DREAMWORLD TOUR: set list speculation. Which songs are PSB going to play?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
jasonjohn

Re: DREAMWORLD TOUR: set list speculation. Which songs are PSB going to play?

#61 Post by jasonjohn »

Nickname wrote: Wed 26 May 2021, 11:19 am
jasonjohn wrote: Wed 26 May 2021, 5:30 am-
Totally agree with that. :lol:
Thanks, it's my greatest post thus far.

Nervously

#62 Post by Nervously »

Everything they have said about the tour is contradictory.

They say they have never done a "Greatest Hits" tour. That is only true if you a purist about the term, i.e. only the actual greatest hits, no exceptions, no promoting non-hits from the latest album. But they have said there WILL be exeptions and they WILL be playing stuff from the new album. Add the fact that they don't do very long concerts compared to some big artists, there isn't really room on the setlist to have their cake and eat it (i.e. have all the greatest hits but lots of other stuff as well). Ergo this looks very much like it will be no different from any of their other tours.

I'm forced to conclude it is all just marketing, however much they're trying to deny it.

jasonjohn

#63 Post by jasonjohn »

I don't know, the Electric tour was very bright and different at the time. How many older acts can spin up fresh closers like Vocal? Not too many with such conviction, I'd say.

Fundy tour similarly had a fresh vein to it

Sure there were the obvious "hits"

But how many long term acts have achieved such a depth of material, and fun album thematics, to add to their touring acts?

It's just really hard to make the gear shift into Go West on every tour, imo. Love the song, but unless it's a pointy-hats type occasion, it doesn't especially mix.

telys

#64 Post by telys »

Nervously wrote: Wed 26 May 2021, 1:07 pm Everything they have said about the tour is contradictory.

They say they have never done a "Greatest Hits" tour. That is only true if you a purist about the term, i.e. only the actual greatest hits, no exceptions, no promoting non-hits from the latest album. But they have said there WILL be exeptions and they WILL be playing stuff from the new album. Add the fact that they don't do very long concerts compared to some big artists, there isn't really room on the setlist to have their cake and eat it (i.e. have all the greatest hits but lots of other stuff as well). Ergo this looks very much like it will be no different from any of their other tours.

I'm forced to conclude it is all just marketing, however much they're trying to deny it.
Exactly what I have thought but I didn't dare to say it.
----
You've got me all wrong

Dog

#65 Post by Dog »

It is possible though for them to tick all of these boxes and still deliver something new and exciting for fans and casuals alike. There are plenty of rarely performed hits, however you define one. The hints they have dropped suggests this will be a great setlist with lots of under played gems:

Dreamland
Drunk
Hallo Spaceboy
Paninaro
Jealousy
Where the streets have no name
So hard
Losing my mind
Rent
Monkey business

Just for starters.
Woof.