Hello from South London

New members introduce yourself or just say hi here. The answers to Frequently Asked Questions live here too.
ScruffyStorms

Hello from South London

#1 Post by ScruffyStorms »

Hi all! I'm a Pet Shop Boys fan in South London, celebrating 30 years of being a fan this year. It was mid 1988 that I stole my mum's cassette of Actually, and never gave it back :D The PSBs are hugely important to me because they were the first band I ever loved and kicked off my life-long obsession for music.

I've seen them live quite a few times - my first was at the Perth Entertainment Centre in November 1994, then after moving to London, the Savoy in 1997. I've now seen them nine times in total and will add two more next week at the Royal Opera House!

I've recently started a blog where I'm writing about all the gigs I've ever been to and have just posted about that Savoy gig, which is what got me to join up here as I'd really love to be able to share these memories and talk about these gigs with other fans! I'm not sure what this forum's policy is on self-promotion, but my blog link is in my sig if you'd like to check it out :)

Anyway, fabulous to be here, looking forward to chatting about the PSBs!
Scruffy Storms - All the music of my life

Pod

Re: Hello from South London

#2 Post by Pod »

Welcome and hi! Enjoyed reading the Savoy memories!
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

ScruffyStorms

Re: Hello from South London

#3 Post by ScruffyStorms »

Thank you very much Pod! :D Hard to believe that was 21 years ago, and now I’m just about to see them again at the ROH!
Scruffy Storms - All the music of my life