concert.

shaunh7

#62 Post by shaunh7 »

Just been to the Bingley concert, it was superb.
There were a lot of young teens in the crowd though who behaved like dickheads.
Really impressed with it though

Leeds City Boy

#63 Post by Leeds City Boy »

These all-day outdoor gigs are always likely to attract cretins no matter who is playing. I've read quite a few comments elsewhere that suggest it was easy to get served at the bars without ID all weekend so that may have been a big factor.
Of course that's not to detract from another superb performance from the boys, and the crowd, certainly from where I was, pretty much at the front, seemed to love it for all this show doesn't have the 'hit-laden' setlist that the more casual fan may have expected. Fugitive/Integral and I Get Excited.. were my personal highlights but I expect both were probably lost on plenty of the audience! The show overran according to a policeman directing traffic outside which explains Neil's comments of ignoring the curfew before Vocal.
Hope everyone else who went from here had as good a time as I did!

Native

#64 Post by Native »

Crowd was very young at the front - didn't see any particularly bad behaviour though. They all seemed to be enjoying it from where I was stood!
I go to Bingley every year and that is the first time I haven't seen hundreds of people leaving during the final act's performance.

Leeds City Boy

#65 Post by Leeds City Boy »

It was the first time I've ever attended Bingley which is surprising as it's less than fifteen miles away from me, got to say I was very impressed by the set up and am slightly annoyed I've never been previously now given some of the acts that have played there over the years!
Spot on with all the kids at the front call and that probably made for a better atmosphere. I was pleased to hear plenty of youngsters saying how much they enjoyed them on the way out even if it did make me feel very old!

Denene

#66 Post by Denene »

Well 2 consecutive nights at Gateshead has been quite spectacular. I managed central front row at the barrier on Tuesday (thanks to Adam for letting me squeeze in), and with the Sage being such a compact and impressive setting, even the stage was closer to the crowd so I was perhaps only 2m from Neil for much of the show, incredible. There were plenty smiles from Chris, and Neil is just getting better with age at performing and interacting with the crowd. He barely had to sing a chorus in West End Girls, Domino Dancing and Go West as just a few examples, as the crowd were fantastic at joining in. I met a lady perhaps in her 70's post show who said it was fabulous, and that she'd already been on facebook telling everyone about it!

Then last night I had the pleasure of taking my young son to his first ever PSB show, and I had managed to get front row seated tickets for this. Co-incidentally another huge fan was next to us with his 10 year old for his first show so we were in good company (and a lovely welsh fan on our other side). I'll quote my son from this morning, 'I can't say how much I loved it, because I loved it so much', and 'The light show was amazing!' I think he was blown away with the whole evening, from the costumes to the laser show to the performances of the songs etc. One comical moment was Neil in the starting lines of 'Miracles' waving his arms about and saying 'Stop!' The music did stop, he'd got a frog in his throat and rushed off to get some water! He returned, saying that had never happened before, took some water, then back to the microphone 'Let's start again!' All in all a fabulous couple of nights that will keep me and my son smiling for a long time.

PS Great entertainment on the other side of the Tyne pre show, a huge crane had perhaps 20 people suspended from it on ropes all dancing to 'Axis' which was blaring out.

Corina

#67 Post by Corina »

Denene wrote:PS Great entertainment on the other side of the Tyne pre show, a huge crane had perhaps 20 people suspended from it on ropes all dancing to 'Axis' which was blaring out.
Impressive! Glad you had such a good time :-)
What remains in time
that didn't fade away?

frightwig

#68 Post by frightwig »

Hey guys
Do any of you happen to know what the intro track that plays before Axis on this tour is? I haven't really been keeping up to date with all their b-sides, etc.. so I might have missed it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU7dz6tOnmE

MikeyC

#69 Post by MikeyC »

frightwig wrote:Hey guys
Do any of you happen to know what the intro track that plays before Axis on this tour is? I haven't really been keeping up to date with all their b-sides, etc.. so I might have missed it..

Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0obIWPXc8Mg

frightwig

#70 Post by frightwig »

MikeyC wrote:
frightwig wrote:Hey guys

Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0obIWPXc8Mg
You, sir.. are AWESOME! Thank you!!!! :mrgreen:

Trixiemix

#71 Post by Trixiemix »

Back to Trafalgar.........

Dipso

#73 Post by Dipso »

I finally saw Electric tonight; I went to the show in Hong Kong. Better late than never!

The audience was on their feet and up for it for the whole show. There was a comedy glitch though. During the pogo intro to Domino Dancing, the music cut out completely!! It took about 8 minutes to get everything up and running again, with the audience participating in some good-natured slow clapping in the meantime. Neil apologised and thanked the crowd for their patience after the second attempt at Domino Dancing. He then said "We had an unusual problem... but we dealt with it!"

Anyway, they sort of rushed through the encores after that as they were already running pretty late by this point as the show had started 40 minutes later than planned as the audience was so tardy arriving!
Prick up your ears.

Igor

#74 Post by Igor »

Domino Dancing in HK - problems, stopping, full song.

RaciePSB

#75 Post by RaciePSB »

Denene wrote:Well 2 consecutive nights at Gateshead has been quite spectacular. I managed central front row at the barrier on Tuesday (thanks to Adam for letting me squeeze in), and with the Sage being such a compact and impressive setting, even the stage was closer to the crowd so I was perhaps only 2m from Neil for much of the show, incredible. There were plenty smiles from Chris, and Neil is just getting better with age at performing and interacting with the crowd. He barely had to sing a chorus in West End Girls, Domino Dancing and Go West as just a few examples, as the crowd were fantastic at joining in. I met a lady perhaps in her 70's post show who said it was fabulous, and that she'd already been on facebook telling everyone about it!

Then last night I had the pleasure of taking my young son to his first ever PSB show, and I had managed to get front row seated tickets for this. Co-incidentally another huge fan was next to us with his 10 year old for his first show so we were in good company (and a lovely welsh fan on our other side). I'll quote my son from this morning, 'I can't say how much I loved it, because I loved it so much', and 'The light show was amazing!' I think he was blown away with the whole evening, from the costumes to the laser show to the performances of the songs etc. One comical moment was Neil in the starting lines of 'Miracles' waving his arms about and saying 'Stop!' The music did stop, he'd got a frog in his throat and rushed off to get some water! He returned, saying that had never happened before, took some water, then back to the microphone 'Let's start again!' All in all a fabulous couple of nights that will keep me and my son smiling for a long time.

PS Great entertainment on the other side of the Tyne pre show, a huge crane had perhaps 20 people suspended from it on ropes all dancing to 'Axis' which was blaring out.
I too, took my son along when attending my first ever live performance in London - June '13, then Manchester a few days later. Seeing him enthralled with the magnificent light display and music was part of the magic of what was a very special, unforgettable time - as I'm sure you'd agree. :-)
Rachel
Happily PSB-obsessed since 1986