Shep Pettibone collection

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
retrofuturist

Re: Shep Pettibone collection

#16 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

I see his definitive mix of New Order's Bizarre Love Triangle is there. Classic.

Retro. :)

Gabby

#17 Post by Gabby »

I thought the West End girls mix was on CD somewhere? Can anyone confirm that? In the article it says on CD in the UK fir the first time...the world is a big place.

retrofuturist

#18 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Gabby wrote: Thu 01 Jul 2021, 2:33 am I thought the West End girls mix was on CD somewhere? Can anyone confirm that? In the article it says on CD in the UK fir the first time...the world is a big place.
Not officially that I know of, but you're right, the world's a big place. As you likely know, the Disco version takes its intro from West-End Dub before seamlessly mixing into the mastermix.

Retro. :)

Oznerol

#19 Post by Oznerol »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Wed 30 Jun 2021, 4:13 pm https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/art ... ter-mixes/

This incredible track list includes West End girls (Shep Pettibone Mix) on CD for the first time ever (The DISCO version was a unique edit)

The Pettibone Mastermix was released on CD since 1986! It was included on an official various artists CD compilation from Netehrlands called "Now Dance", but mislabeled as "Extended Mix".
The strange thing here, is that the original "Mastermix" (on that CD and also on the 12" releases) is 8:09 in lenght. But The track lenght on this new Pettibone compilation is reported as 8:27 (on CD) and 8:35 (on vinyl). Maybe a mistake on the lenghts information, or maybe we´ll get a variant (or two? I don´t think so...) of the original Mastermix!
This is not my signature.

Oznerol

#20 Post by Oznerol »

it seems that I´m every day stronger with my secret power about posting a comment on a thread become the last one. I´m a complete topic killer! XD
This is not my signature.

Eleven

#21 Post by Eleven »

Shep Pettibone has shapped the sound of our lives, I dont think people that usually listens to 80s records realize how many hits he is behind

Luke Colorado

#22 Post by Luke Colorado »

Id be cool if Shep was the DJ for the Upcoming US tour. Nothing against Okenfold, but Shep was a huge part of BOTH PSB and NO’s remix catalog.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

Luke Colorado

#23 Post by Luke Colorado »

I would have Shep open with a set and then, as his last track, play either his backing track of West End girls or True Faith depending on who was the first act that might.

oakey

#24 Post by oakey »

Shep retired in the mid nineties though

Luke Colorado

#25 Post by Luke Colorado »

https://asbury.gaycities.com/events/664 ... y-paradise

No, he still DJs at his club in NJ.

oakey

#26 Post by oakey »

Luke Colorado wrote: Sun 04 Jul 2021, 8:48 pm https://asbury.gaycities.com/events/664 ... y-paradise

No, he still DJs at his club in NJ.
That is a flyer for a party in his honour, nowhere does it say that he will play a set nor that he will be present. The photo on it is also at least 15 years old.

He only spins very occasionally as stated in this interview: https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... -interview

Synthrobot

#27 Post by Synthrobot »

Luke Colorado wrote: Wed 30 Jun 2021, 9:08 pm Not surprised. Bitch.
:lol: