I've Got to Start Somewhere

New members introduce yourself or just say hi here. The answers to Frequently Asked Questions live here too.
Rawmortar

I've Got to Start Somewhere

#1 Post by Rawmortar »

Hi to everyone! Well, as you can probably see on my profile, I'm a Pethead (that's how we call each others?) from Barcelona, Spain. I decided to sign up in the Community because it's always great to have a place to discuss about my favourite band.

I'm a very recent fan; although I knew their biggest hits since I have memories (Go West, Always on my mind, and specially Rent, which was one of the first videos that I discover from the Boys), it wasn't until the release of Pandemonium on the early 2010 when I start to discover the whole discography (thanks to Spotify!) and becoming a hard fan. Luckily, I could attend to their concert this summer in the Sónar Festival (which was incredibly amazing, but I think that any adjective that I could use will be short to describe the awesomeness of this event).

Some information that probably doesn't care to anybody, but well, if there's place to write it, I think it's here xD: My favourite album of the PSB (talking about a closed project) is Introspective, but if I had to choose a complete era, it'll be the Yes years (2009-2010), not just for the album, but also for it's B-Sides ("After the event" keeps giving me goose-flesh like the first listening), and specially Pandemonium, which IMHO is one of their best albums (Stuart Price made a fantastic job doing some memorable mash-ups like Closer to Heaven / Left to my own devices or Pandemonium/Can you forgive her?). And because not all is Pet Shop Boys, other bands that I really like are New Order (specially their 80's albums), R.E.M. and Justice (though some people think that it's just noise, I think that there is always a place for the Electro House :P ).

So that's all, and I'm very pleased to be here!
Building an Integral

TheGardner

Re: I've Got to Start Somewhere

#2 Post by TheGardner »

Hi Rawmortar,

welcome here. Hope you'll find here the info you're looking for! Maybe you also will find some Spanish PetHeads around here to chat with in your mother language. :)