DREAMWORLD TOUR: set list speculation. Which songs are PSB going to play?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Message
Author
OakeyDokey
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun 04 Oct 2020, 10:05 pm
Contact:

Re: DREAMWORLD TOUR: set list speculation. What are PSB going to play?

#16 Post by OakeyDokey »

f***-off Absolutely Atrocious for Disappointed.

Nickname
Posts: 6501
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: DREAMWORLD TOUR: set list speculation. What are PSB going to play?

#17 Post by Nickname »

OakeyDokey wrote: Thu 20 May 2021, 2:54 pm f*** Absolutely Atrocious for Disappointed.
I forgot it. It could be included.

User avatar
Patrick Bateman
Posts: 9095
Joined: Sat 12 Apr 2008, 4:35 pm
Contact:

Re: DREAMWORLD TOUR: set list speculation. What are PSB going to play?

#18 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Nickname wrote: Thu 20 May 2021, 2:38 pmIf it is true, they'll play "Being Boring" and "Vocal". Maybe "The Pop Kids" too.
Being Boring was a hit.

Nickname
Posts: 6501
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: DREAMWORLD TOUR: set list speculation. What are PSB going to play?

#19 Post by Nickname »

Patrick Bateman wrote: Fri 21 May 2021, 1:42 pm
Nickname wrote: Thu 20 May 2021, 2:38 pmIf it is true, they'll play "Being Boring" and "Vocal". Maybe "The Pop Kids" too.
Being Boring was a hit.
A flop.

In fact, Neil and Chris felt disappointed about that. They love the song.

Nickname
Posts: 6501
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: DREAMWORLD TOUR: set list speculation. What are PSB going to play?

#20 Post by Nickname »

By the way, if they plan to play the hits in a reverse chronological order. I love the idea of Suburbia almost at the end of the show. It's so anthemic. After I't a Sin, it could sound really fine.

User avatar
Patrick Bateman
Posts: 9095
Joined: Sat 12 Apr 2008, 4:35 pm
Contact:

Re: DREAMWORLD TOUR: set list speculation. What are PSB going to play?

#21 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Nickname wrote: Fri 21 May 2021, 3:01 pmA flop.

In fact, Neil and Chris felt disappointed about that. They love the song.
It was a top twenty hit. If they play Absolutely Fabulous (because it got to number six) rather than Being Boring, then they've lost the plot. I don't think they will though, thankfully.

domino
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat 05 Jan 2019, 10:23 pm
Contact:

Re: DREAMWORLD TOUR: set list speculation. What are PSB going to play?

#22 Post by domino »

Nickname wrote: Fri 21 May 2021, 3:01 pm
Patrick Bateman wrote: Fri 21 May 2021, 1:42 pm
Nickname wrote: Thu 20 May 2021, 2:38 pmIf it is true, they'll play "Being Boring" and "Vocal". Maybe "The Pop Kids" too.
Being Boring was a hit.
A flop.

In fact, Neil and Chris felt disappointed about that. They love the song.
And just because they love it, it will be played, you know? ;)

Nickname wrote: Fri 21 May 2021, 3:03 pm By the way, if they plan to play the hits in a reverse chronological order.
The original plan was to play the hits in reversed chronological order for each period but have the periods mixed.

So you could have, for example, the hits from Please after the hits from Bilingual. :)
A blues would be in B flat, pain defining wisdom,
but the soul is in the high hat, programmed in the system.

User avatar
tottenhammattspurs
Posts: 3578
Joined: Sat 04 Nov 2006, 6:17 pm
Contact:

Re: DREAMWORLD TOUR: set list speculation. What are PSB going to play?

#23 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Might as well bung in She's Madonna too then....
is is and isnt isnt


Nickname
Posts: 6501
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: DREAMWORLD TOUR: set list speculation. What are PSB going to play?

#25 Post by Nickname »

domino wrote: Fri 21 May 2021, 4:05 pm
Nickname wrote: Fri 21 May 2021, 3:01 pm
Patrick Bateman wrote: Fri 21 May 2021, 1:42 pm

Being Boring was a hit.
A flop.

In fact, Neil and Chris felt disappointed about that. They love the song.
And just because they love it, it will be played, you know? ;)

Nickname wrote: Fri 21 May 2021, 3:03 pm By the way, if they plan to play the hits in a reverse chronological order.
The original plan was to play the hits in reversed chronological order for each period but have the periods mixed.

So you could have, for example, the hits from Please after the hits from Bilingual. :)
It's obvious Being Boring wasn't a a hit and not for a GH tour. But of course, they can do whatevere they want.

I didn't know the plan went in that way. Could you give me any source about it?.

User avatar
Patrick Bateman
Posts: 9095
Joined: Sat 12 Apr 2008, 4:35 pm
Contact:

Re: DREAMWORLD TOUR: set list speculation. What are PSB going to play?

#26 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Nickname wrote: Fri 21 May 2021, 8:23 pm It's obvious Being Boring wasn't a a hit and not for a GH tour.
Of course it was a 'hit', you clod. Not a massive hit but it made the top twenty.

Dog
Posts: 1824
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 11:41 pm
Contact:

Re: DREAMWORLD TOUR: set list speculation. What are PSB going to play?

#27 Post by Dog »

Nickname wrote:By the way, if they plan to play the hits in a reverse chronological order. I love the idea of Suburbia almost at the end of the show. It's so anthemic. After I't a Sin, it could sound really fine.
I agree; It’s a sin (with new Olly influenced intro), Suburbia (new Stuart Price version) and West End girls (new version based on the lockdown version) would be a great triple whammy. You could even squeeze Opportunities in without losing momentum.
Woof.

Disco.
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sat 08 Oct 2011, 11:02 pm
Contact:

Re: DREAMWORLD TOUR: set list speculation. What are PSB going to play?

#28 Post by Disco. »

Patrick Bateman wrote: Fri 21 May 2021, 8:30 pm
Nickname wrote: Fri 21 May 2021, 8:23 pm It's obvious Being Boring wasn't a a hit and not for a GH tour.
Of course it was a 'hit', you clod. Not a massive hit but it made the top twenty.
And it was a big radio hit.

Dog
Posts: 1824
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 11:41 pm
Contact:

Re: DREAMWORLD TOUR: set list speculation. What are PSB going to play?

#29 Post by Dog »

Disco. wrote:
Patrick Bateman wrote: Fri 21 May 2021, 8:30 pm
Nickname wrote: Fri 21 May 2021, 8:23 pm It's obvious Being Boring wasn't a a hit and not for a GH tour.
Of course it was a 'hit', you clod. Not a massive hit but it made the top twenty.
And it was a big radio hit.
And a massive legacy hit. Whatever that means.
Woof.

User avatar
jasonjohn
Posts: 2137
Joined: Mon 27 Sep 2004, 12:10 am
Contact:

Re: DREAMWORLD TOUR: set list speculation. What are PSB going to play?

#30 Post by jasonjohn »

It was on Discography, and a sizable chunk of their audience will know that collection well.

Was thinking "Together" might be a thematic track to slip in for a "unity" tour..... but then got me thinking, why not a new track?

(although, the other "touring" track is arguably Winner. No qualms from me, I don't mind it - but, yeah).

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests