T-Shirts

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
eastendboy

T-Shirts

#1 Post by eastendboy »

So we finally have a bit of sunshine and would love to wear some PSB t shirts from back in the day but they are faded and possibly shrunk although it might be me!

Do you think it’s a good idea to have tour t shirts reprinted and sold on the PSB website?

Personally I’d buy most of the 89 tour merchandise.

There could be licensing issues with companies but I’m sure this could be resolved and I have been buying reprinted Carter USM t shirts from their website and they seem to be selling well.

rashomon

Re: T-Shirts

#2 Post by rashomon »

Just don’t let Digital Stores handle the distribution …
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

tottenhammattspurs

#3 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

As a side note, for a band with such detail for style, aesthetic and attention to detail, 90% of their wearable merchandise is god-awful.
is is and isnt isnt

tottenhammattspurs

#4 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

eastendboy wrote: Tue 01 Jun 2021, 11:58 am So we finally have a bit of sunshine and would love to wear some PSB t shirts from back in the day but they are faded and possibly shrunk although it might be me!

Do you think it’s a good idea to have tour t shirts reprinted and sold on the PSB website?

Personally I’d buy most of the 89 tour merchandise.

There could be licensing issues with companies but I’m sure this could be resolved and I have been buying reprinted Carter USM t shirts from their website and they seem to be selling well.
I’ve just ordered those USM shorts they emailed about this week!
is is and isnt isnt

rashomon

#5 Post by rashomon »

“When you're younger, you can eat what you like, drink what you like, and still climb in to your 26-inch-waist trousers and zip them closed. Then you reach that age …”

eastendboy

#6 Post by eastendboy »

Carter were trying to get Chris Barrie to do the intro for their last show in Brixton but for some reason it didn’t happen. I’ve emailed PSB management to see if this would be a possibility so if I get a reply I’ll post it on here.

Gabby

#7 Post by Gabby »

I'd probably buy a fresh Performance Tour t-shirt. Mine is lovely, but faded badly. I'd also like some larger versions of newer ones - I wasn't able to buy "L" so went with "M" and realised I need to lose A LOT of weight to fit sensibly into them. The "L" are a pretty snug fit too, especially if you don't have a brilliant physique (like me).

Patrick Bateman

#8 Post by Patrick Bateman »

I used to like my Actually t-shirt, which I remember sporting on my summer holidays in 1989. Sadly no pictorial evidence though.

popfreak

#9 Post by popfreak »

id love a reprint of the classic suburbia t shirt

rashomon

#10 Post by rashomon »

tottenhammattspurs wrote:As a side note, for a band with such detail for style, aesthetic and attention to detail, 90% of their wearable merchandise is god-awful.
Probably worth just rolling your own… countless ways to get custom shirts printed - just need decent quality images

Andie

#11 Post by Andie »

rashomon wrote: Tue 01 Jun 2021, 4:36 pm “When you're younger, you can eat what you like, drink what you like, and still climb in to your 26-inch-waist trousers and zip them closed. Then you reach that age …”

Oh yes, that's for sure!!! :lol: :cry:
Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars

Andie

#12 Post by Andie »

Sorry! Double post!!
Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars

onzio

#13 Post by onzio »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Tue 01 Jun 2021, 12:48 pm As a side note, for a band with such detail for style, aesthetic and attention to detail, 90% of their wearable merchandise is god-awful.
They are incredibly oversized and loose fit. The prints looks like home made iron tranfers.
The Onzio on Spotify
The Onzio on YouTube
Expressing passion, explaining pain
This is my kind of music

rashomon

#14 Post by rashomon »

Agreed Onzio

I have a small frame and even their small shirts are loose and baggy. Prefer a fitted style always. And the photo images flake off and fade rapidly.

The only quality shirt I have is the red ROH House Music one. Still looks and wears well after many washes.

Marie loves PSB

#15 Post by Marie loves PSB »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Tue 01 Jun 2021, 12:48 pm As a side note, for a band with such detail for style, aesthetic and attention to detail, 90% of their wearable merchandise is god-awful.
Sad but true! :down: Extra large is too big, Large only just fits. Most of my T-shirts are long gone as they have had it. My Pride T shirt with the rainbow roundels is not even centred properly. Does anyone remember they had a T shirt of "Can you forgive Her"? Through the fan club that seemed to take a long time to arrive and then they changed the design in the end. They changed it to that oatmeal material (I think it was called then). It was awful and was like splinters. As like you have mentioned tottenhammattspurs that they are a band known for details and style etc...