Amazon Music

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Spatzio
Great Britain

Amazon Music

#1 Post by Spatzio »

I was really disappointed today to find I could no longer play many PSB albums on Amazon Music. Please, Actually, introspective and One More Chance 12” got significant airtime at home but today none of these were available. Has anyone else noticed this or know of a reason (dispute)?

djx

Re: Amazon Music

#2 Post by djx »

all appear to be here for me

y3potential

#3 Post by y3potential »

Spatzio wrote: Sat 05 Jun 2021, 7:22 pm I was really disappointed today to find I could no longer play many PSB albums on Amazon Music. Please, Actually, introspective and One More Chance 12” got significant airtime at home but today none of these were available. Has anyone else noticed this or know of a reason (dispute)?
Do you not have the CD's or Vinyl albums..?
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

Gabby

#4 Post by Gabby »

I guess PSB are no longer Alexa's favorite band 🤣

Spatzio
Great Britain

#5 Post by Spatzio »

y3potential wrote: Sun 06 Jun 2021, 10:21 pm
Spatzio wrote: Sat 05 Jun 2021, 7:22 pm I was really disappointed today to find I could no longer play many PSB albums on Amazon Music. Please, Actually, introspective and One More Chance 12” got significant airtime at home but today none of these were available. Has anyone else noticed this or know of a reason (dispute)?
Do you not have the CD's or Vinyl albums..?
Yes I do but I no longer keep a CD player or turntable set up at home having had access to most of what I want through iTunes or Amazon music. This does mean I can’t listen to a few of the 12” vinyl I have but I keep for special occasions anyways.

Spatzio
Great Britain

#6 Post by Spatzio »

djx wrote: Sun 06 Jun 2021, 7:15 pm all appear to be here for me
And they’ve appeared for me again. Must have been some temporary issue but resolved now thankfully.
When I posted I’d asked Alexa for albums and individual songs and searched in the app and they were missing.
There was a [re]discover pet shop boys playlist available with only a couple of other items returned in my searches but this seems to have gone. The [re]discover playlist seems to be gone now though.
Panic over 😀

telys

#7 Post by telys »

Not keeping a CD/LP set up at home seems a bit naive.
Using online services instead of your own mp3/wav/flac-library on a hard drive is not exactly the way where you don't have yourself to blame.
----
You've got me all wrong

RMC

#8 Post by RMC »

telys wrote: Wed 09 Jun 2021, 7:45 pm Not keeping a CD/LP set up at home seems a bit naive.
Using online services instead of your own mp3/wav/flac-library on a hard drive is not exactly the way where you don't have yourself to blame.
What about while in a car, my car doesn’t have a CD it’s either DAB or streaming / car play so my collection is redundant.

Scottydog

#9 Post by Scottydog »

Streaming from the likes of Amazon is a brilliant way to access what I like to listen too quickly and efficiently. I don’t trust it enough to guarantee that they will always have everything I want. I’ve found certain less mainstream tracks disappear and reappear too often for my liking. So if it’s something I like and want to keep it has to be in a format I can rely on.
Streaming in the car from your own collection is easy if you download to your phone or another streaming device.
If I thought what you’d think I wouldn’t even be here.

telys

#10 Post by telys »

RMC wrote: Wed 09 Jun 2021, 9:40 pm
telys wrote: Wed 09 Jun 2021, 7:45 pm Not keeping a CD/LP set up at home seems a bit naive.
What about while in a car, my car doesn’t have a CD it’s either DAB or streaming / car play so my collection is redundant.
Just put your mp3's on a usb stick and shove it into the usb outlet in the car. Or drive vintage!
----
You've got me all wrong