PSB Digital stores delivery issues

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
jyllinge

Re: PSB Digital stores delivery issues

#46 Post by jyllinge »

MikeyC wrote: Tue 25 May 2021, 3:03 am
psbnyc wrote: Mon 24 May 2021, 11:55 pm
madsnielsen wrote: Mon 24 May 2021, 11:27 pm Anyone still waiting for Funko Pops, Discovery or Annually?

I am still waiting in Denmark even though I paid for courier delivery. :wall:

Digital Stores wrote to me two weeks ago that they were looking into it and would get back to me shortly, but they haven't contacted me yet. :down:
Still waiting here as well, and same response, and then nothing!
I received my “Annually” w/ CD today in NYC so you should be receiving yours any moment!!
Did you pay for courier or just standard?

MikeyC

#47 Post by MikeyC »

jyllinge wrote: Tue 25 May 2021, 6:06 pm
MikeyC wrote: Tue 25 May 2021, 3:03 am

I received my “Annually” w/ CD today in NYC so you should be receiving yours any moment!!
Did you pay for courier or just standard?
Just standard!

Disco.

#48 Post by Disco. »

Standard is the way to go apparently😑

stanlow
United States of America

#49 Post by stanlow »

My copy of Annually arrived yesterday in Buffalo, NY, standard shipping. Meanwhile my friend in Arizona just received his copy of Discovery this past Saturday and is still waiting for Annually.

df118junkie

#50 Post by df118junkie »

My Discovery DVD showed up today. So did my Japanese copy that had taken a full five days to get here.

Wish

#51 Post by Wish »

Wow! Could you make photos of Japanese Discovery?
Is it Japan made release or just global edition + OBI? Like it was with FL reissues?

telys

#52 Post by telys »

Got a notice in the mail the other day that my package of Annually had arrived.... to the customs... and I have to pay an additional equivalent to 13€ in tax and customs fee.
Still 13 € is a cheap price to pay for Brexit... the people of UK are suffering a lot more. I feel sorry for the people of Scotland and wish them independence and a speedy return to the EU. Btw the same goes for Northern Ireland, well I mean reunification with the rest of Ireland, if the people there decide that they want it.
And PSB should set up a continental shop, based in Germany or other EU country. The way it works now is ridiculous.
----
You've got me all wrong

oakey

#53 Post by oakey »

telys wrote: Thu 27 May 2021, 9:25 am Got a notice in the mail the other day that my package of Annually had arrived.... to the customs... and I have to pay an additional equivalent to 13€ in tax and customs fee.
Still 13 € is a cheap price to pay for Brexit... the people of UK are suffering a lot more. I feel sorry for the people of Scotland and wish them independence and a speedy return to the EU. Btw the same goes for Northern Ireland, well I mean reunification with the rest of Ireland, if the people there decide that they want it.
And PSB should set up a continental shop, based in Germany or other EU country. The way it works now is ridiculous.
Which EU country are you in? €13 is indeed cheap. In the Netherlands, the fixed fee is €12.50 and then the 21% is added to that.

This problem will solve itself as after July 1 the transitional period regarding VAT after Brexit has ended and non-EU sellers who sell products to EU citizens have to include the country of buyer’s VAT equivalent in the sales price. It means more paperwork for non-EU stores but less hassle for EU buyers. I expect many smaller stores will simply stop shipping to EU addresses, but the PSB store will not do that.

Ordered the new Duran Duran LP from their store and got the message that as this LP ships after July 1, VAT had been added to the price.

domino

#54 Post by domino »

I received my copies of Discovery in Germany yesterday. I had to pay 10,91 € extra and I'm glad that the Anually copies came without extra costs.
A blues would be in B flat, pain defining wisdom,
but the soul is in the high hat, programmed in the system.

telys

#55 Post by telys »

oakey wrote: Thu 27 May 2021, 10:34 am
telys wrote: Thu 27 May 2021, 9:25 am Got a notice in the mail the other day that my package of Annually had arrived.... to the customs... and I have to pay an additional equivalent to 13€ in tax and customs fee.
Which EU country are you in? €13 is indeed cheap. In the Netherlands, the fixed fee is €12.50 and then the 21% is added to that.

This problem will solve itself as after July 1 the transitional period regarding VAT after Brexit has ended and non-EU sellers who sell products to EU citizens have to include the country of buyer’s VAT equivalent in the sales price. It means more paperwork for non-EU stores but less hassle for EU buyers. I expect many smaller stores will simply stop shipping to EU addresses, but the PSB store will not do that.

Ordered the new Duran Duran LP from their store and got the message that as this LP ships after July 1, VAT had been added to the price.
Sweden. I dreaded that it would be above 20 € in extra fees.
Nice that things will change in the summer, then I don't have to make bitter rants anymore.
----
You've got me all wrong

df118junkie

#56 Post by df118junkie »

image0.jpeg
image0.jpeg (128.28 KiB) Viewed 459 times
image1.jpeg
image1.jpeg (126.99 KiB) Viewed 459 times
image2.jpeg
image2.jpeg (172.22 KiB) Viewed 459 times
Wish wrote: Thu 27 May 2021, 6:40 am Wow! Could you make photos of Japanese Discovery?
Is it Japan made release or just global edition + OBI? Like it was with FL reissues?

jyllinge

#57 Post by jyllinge »

madsnielsen wrote: Mon 24 May 2021, 11:27 pm Anyone still waiting for Funko Pops, Discovery or Annually?

Digital Stores wrote to me two weeks ago that they were looking into it and would get back to me shortly, but they haven't contacted me yet. :down:
Got some news - My Discovery DVD was delivered by UPS.....To the store in Daventry, UK on the 20th May. Its was apparently found at UPS in Northampton and then returned to Digitalstores. Im guessing it will be the same for annually. I use UPS all the time and have never experienced this before, not even close. Its amazingly bad, there is something spooky here.
Last edited by jyllinge on Fri 28 May 2021, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

jyllinge

#58 Post by jyllinge »

sorry double

psbnyc

#59 Post by psbnyc »

jyllinge wrote: Fri 28 May 2021, 10:17 am

Got some news - My Discovery DVD was delivered by UPS.....To the store in Daventry, UK on the 20th May. Its was apparently found at UPS in Northampton and then returned to Digitalstores. Im guessing it will be the same for annually. I use UPS all the time and have never experienced this before, not even close. Its amazingly bad, there is something spooky here.
How weird! How did you find out - did Digital Stores send you a tracking number?

DopeFiend

#60 Post by DopeFiend »

I'm always waiting. I ordered on the 1st of March at 10am, fairly early. I remember the Facebook announcement went up maybe 15 minutes before I saw it and there weren't any comments. I believe would have been one of the first to preorder.

Every day I am wondering, "what are Pet Shop Boys up to these days". I'd really like to read the Annually.
There's no excuse. How can it take upwards of 4 weeks past the release date for it to arrive. I paid extra for the fast postage. Other places will post internationally within a week, and preorders are often posted ahead of release to make up for the delivery time.