Strictly BBC1 indent/advert?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Marie loves PSB

Strictly BBC1 indent/advert?

#1 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Hello All, Hope you are well. Every time I see the Strictly BBC1 indent/advert I am sure that the music is from a PSB's song. If so does anyone know which one as it is bugging me. Or am I just hearing things? :?

Marie loves PSB

Re: Strictly BBC1 indent/advert?

#2 Post by Marie loves PSB »

I "think" it could be a song that goes in to another song possibly from the Inner Sanctum tour. :)

Blade

#3 Post by Blade »

I've just seen an advert with I feel love as the track, if it's this one at the beginning it sounds like the mix into Go west where Neil says ' my heart starts missing a beat ' 'everytime'

Marie loves PSB

#4 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Blade wrote: Wed 08 Sep 2021, 6:14 pm I've just seen an advert with I feel love as the track, if it's this one at the beginning it sounds like the mix into Go west where Neil says ' my heart starts missing a beat ' 'everytime'
Many thanks Blade! :D :up: That is the one I mean. It was starting to drive me mad lol.. I really thought I was hearing things at first.

joe stalin

#5 Post by joe stalin »

The first 13 seconds of this …

https://youtu.be/bvgL5aQKuzs

joe stalin

#6 Post by joe stalin »

Blade wrote: Wed 08 Sep 2021, 6:14 pm I've just seen an advert with I feel love as the track, if it's this one at the beginning it sounds like the mix into Go west where Neil says ' my heart starts missing a beat ' 'everytime'
Btw Blade. I’m a big fan of your mixes. A personal fave of mine might surprise you. The outro to ‘to face the truth’, the last 45 seconds is just calling out for a dedicated mix of its own. The chords and the spared down chilled feel, perhaps as an instrumental, could really turn under your expert guidance, into an absolute corker. Thanks again for bringing joy

Marie loves PSB

#7 Post by Marie loves PSB »

joe stalin wrote: Thu 09 Sep 2021, 10:13 am The first 13 seconds of this …

https://youtu.be/bvgL5aQKuzs
Yes, this is it - Joe Stalin (the beginning). :up: We seem to see the shorter version of it here more and that is the whole part that sounds like PSB's. :)

ryancannell

#8 Post by ryancannell »

Strictly's music producer is Ian Masterson (aka The Trouser Enthusiasts), known to many of us as 'the bloke that mixed that cracking version of 'Discoteca''. He also co-produced 'Somewhere' and remixed 'A Red Letter Day'.

He was on Steve Anderson's (from Brothers In Rhythm) podcast recently and the conversation turned to their times working with Neil and Chris https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/i ... 0530717744
There's also a good episode with Phil Harding in that series too.

Blade

#9 Post by Blade »

joe stalin wrote: Thu 09 Sep 2021, 10:19 am
Btw Blade. I’m a big fan of your mixes. A personal fave of mine might surprise you. The outro to ‘to face the truth’, the last 45 seconds is just calling out for a dedicated mix of its own. The chords and the spared down chilled feel, perhaps as an instrumental, could really turn under your expert guidance, into an absolute corker. Thanks again for bringing joy
Thank you very much kind sir, an instrumental could be a future plan. Take care

Marie loves PSB

#10 Post by Marie loves PSB »

ryancannell wrote: Fri 10 Sep 2021, 11:47 pm Strictly's music producer is Ian Masterson (aka The Trouser Enthusiasts), known to many of us as 'the bloke that mixed that cracking version of 'Discoteca''. He also co-produced 'Somewhere' and remixed 'A Red Letter Day'.

He was on Steve Anderson's (from Brothers In Rhythm) podcast recently and the conversation turned to their times working with Neil and Chris https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/i ... 0530717744
There's also a good episode with Phil Harding in that series too.
Thank you for this Ryancannell. I never knew about it! :D