"My beautiful laundrette" and "Cricket wife" available on streaming

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

glennjridge

Re: "My beautiful laundrette" and "Cricket wife" available on streaming

#32 Post by glennjridge »

Thanks I hadnt heard some of these, I hate when I hear an instrumental I love...such as the beautiful laundrette tune...because I wonder what it would have been like if it had singing......its some nice dark sounding techno!

Disco.

#33 Post by Disco. »

Will be interesting to see if it enter the U.K album chart next week, currently #8 in I-Tunes album chart, in a way8 hope it doesn’t, since I’m sure that’s not why it was released, and it would ruin their run of Top 10 albums entries.

daveid

#35 Post by daveid »

I wonder if the decision to release this and Launderette to streaming and download is in part due to the exposure they've had recently with Its a sin.

Markpro

#37 Post by Markpro »

On the cover of My Beautiful launderette I wish they had left one door open so it looked like it was yawning as a nod to Actually
I've been a Teenager since before you were born.

leesmapman

#38 Post by leesmapman »

Markpro wrote: Sun 23 May 2021, 4:48 pm On the cover of My Beautiful launderette I wish they had left one door open so it looked like it was yawning as a nod to Actually
Yeah, that's a missed opportunity.

But what a tune eh people? That Beautiful Laundrette instrumental.

PSBForTheMasses

#39 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

Australians continue to surprise me. My Beatiful...is holding onto top 30 in charts (actually it is number 16 at the moment) and Discography was 38 (53 now). I thought PSB have dwindled into nothing there. They surprised me in the past as well when Absolutely Fabulous hit number 2 (Boys' biggest hit there, LOL) and on the heels of it, Bilingual was a top 3 album, probably the highest position globally (maybe after Israel- I am not sure but it was number 2).

matt74uk

#40 Post by matt74uk »

telys wrote: Fri 21 May 2021, 5:39 pm That's so sad. Why use Spotify when one already knows what one wants to listen to?
Because it means just clicking a button and the playlist of PSB tracks I want to listen to starts playing, either in the order I put them, or on shuffle.

Also means that it registers as a stream against that track, so technically PSB would be getting money for something I've already paid for on CD, which they wouldn't get if I just played the CD or listened to a locally ripped mp3.

telys

#41 Post by telys »

matt74uk wrote: Mon 31 May 2021, 12:09 pm
telys wrote: Fri 21 May 2021, 5:39 pm That's so sad. Why use Spotify when one already knows what one wants to listen to?
Because it means just clicking a button and the playlist of PSB tracks I want to listen to starts playing, either in the order I put them, or on shuffle.

Don't need Spotify to achieve that. Can do it by tapping on my PC without any internet connection, I have easy access to my PSB library on my hard drive. And I don't need internet connection to do that.
----
You've got me all wrong