PSB @ Zara

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
eastendboy

Re: PSB @ Zara

#61 Post by eastendboy »

Personally my favourite is Love Etc out of the four and it’s just brilliant this is happening and as sales are going well there should be more to follow. Maybe email info@beckerbrown.com with some suggestions. Marie mentioned the coloured 1989 tour t-shirt, at the time I wanted everything on the stall inside Wembley Atena.

eastendboy

#62 Post by eastendboy »

Meant to say Arena.

davenjulieuk

#63 Post by davenjulieuk »

Suburbia shirts back in stock!
Miracles happen when you're around...

Eleven

#64 Post by Eleven »

I bought the Suburbia via online but I will return it,
Im size S but this S size is like an M so I would need an XS but that doesnt exist, also where I live is very warm and the way its made its basically impossible to wear, a good idea bad executed, you better do it yourselves with the shirts that fit you well

This seems to be made by a rapper who likes to wear extra size shirts
Just my experience

psbfannyc

#65 Post by psbfannyc »

Finally a public admittance...

https://www.petshopboys.co.uk/pet-texts/2021-07-22/zara

"22 July 2021

Zara
Check out four PSB T-shirts based on classic designs now available from Zara, in-store and online. There’s also a tote bag. Links below."

https://www.zara.com/uk/en/search?searc ... ection=MAN

zukunft

#66 Post by zukunft »

Now it‘s official.
4DEF50A9-0D90-4F47-8F32-ADBD90137D40.jpeg
4DEF50A9-0D90-4F47-8F32-ADBD90137D40.jpeg (211.58 KiB) Viewed 413 times

Marie loves PSB

#67 Post by Marie loves PSB »

eastendboy wrote: Thu 22 Jul 2021, 8:23 pm Personally my favourite is Love Etc out of the four and it’s just brilliant this is happening and as sales are going well there should be more to follow. Maybe email info@beckerbrown.com with some suggestions. Marie mentioned the coloured 1989 tour t-shirt, at the time I wanted everything on the stall inside Wembley Atena.
Yes - I am still after that black t shirt. :D Last time I saw it, it was worth a lot of money. The hoodie looked nice at that concert too. Also, the limited Introspective t-shirt that come out later (I think) I would love. (I don't want a lot do I? :mrgreen: ) The silvery one if that is any help. To the fans that have got these new t-shirts is the quality any good? E.g. are the white t-shirts quite thick? :)

Scottydog

#68 Post by Scottydog »

Marie loves PSB wrote: Fri 23 Jul 2021, 10:44 am
eastendboy wrote: Thu 22 Jul 2021, 8:23 pm Personally my favourite is Love Etc out of the four and it’s just brilliant this is happening and as sales are going well there should be more to follow. Maybe email info@beckerbrown.com with some suggestions. Marie mentioned the coloured 1989 tour t-shirt, at the time I wanted everything on the stall inside Wembley Atena.
Yes - I am still after that black t shirt. :D Last time I saw it, it was worth a lot of money. The hoodie looked nice at that concert too. Also, the limited Introspective t-shirt that come out later (I think) I would love. (I don't want a lot do I? :mrgreen: ) The silvery one if that is any help. To the fans that have got these new t-shirts is the quality any good? E.g. are the white t-shirts quite thick? :)
I have the light blue Format one. The cotton is excellent quality and yes very thick.
If I thought what you’d think I wouldn’t even be here.

Marie loves PSB

#69 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Scottydog wrote: Fri 23 Jul 2021, 11:42 am
Marie loves PSB wrote: Fri 23 Jul 2021, 10:44 am
I have the light blue Format one. The cotton is excellent quality and yes very thick.
Thank you for letting me know Scottydog. :D They looked quite thick. - Quality! :mrgreen: I will keep looking on that site. :up:

Marie loves PSB

#70 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Typical = all out of stock in my size. :roll: Well, Zara - you know the demand is high now please make more and more different designs. :up: :mrgreen: I wonder why these are not being sold though the PSB's store?

Tom Angel

#71 Post by Tom Angel »

I've bought the Suburbia one.

The small is like a medium. But with the sleeves rolled up it's a decent fit actually, but is closer to a M
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

Spittingcat

#72 Post by Spittingcat »

have the light blue Format one.
Ooo... I'd missed the fact that was light blue, thought it was boring white. Very nice. Might have to get that one as well. Suburbia on its way...

CompleteWeirdo

#73 Post by CompleteWeirdo »

Have to say, the complete absence of any reporting on this little development on the official website is baffling/intriguing/frustrating. For PSB-related clothing to go on sale in a major high street chain (this is a group with a singer old enough to get a free bus pass for goodness sake!) and not even get a mention by the group themselves (other than that tweet?!) is, well, rather odd. No. It's utterly demented. Mad. My wife, who isn't even a big PSB fan, was astonished when I sent her the clothing-range details on Monday. I think she thought it was a wind-up.

I wonder, without getting too scandal and gossipy, if there has been some opposition on board The Good Ship PSB to the whole enterprise. Zara are well-known across the world for their fast-fashion, don't-give-a-f--k ethics and care for workers' rights/their environmental stances and yet...they also have the kind-of retail space and power to push out this kind of thing quite nicely and PSB actually fit reasonably well into the kind of retro branding thing they'd be good at. Indeed, they've clearly done it with relatively little effort because as of this evening, their UK stock of this merchandise is 0.

I wonder whether a few certain persons thought it would make a great ££ spinner (no names named) whilst others felt absolutely not, it goes entirely against the left-leaning, anti-corporate reputation that the PSB thrive on (just look at a certain EP for examples). They're no strangers to dancing with the devil, of course. Remember the 'free CD' that went out with The Mail on Sunday (The Yes era), a publication NT himself described as 'beastly'?!

But it isn't just the above. The design choices. 'Format' being used as the focus for one of the shirts? Why? Huh?! It's an album of b-sides, the artwork is, well, Ok but hardly spectacular but, more to the point, when there's so, so many other incredible, alluring, original, spectacular designs and imagery and clever referencing to have potentially exploited, whacking the likes of 'Format' and 'Super' on the clothing is just f-----g baffling. I suppose one could argue the intention was to create designs that weren't, well, clichéd and simply copies of what you might expect on a PSB t-shirt (e.g. one with the 'Actually' cover in the centre) but one wonders if T&L were involved in the design processes...

One also wonders...was Lowe smoking crack with the Zara buying team one evening earlier this year and ended up committing himself to something he probably shouldn't?

Oh, and as for charging £20 for a tote bag....

billjermaine

#74 Post by billjermaine »

Suburbia is the best one. Give me 1986 any day. Love that they stayed true to the Farrow design.

Future Lover

#75 Post by Future Lover »

CompleteWeirdo wrote: Fri 23 Jul 2021, 11:29 pm ...
This is a lot.