EMI Megamix CD Promo x100

Archive for quick access to detailed information about the band.
Pertan

EMI Megamix CD Promo x100

#1 Post by Pertan »

I have many years wondered if it's really true that this CD promo
(EMI Sweden; CDPRO-4137) was only pressed in 5 copies.

Now I know for sure it's pressed in 100x and that's because I contacted EMI sweden and asked if they had any archive how many pressings made of their records.

And as you understand I got 100x for answer.

Maybe some owners are really mad at me but maybe some are glad
that next copy for sale will be bought in a reasonable price

Cheers Per

JSDOUVRES

#2 Post by JSDOUVRES »

To be honest I am sure that for most promo releases there are more than what people think or say, for example there are far more copies of the Miracles one sided promo's than what people think or have been told. Just like the fact that there are more than 50 copies of the Flamboyant club promo cd. There are and have been far too many of these promo's on sale for them to be so limited.
I always wonder where the numbers come from and it seems pretty obvious that it is from sellers who want to make more money in selling them. One seller says 50 copies and the rumour goes round that there are 50 copies without any resonable proof at all. I must admit though that on some of the press sheets for the miracles promo's it says limited to 50, but that is most probably the first pressing of the record and may not include europe or elsewhere. There are far more than that for sure.
The problem also is that, try telling collectors that have paid lots for an item that it is not as rare as they think and of course they will disagree with you.
I hate it when people try to claim an item is rare when it is not, and going by for example eil prices every psb release is a rarity.

Pertan

#3 Post by Pertan »

JSDOUVRES wrote:To be honest I am sure that for most promo releases there are more than what people think or say, for example there are far more copies of the Miracles one sided promo's than what people think or have been told. Just like the fact that there are more than 50 copies of the Flamboyant club promo cd. There are and have been far too many of these promo's on sale for them to be so limited.
I always wonder where the numbers come from and it seems pretty obvious that it is from sellers who want to make more money in selling them. One seller says 50 copies and the rumour goes round that there are 50 copies without any resonable proof at all. I must admit though that on some of the press sheets for the miracles promo's it says limited to 50, but that is most probably the first pressing of the record and may not include europe or elsewhere. There are far more than that for sure.
The problem also is that, try telling collectors that have paid lots for an item that it is not as rare as they think and of course they will disagree with you.
I hate it when people try to claim an item is rare when it is not, and going by for example eil prices every psb release is a rarity.
Totally agree with you

DJAMIX

#4 Post by DJAMIX »

Plus, which record label would spend money to produce 5, 10 or 50 copies only?
One can't find the way to peace. Peace is the way itself. (Gandhi)

Technotrancemix

#5 Post by Technotrancemix »

DJAMIX wrote:Plus, which record label would spend money to produce 5, 10 or 50 copies only?
Only a handful of vinyl acetates of each are pressed and they cost a bomb to make!

Flaffer

#6 Post by Flaffer »

problem with CD promos, such as the Flamboyant, that it is easier to produce an illegal copy of, Vinyl is trickier
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

TheGardner

Re: EMI Megamix CD Promo x100

#7 Post by TheGardner »

Pertan wrote:Now I know for sure it's pressed in 100x and that's because I contacted EMI sweden and asked if they had any archive how many pressings made of their records.
thanks a buch for this info!!!

Hmmm

#8 Post by Hmmm »

:roll: Oh dear does The Gardener have more than 1 copy :wink:
They make a little go along way.. very Minimal but Fundamental.

redsock

#9 Post by redsock »

Totally promo is either more plentiful that what people think it is, or I was lucky. :wink: I bought 3 in a deal when I was in Japan in 2000. Sadly, the little family have long since been split up. :lol:

stormynight

#10 Post by stormynight »

I wondering where all the copies are ? I haven´t seen them on eBay until now.
Did you ever walk on a stormy night...

andmaste

#11 Post by andmaste »

stormynight wrote:I wondering where all the copies are ? I haven´t seen them on eBay until now.
There is NOT ONLY e-bay.
There are:
- on-line shops
- private deals
- shops of rare records that does not sell in the net
- record fairs (I've seen plenty)

And I can confirm that some 'rare' records are NOT that rare...

Andrea
Andrea
Pet Shop Boys: Covers & Quotations
www.psbcq.it

Pertan

#12 Post by Pertan »

stormynight wrote:I wondering where all the copies are ? I haven´t seen them on eBay until now.
I think the swedish + other european radiostations still have the most of them. I think the stations got the CD instead of the 12"

A swedish guy just bought all CD's from 2 swedish bakrupt radiostations recently and both stations had 1 CD each.

//Per

Technotrancemix

#13 Post by Technotrancemix »

The story with the Introspective clear 3x12" was that Esprit got "10" copies all at once and the seller said they were in the warehouse ready to be dumped. But, just because Esprit got 10 copies, doesn't mean they were the only copies.