Rating Project for "Cricket Wife"

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
geowayne

Rating Project for "Cricket Wife"

#1 Post by geowayne »

Hey there! I believe I've waited long enough to run a new Rating Project poll for the most recently released Pet Shop Boys song, "Cricket Wife." I realize that not everyone who ordered Annually 2021, accompanied by the "Cricket Wife" CD single, may have received it by now. But after all this time, I figure that anyone who's really interested who may not have received the CD will have heard the song by now via YouTube, digital download, and/or some other means. So I'm going to proceed with this one-song rating poll, allowing it to run for at least one full week, through Saturday, July 24 (and perhaps two weeks depending on how many votes come in during the week ahead).

Please remember to rate "Cricket Wife" as it compares, in your own personal estimation, to the rest of the Pet Shop Boys' catalog of songs—not how it compares to the entire universe of songs by other artists—with 0 meaning "one of their all-time worst songs," 5 meaning "an average PSB song," and 10 meaning "one of their all-time best songs."

When you're ready to vote, please visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and make your choice right there on my home page. At the end of this survey, I'll announce the final outcome (the average rating and a few other relevant stats) and add it to my overall Rating Project page.

Thanks, everybody, and I'm looking forward to seeing how "Cricket Wife" shapes up in your collective estimation!

Synthrobot

Re: Rating Project for "Cricket Wife"

#2 Post by Synthrobot »

I gave it 2, very very poor in my opinion. Worse even than Electricity 😂