Anything?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
One of the crowd

Re: Anything?

#16 Post by One of the crowd »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Sun 29 Aug 2021, 4:23 pm What was the most sparse PSB year? 1998? I can’t think of anything, music, product or collaborations between the fan club Snow at Xmas cd and DKWYWBICGIA in late summer 99?
1998 saw the release of Twentieth Century Blues and later in the year, Screaming, on the Psycho OST
Fishing

OakeyDokey

#17 Post by OakeyDokey »

I mean that's still pretty prettttty sparse given their usual output frequency

canveyboy

#18 Post by canveyboy »

y3potential wrote: Tue 31 Aug 2021, 12:00 pm
canveyboy wrote: Mon 30 Aug 2021, 11:38 pm I know we’ve not long had Discovery released on DVD/CD but I’m desperately hoping for MCMLXXXIX to be finally released, preferably for Christmas or early next year. As they said in Annually it’s the only remaining one of their concert films yet to be released on DVD. It’s a dead cert money maker. The fans would absolutely love it. It would be easy to get released without too much expense or time spent on it as I’m sure that film has been ready to go for years! That would tie us over nicely until the tour next year and then new album in the Autumn!

Come on lads - a nice 2xCD/DVD package like Discovery please! 🙏🙏🙏🙏

I couldn't agree more. And the whole concert, not just the "Highlights" edit. The clips shown in A Life In Pop look gorgeous and proof that the concert film has been remastered.
Oh definitely - has to be the full un-edited show complete with Courtney Pine’s excruciatingly painful 2 minute solo in Left to my own devices 😂 - nope, I’m not interested in the ‘Highlights’ edit either. And you’re correct about the excerpts in ‘A Life in Pop’ - they look amazing so let’s just get this released boys! I want this in my Christmas stocking please!
Its taken me all of my life to find you

Marie loves PSB

#19 Post by Marie loves PSB »

canveyboy wrote: Tue 31 Aug 2021, 11:17 pm
canveyboy wrote: Mon 30 Aug 2021, 11:38 pm I know we’ve not long had Discovery released on DVD/CD but I’m desperately hoping for MCMLXXXIX to be finally released, preferably for Christmas or early next year. As they said in Annually it’s the only remaining one of their concert films yet to be released on DVD. It’s a dead cert money maker. The fans would absolutely love it. It would be easy to get released without too much expense or time spent on it as I’m sure that film has been ready to go for years! That would tie us over nicely until the tour next year and then new album in the Autumn!

Come on lads - a nice 2xCD/DVD package like Discovery please! 🙏🙏🙏🙏

I couldn't agree more. And the whole concert, not just the "Highlights" edit. The clips shown in A Life In Pop look gorgeous and proof that the concert film has been remastered.
Oh definitely - has to be the full un-edited show complete with Courtney Pine’s excruciatingly painful 2 minute solo in Left to my own devices 😂 - nope, I’m not interested in the ‘Highlights’ edit either. And you’re correct about the excerpts in ‘A Life in Pop’ - they look amazing so let’s just get this released boys! I want this in my Christmas stocking please!
I agree with you both and think about this most of the time now-a-days (I must get out more lol..). I recently had the numerals and the colours that were on the black tour t-shirt tattooed down my shin. I really hope a DVD is released soon. :up: :D

canveyboy

#20 Post by canveyboy »

Marie loves PSB wrote: Wed 01 Sep 2021, 3:26 pm
canveyboy wrote: Tue 31 Aug 2021, 11:17 pm

I agree with you both and think about this most of the time now-a-days (I must get out more lol..). I recently had the numerals and the colours that were on the black tour t-shirt tattooed down my shin. I really hope a DVD is released soon. :up: :D
Oh I loved that black t-shirt but regretted not buying it after I got home (I know, I know 🤷🏼‍♂️) but I did buy the program!! Would love to see your tattoo Marie!

If they do release this in full on DVD then I think the artwork should match the tour program - the blue cover with the Dalmatian dog from the Paninaro film. I don’t think they should copy the highlights cover.

Marie loves PSB

#21 Post by Marie loves PSB »

I agree about the t-shirt Canveyboy. It's the same here. I wanted to buy it but, I didn't have the money as I spent that going to the concert itself. I think I must have been around 11 years old. This is why I had the tattoo done as I was after a gap filler as I missed out on the t-shirt. Please excuse my pale legs and bad photo taking. :D The Dalmatian as a DVD cover sounds good.Image

leesmapman

#22 Post by leesmapman »

Brilliant

Spittingcat

#23 Post by Spittingcat »

The Dalmatian as a DVD cover sounds good.
Please, please, please, please let this happen.

Andie

#24 Post by Andie »

Spittingcat wrote: Thu 02 Sep 2021, 3:09 pm
The Dalmatian as a DVD cover sounds good.
Please, please, please, please let this happen.
+ 1 It has to be the Dalmatian 8) :D
Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars

joe stalin

#25 Post by joe stalin »

I could be wrong but I think I read recently that Elton John is about to release a 30 odd track collection of songs entitled lockdown sessions featuring guest tie ups. Wonder if N&C will feature ?

Spittingcat

#26 Post by Spittingcat »

They don't*. I've seen the tracklist for the CD (it's not 30 tracks though).

[ *unless you include writing and production on It's a sin ]
Last edited by Spittingcat on Fri 03 Sep 2021, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leesmapman

#27 Post by leesmapman »

Well, It's A Sin with Olly Alexander is on that album.

Spittingcat

#28 Post by Spittingcat »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lockdown_Sessions

https://store.eltonjohn.com/*/The-Lockd ... 43418TA000
7. Elton John & Years & Years – It's a sin (global reach mix)
Global reach mix???

canveyboy

#29 Post by canveyboy »

Marie loves PSB wrote: Thu 02 Sep 2021, 1:40 pm I agree about the t-shirt Canveyboy. It's the same here. I wanted to buy it but, I didn't have the money as I spent that going to the concert itself. I think I must have been around 11 years old. This is why I had the tattoo done as I was after a gap filler as I missed out on the t-shirt. Please excuse my pale legs and bad photo taking. :D The Dalmatian as a DVD cover sounds good.Image
Love it Marie!! So cool xx

Marie loves PSB

#30 Post by Marie loves PSB »

canveyboy wrote: Sat 04 Sep 2021, 9:47 am
Marie loves PSB wrote: Thu 02 Sep 2021, 1:40 pm I agree about the t-shirt Canveyboy. It's the same here. I wanted to buy it but, I didn't have the money as I spent that going to the concert itself. I think I must have been around 11 years old. This is why I had the tattoo done as I was after a gap filler as I missed out on the t-shirt. Please excuse my pale legs and bad photo taking. :D The Dalmatian as a DVD cover sounds good.Image
Love it Marie!! So cool xx
Thank you Canveyboy! x :D