Cicero - Today (Remixed)

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Spittingcat

Cicero - Today (Remixed)

#1 Post by Spittingcat »

https://cicero.hearnow.com

First half is actual (not for early in the morning) remixes, second half is more subtle extended mixes of the best songs off his recent Today album (and if you haven't heard that, you should probably have a listen to those songs here).

jyllinge

Re: Cicero - Today (Remixed)

#2 Post by jyllinge »

It's Over (Personal Shopper Extended Mix) - is OMG amazing.

I can hear some small references as well to PSB - which is just fun.

Eleven

#3 Post by Eleven »

I like some tracks as well, I wonder if Neil and Chris know about it, such a shame Spaguetti Records didnt work as expected

Gary1962

#4 Post by Gary1962 »

jyllinge wrote: Fri 04 Jun 2021, 11:16 am It's Over (Personal Shopper Extended Mix) - is OMG amazing.

Agree with you on that, it is an outstanding mix from an outstanding album, both the main album and remix albums are well worth checking out, collectively I think they contain better songs than "Future Boy".
If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to fear
If you've something to hide, you shouldn't even be here!

Grover

#5 Post by Grover »

‘Anyone but You (Gordon Tennant Remix)’ .... a pseudonym of our own Neil, doing a not-so-secret collaboration ?! 😵
Or... just a joke from Cicero to reference to the successful past and honour Neil?

I really thought one of the above must be true! 😊. Until I googled ‘Gordon Tennant’... it turned out this is in fact a living human being, having nothing whatsoever to do with mr. Neil Tennant at all. Let’s continue doing my garden... 🪴

jyllinge

#6 Post by jyllinge »

Gary1962 wrote: Sun 06 Jun 2021, 9:44 am
jyllinge wrote: Fri 04 Jun 2021, 11:16 am It's Over (Personal Shopper Extended Mix) - is OMG amazing.

Agree with you on that, it is an outstanding mix from an outstanding album, both the main album and remix albums are well worth checking out, collectively I think they contain better songs than "Future Boy".
Its on heavy rotation while im working :-)

Synthrobot

#7 Post by Synthrobot »

Agreed, the Personal Shopper mix is great. I’m The Face This World Alone remix and Gordon Tennant’s caught my attention too. And of course River of Lies extended mix is pure class. Nice work Mr Cicero.