Is this the PSBs first TV appearance after signing to EMI?

Archive for quick access to detailed information about the band.
Boring90

Re: Is this the PSBs first TV appearance after signing to EMI?

#16 Post by Boring90 »

I take it this mix has never been released even on a boot?
Las Vegas 1999

Boring90

#17 Post by Boring90 »

July 1985.
Las Vegas 1999

Pod

#18 Post by Pod »

One pound notes, that takes me back.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

AmandaB

Re: Is this the PSBs first TV appearance after signing to EM

#19 Post by AmandaB »

MG123 wrote: Tue 11 May 2010, 11:18 pm Hi - long time lurker and eventual poster!

If this is the one I'm thinking of it's from Poparound, a spin off of Runaround which was presented by Gary Crowley. Genuinely remember watching this at the time and loving it....I must have been 6! Can't say for certain whether this is the one seeing as it was 25 years ago. Would love someone to verify if it is or not as I've always remembered watching it.
I was on this show in 1985 and won! It’s was fab and I have a framed gold disc. It was filmed at central tv studios on Lenton lane in Nottingham. I met the The Pet Shop Boys, Tim Rice, Gary Crowley and David Grant! It was called Poparound and was a similar show to Mike Reid’s runaround but this was more music questions. I would have been 12 at the time!

AmandaB

#20 Post by AmandaB »

MG123 wrote: Tue 11 May 2010, 11:18 pm Hi - long time lurker and eventual poster!

If this is the one I'm thinking of it's from Poparound, a spin off of Runaround which was presented by Gary Crowley. Genuinely remember watching this at the time and loving it....I must have been 6! Can't say for certain whether this is the one seeing as it was 25 years ago. Would love someone to verify if it is or not as I've always remembered watching it.
I also remember how excited the filming crew we’re making by the eyes of the pound notes move! Technical wasn’t as advanced as it is now 😂

Boring90

#21 Post by Boring90 »

AmandaB wrote: Fri 12 Mar 2021, 10:36 pm

I was on this show in 1985 and won! It’s was fab and I have a framed gold disc. It was filmed at central tv studios on Lenton lane in Nottingham. I met the The Pet Shop Boys, Tim Rice, Gary Crowley and David Grant! It was called Poparound and was a similar show to Mike Reid’s runaround but this was more music questions. I would have been 12 at the time!
Very very cool!
Las Vegas 1999

telys

#22 Post by telys »

Boring90 wrote: Fri 20 Nov 2015, 6:05 pm I take it this mix has never been released even on a boot?
Wow, first time I heard this mix. This song is notorious, how many mixes are there? Even more than of West End girls it seems.
----
You've got me all wrong