"My beautiful laundrette" and "Cricket wife" available on streaming

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
jyllinge

Re: Re:

#16 Post by jyllinge »

canveyboy wrote: Fri 21 May 2021, 11:16 am
Dog wrote: Fri 21 May 2021, 10:06 am
canveyboy wrote:So there goes the exclusivity of the CW and TBL CDs!!

I felt like I had something special with those CDs - that the general public couldn’t have or hear - I had paid a special price to get the exclusive.

But now…I don’t have anything special or exclusive as it’s now on general release. Great for people who missed out on the CD though so there are some winners!!
You will have to see it that you exclusively own it on CD. I don’t really understand the notion of wanting to have something exclusively. I was happy to buy the CD but prefer to have the tracks available on Streaming where I can listen to them alongside other music. I wish they would add more of their catalogue, particularly remixes.

I wonder if Cricket wife will be released on vinyl?
Yeah I guess you’re right - it’s nice to own the CD as an exclusive I guess. I don’t mean to sound precious at all. But I like that we have Relentless on CD and it’s only available on CD. It’s rare. I guess that’s what I’m trying to compare it too. I like that to hear it you had to buy it. And still do. Still, everyone’s a winner as they say!
As a collector there is something special about the artwork etc and have it physically. I mean, as example, I got the book Catalogue and all of it electronically etc. but getting the Japanese limited edition release of Behaviour (with the extended mix of This must be the place on a 3" cd) was priceless for me (and many more originals during lockdown). I would love to get my own ordered & paid copy of annually and the cd from Digitalstores...but its probably soon sold on ebay at a very high price.

matt74uk

Re: "My beautiful laundrette" and "Cricket wife" available on streaming

#17 Post by matt74uk »

I see it as the CD physical copy is the exclusive, so they sit along side my other CD singles. To be honest, I don't think I've actually "played" a CD single for years, everything is now just on a Spotify playlist.

leesmapman

#18 Post by leesmapman »

Let those streaming paupers have their music. We physical kings will have the last laugh when Spotify is stopping its service.
this is all meant tongue-in-cheek

Patrick Bateman

#19 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Chris clearly wants Arsenal challenging for the title again.

Future Lover

#20 Post by Future Lover »

I, for one, look forward to scalpers losing on money they didn't earn anyway. In a just world, any fan would get the book affordably, but obviously can't, since some folks are buying multiples...

telys

#21 Post by telys »

matt74uk wrote: Fri 21 May 2021, 4:52 pm I see it as the CD physical copy is the exclusive, so they sit along side my other CD singles. To be honest, I don't think I've actually "played" a CD single for years, everything is now just on a Spotify playlist.
That's so sad. Why use Spotify when one already knows what one wants to listen to? I mean, I could (and I think I have at one point or another) loaded all my mp3s, at least all my PSB mp3s, into a randomized playlist. Works just like Spotiy I would assume (I've never used Spotify, never found the need for it). I have so much music I can create my own streaming service inside the house. Why let someone else take control over one's music listening?
----
You've got me all wrong

Luke Colorado

#22 Post by Luke Colorado »

TCW’s lyrics are pretty pretentious and kind of juvenile, aren’t they?
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

NotInvisible

#23 Post by NotInvisible »

Luke Colorado wrote: Fri 21 May 2021, 6:16 pm TCW’s lyrics are pretty pretentious and kind of juvenile, aren’t they?
No?

Luke Colorado

#24 Post by Luke Colorado »

I dunno, they sound like the result of a high school creative writing exercise to me.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

Old Soak

#26 Post by Old Soak »

I really am too old to 'get' streaming. It's like recording a song onto a cassette off a radio in the 1970's and thinking you 'own' it - you don't. You don't own nothing. You are typically playing a tinny mp3. Convenience? Sure, fine if you MUST have music on the move via your phone but not in the home, and at a price of sound quality and the loss of the joy of physical, the pleasure of collecting, the hearing of tracks as a complete whole rather than randomly offered or curated as a 'playlist'...modern life is rubbish.
And at the end/ Your funny Uncle staring / At all your friends / With military bearing

Disco.

#27 Post by Disco. »

Top 10 in a lot of countries on I-Tunes . And #1 in El Salvador and Nicaragua 😊

Old Soak

#28 Post by Old Soak »

Available as mp3's from Amazon from today: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08 ... s_sp_ps_dp
And at the end/ Your funny Uncle staring / At all your friends / With military bearing

Dog

#29 Post by Dog »

I don’t get music fans that are down on streaming. It doesn’t make sense. I have a big music collection of CDs and vinyl (c2,000 items). I have a large iTunes library (c30,000 track). I also subscribe to Spotify. If I could only have one I would choose Spotify in a heartbeat. What the hell does “owning music” actually mean? I love listening to music. For me it’s not about the best possible sound quality or having it on my shelf. I just love to listen to it, and I love organising things into new and interesting contexts, for my enjoyment. Spotify may not have absolutely everything I love but it has most things and I have the other sources for everything else.
Woof.

Future Lover

#30 Post by Future Lover »

We're honestly lucky that we still have multiple options. Whenever something relevant pops up on streaming, I make sure to download it as well for safekeeping, so basically, local files, streaming and the occasional physical medium is perfection.