Closer To Heaven items on auction for Stonewall

For forum users to offer their items for sale, and also to share their wanted requests with other forum users.
paullyk

Closer To Heaven items on auction for Stonewall

#1 Post by paullyk »

Hello PSB Community

I've just signed up to the forum as I've just listed an auction on eBay for some cd's from the original production of Closer To Heaven at The Arts Theatre, London.

They've been sitting in my wardrobe for years and I thought maybe someone would be happy to have them in their collection.
I'm selling them on eBay to raise some money for Stonewall. I was involved in the original production, so can guarantee their authenticity.

Hope it's ok to put this on forum here? Spread the word and let's raise some money for Stonewall

Paul

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pet-Shop-Boy ... SwGIpfnxxK

Greendrake

Re: Closer To Heaven items on auction for Stonewall

#2 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Future Lover

#3 Post by Future Lover »

People back at Madonna forums did the following - one person bought a rare disc for a crazy amount of money. People then donated to the buyer in order to receive the files, with the person owning the discs still paying the most, and everything extra went to charity as well. It would be amazing if we could do the same!

Also, many thanks to Paul, you've come to the right address!

Greendrake

#4 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".

paullyk

#5 Post by paullyk »

Hello all, I'm pleased to see there's some interest in the discs.
I played Straight Dave in Closer To Heaven back in 2001 - an amazing experience.

I am collecting the discs from my parent's house on Wednesday (where they've been stored) and will check they all play ok.
I'm confident they will work fine as, they've been well protected... but I will confirm on Wednesday evening.

Hopefully we can raise as much money as possible for Stonewall.

Thank you for your interest

hotspotnot

#6 Post by hotspotnot »

Are any of these tracks completely unheard of already? Maybe some of the instrumentals, but any of the others?

paullyk

#7 Post by paullyk »

I'll be collecting the cd's from my parent's house on Wednesday. As soon as I've checked them, I will let you know and also update the eBay listing.
I doubt there will be a problem with them as they've been carefully stored.
I'm not sure if the content of the discs has been available elsewhere?
Hopefully they will be appealing to some fans, as they were given to me personally by Neil and the engineers at the Closer To Heaven album recording sessions.

Some discs were also provided by the record label before public performances to promote the show.

Paul

Future Lover

#8 Post by Future Lover »

https://www.psb-catalogue.com/underground.htm
The Closer to Heaven disc corresponds to the fourth disc listed here. Probably a lot of variation to what we have already! Very excited for this.

df118junkie

#9 Post by df118junkie »

I'm happy to be the bidder and final disc owner. Depending upon the final sale price, the files would be made available at a reasonable cost so that most people could enjoy them. I'll cover the shipping to the US as detailed in the listing.

leesmapman

#10 Post by leesmapman »

I'll be happy to chip in!

Sent from my SM-J410F using Tapatalk

paullyk

#11 Post by paullyk »

I'm not sure why, but I can't reply to the direct messages I've received...
I'm glad that the discs have generated some interest. As I have no idea of their worth, I'm going to let the auction run it's course on eBay, as that will be the best way to generate the most money for Stonewall. Hope that sounds fair

paullyk

#12 Post by paullyk »

Sorry for any inconvenience, but I'm going to have to restart the auction as there's information I've missed off the original listing and I'm also going to include international postage this time too.

It'll restart this evening

paullyk

#13 Post by paullyk »

The new listing is live, with postage to most countries included - through eBay's international shipping service.

Sorry again for the false start. It's a more detailed listing now, which will hopefully give you a better idea of what's on offer.

Still all for Stonewall. Thanks for bearing with me and my I.T. faux pas

https://ebay.us/GvWgHL
Last edited by paullyk on Wed 04 Nov 2020, 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greendrake

#14 Post by Greendrake »

paullyk

#15 Post by paullyk »

I think the cd that's probably the most interesting for collectors is the 'For All Of Us' one - I remember being at the studio and hearing the track for the first time and being a bit thrown that it was a really different dynamic to the version in the show. Neil was lovely and offered to record a quick guide track for me there and then. Within 10 minutes I had the cd in my hand. It's a complete one off. His vocal is amazing and pure.