Hello from Chicago!

New members introduce yourself or just say hi here. The answers to Frequently Asked Questions live here too.
Twentington

Hello from Chicago!

#1 Post by Twentington »

Hello, everyone! My name's Evan, I'm 17 (so if you're wondering if PSB appeals at all to the younger crowd, just know they've managed to draw in at least one person :) ), and I've been a fan of the Boys for about the past year or so.

I knew the Boys because of West End Girls (of course) and What Have I Done to Deserve This for years beforehand, but I was under the impression that they were firmly an 80s group, probably no thanks to that career suicide they managed to pull off so well over here. Flash forward to last year. I found a relatively cheap copy of Discography, saw it had the aforementioned songs, and figured 'hey, this seems like a good buy for a dollar.' Understatement of the year, as it turned out.

I ended up listening to the whole thing, and it nearly floored me. I looked them up, found out the Boys were still making new music, listened to a bit of that, and thought 'how have I been living without this?'

I've been picking up albums in the months since (highlight: Very in the original "lego" case), and of course I've preordered Super. I figured the rumors about the new album were a good enough reason to sign up for the boards, so here I am. Glad to be here!

Zog

Re: Hello from Chicago!

#2 Post by Zog »

Twentington wrote:Hello, everyone! My name's Evan, I'm 17 (so if you're wondering if PSB appeals at all to the younger crowd, just know they've managed to draw in at least one person :) ), and I've been a fan of the Boys for about the past year or so.

I knew the Boys because of West End Girls (of course) and What Have I Done to Deserve This for years beforehand, but I was under the impression that they were firmly an 80s group, probably no thanks to that career suicide they managed to pull off so well over here. Flash forward to last year. I found a relatively cheap copy of Discography, saw it had the aforementioned songs, and figured 'hey, this seems like a good buy for a dollar.' Understatement of the year, as it turned out.

I ended up listening to the whole thing, and it nearly floored me. I looked them up, found out the Boys were still making new music, listened to a bit of that, and thought 'how have I been living without this?'

I've been picking up albums in the months since (highlight: Very in the original "lego" case), and of course I've preordered Super. I figured the rumors about the new album were a good enough reason to sign up for the boards, so here I am. Glad to be here!
Welcome Evan... keep looking and digging the PSB is an absolute goldmine of great stuff: theirs or remixed. The only "band" I have ever known the deeper you "dig" 80-90% of the time you'll be delighted to see/hear what you find. So you're in for the musical "ride" of your life :)

-Zog
New Stuff
*** “Back-Track” - Retro Funk Mix (MAS 2018)
https://soundcloud.com/martin-ashwoodsm ... k-mix-2018
*** “Cydonia” - Techno Mix (MAS 2018)
https://soundcloud.com/martin-ashwoodsm ... x-mas-2018

Pod

Re: Hello from Chicago!

#3 Post by Pod »

Twentington wrote:Hello, everyone! My name's Evan, I'm 17 (so if you're wondering if PSB appeals at all to the younger crowd, just know they've managed to draw in at least one person :) ), and I've been a fan of the Boys for about the past year or so.

Welcome Evan, great to see the lads still attracting a younger audience. You won't be disappointed - keep digging for the gold!
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.