Closer To Heaven items on auction for Stonewall

For forum users to offer their items for sale, and also to share their wanted requests with other forum users.
Future Lover

Re: Closer To Heaven items on auction for Stonewall

#16 Post by Future Lover »

Thank you for the updates!
For the record, I thought you were a brilliant lead and the live album is terrific (sad I was too young to experience it in person), and I'm also glad the musical managed to gain a somewhat cult status since then, despite the shit reviews.

paullyk

#17 Post by paullyk »

Thanks so much. Glad to hear you like the album. It was a great experience being involved

hotspotnot

#18 Post by hotspotnot »

Future Lover wrote: Thu 05 Nov 2020, 2:33 pm Thank you for the updates!
For the record, I thought you were a brilliant lead and the live album is terrific (sad I was too young to experience it in person), and I'm also glad the musical managed to gain a somewhat cult status since then, despite the shit reviews.
Mixed reviews, not shit reviews 😂

stormynight

#19 Post by stormynight »

Following
Did you ever walk on a stormy night...

tottenhammattspurs

#20 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

I wonder if "Jonathan Pie" still has any production CDs like this?
is is and isnt isnt

Greendrake

#21 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greendrake

#22 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paullyk

#23 Post by paullyk »

We were making the album all the way through the west end run - it took months! The album didn't get released till towards the end of the run, I think it was the very last week of performances. Usually a cast album is made in a few days and comes out around the time of show opening or shortly after.

The version of 'For All Of Us' in the show had different lyrics and a much more simple arrangement, so the guide track was given to me in one of our recording sessions, so I could learn the alternative version, before I went back and recorded that track at a later date - whilst still doing the 'show' version each night at the theatre.

Hope that rambling makes sense ;-)

Greendrake

#24 Post by Greendrake »

df118junkie

#25 Post by df118junkie »

Last edited by df118junkie on Sun 08 Nov 2020, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greendrake

#27 Post by Greendrake »

df118junkie

#28 Post by df118junkie »

So they went for far less than I was prepared to pay privately. Ah well. I wasn’t available for the end of the auction so they were never going to be mine. Great addition to someone’s collection. I hope it’s someone here. It’s great that things like this find their way into fan’s hands after all these years. I have a lot of great unreleased stuff that won’t be publicly shared. At least when it’s an eBay auction, it’s considered out in the wild.

Greendrake

#29 Post by Greendrake »

df118junkie

#30 Post by df118junkie »

Greendrake wrote: Sat 14 Nov 2020, 10:25 pm
df118junkie wrote: Sat 14 Nov 2020, 9:18 pm So they went for far less than I was prepared to pay privately. Ah well. I wasn’t available for the end of the auction so they were never going to be mine.
You could just enter your maximum bid in advance at any time. eBay would not allocate it all unless someone else bids above it.
But I'm glad you did not ;)
I know, but it would have pushed the cost up considerably. There’s only 5 tracks I’m interested in. Congratulations.