PSB Digital stores delivery issues

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
geowayne

Re: PSB Digital stores delivery issues

#91 Post by geowayne »

mhvbear wrote: Mon 07 Jun 2021, 5:28 pm I received the same response. Still waiting on my refund. I got PayPal involved because they did not respond within 48 hours as they had promised. I have received my refund for 'Discovery'.
Just curious what happened to all the copies that got returned.
Yes, I'm curious about that as well. It sounds extremely suspicious to me. If the copies they allegedly sent us were returned, then why can't they resend them to us? Something doesn't add up.

Michaela

#92 Post by Michaela »

mhvbear wrote: Mon 07 Jun 2021, 5:28 pm I received the same response. Still waiting on my refund. I got PayPal involved because they did not respond within 48 hours as they had promised.

May I ask if DS have responded to your PayPal dispute? So far they have not responded with a solid reply to mine on my PayPal account, only emailed me asking to cancel the dispute without bothering to even check why I disputed. :wall:

mhvbear

#93 Post by mhvbear »

Michaela wrote: Mon 07 Jun 2021, 6:03 pm
mhvbear wrote: Mon 07 Jun 2021, 5:28 pm I received the same response. Still waiting on my refund. I got PayPal involved because they did not respond within 48 hours as they had promised.

May I ask if DS have responded to your PayPal dispute? So far they have not responded with a solid reply to mine on my PayPal account, only emailed me asking to cancel the dispute without bothering to even check why I disputed. :wall:
I have not heard back from them since my last email. Does anyone have contact information for PSB management. I thought I would send them copies of all my email concerning the issues I have had. If they were in the US I could contact the Better Business Bureau. Does the UK have a similar group?

geowayne

#94 Post by geowayne »

mhvbear wrote: Mon 07 Jun 2021, 7:06 pm Does anyone have contact information for PSB management. I thought I would send them copies of all my email concerning the issues I have had.
The email address for their management is info@beckerbrown.com. I wrote to them this morning describing my experience and quickly received a response (probably automated) stating that, on account of the pandemic, I will probably have a longer than usual wait for a more personalized response.

Good luck!

mhvbear

#95 Post by mhvbear »

I purchased a copy on Ebay. The price was about double what the official store was charging. It was shipped last Monday and is out for delivery today. Item is still sealed. I didn't want a hole in my collection. I have all the Annually including the 1989 edition. As well as all the fan club issues. That might be where all the returned copies ended up.

psbnyc

#96 Post by psbnyc »

geowayne wrote: Mon 07 Jun 2021, 8:16 pm
mhvbear wrote: Mon 07 Jun 2021, 7:06 pm Does anyone have contact information for PSB management. I thought I would send them copies of all my email concerning the issues I have had.
The email address for their management is info@beckerbrown.com. I wrote to them this morning describing my experience and quickly received a response (probably automated) stating that, on account of the pandemic, I will probably have a longer than usual wait for a more personalized response.

Good luck!
I have been thinking seriously about writing to Becker Brown as well, Wayne, and will do it this week unless some miracle should happen. Like you, I paid for courier, and like you, I have only received standard responses and still no tracking. I'm in NYC and know that other people on the forum who also live in NY have already received their copy of Annually via standard mail.

retrofuturist

#97 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Wayne,

Keep pushing the line, don't give up. Insist that if it was delivered back to the warehouse then *your* copy exists *there*. It hasn't vanished into thin air, and you don't mind at all that they're re-sending stock that's previously been posted.

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

geowayne

#98 Post by geowayne »

retrofuturist wrote: Tue 08 Jun 2021, 12:18 am Greetings Wayne,

Keep pushing the line, don't give up. Insist that if it was delivered back to the warehouse then *your* copy exists *there*. It hasn't vanished into thin air, and you don't mind at all that they're re-sending stock that's previously been posted.

Actually, several hours after I emailed the PSB management company to complain about this situation, I received an email (just a few minutes ago) from a represented who said that he would try to obtain a replacement copy for me, but he said there were no guarantees at this point. He would do his best. So that's something, and I appreciate it. Let's see what happens next.

telys

#99 Post by telys »

geowayne wrote: Tue 08 Jun 2021, 12:51 am

Actually, several hours after I emailed the PSB management company to complain about this situation, I received an email (just a few minutes ago) from a represented who said that he would try to obtain a replacement copy for me, but he said there were no guarantees at this point. He would do his best. So that's something, and I appreciate it. Let's see what happens next.
I'm flabbergasted that Wayne doesn't have VIP access to all PSB releases.To treat geowayne like this is really sad.
----
You've got me all wrong

onzio

#100 Post by onzio »

geowayne wrote: Tue 08 Jun 2021, 12:51 am Actually, several hours after I emailed the PSB management company to complain about this situation, I received an email (just a few minutes ago) from a represented who said that he would try to obtain a replacement copy for me, but he said there were no guarantees at this point. He would do his best. So that's something, and I appreciate it. Let's see what happens next.
Looks like they've sold more copies than they should.
A sort of book's over-BOOK-ing. :mrgreen: :lol: :dance:
The Onzio on Spotify
The Onzio on YouTube
Expressing passion, explaining pain
This is my kind of music

Marie loves PSB

#101 Post by Marie loves PSB »

To be honest we are all treated shockingly over ordering anything. I am sorry to still see it going on to be honest. :down: I dread ordering from them and would boycott them if I could. They are that badly run that they should have kept a few spares in case people had problems with items. You know when we ordered It Couldn't Happen Here? Through The B.F.I? I had a dud/damaged copy and they were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. The people who run PSB store (Digital stores) are even on Trust pilot with people saying how bad they are.

oakey

#102 Post by oakey »

The big Q is of course why would an artist store like this think thay they can do as good a job as:
1) the amazons of this world who pay their employees sh^t but make sure that everthing you want is delivered to your doorstep in a few days
2) the brick and morter stores with a love of music and physical product

PSB store are neither, so please stop this direct marketing movement! The prices are bad too considering they directly sell from the warehouse to the paying customer.

Michaela

#103 Post by Michaela »

Update my side - DS refuse to help me until I cancel my Paypal dispute which by now has been escalated to a claim. If I cancel, then I can't dispute again. What are the chances they will help me if I do cancel :roll: ? And by help I mean SENDING ME what I ordered. From other posts they don't seem much help at all apart from notifying people they have had their parcel returned by the courier and stock is not available anymore.

Oh and I sent an email last Friday to info@beckerbrown address. Not heard back yet. To be honest, I don't expect to either. I just wanted to get that frustration in writing and I did. I learned my lesson... NO more.

jyllinge

#104 Post by jyllinge »

UPS just apologised and offered me to file a reimbursement claim.

I too have paid for an Ebay copy :-(

jyllinge

#105 Post by jyllinge »

Dear Wayne

Since you seem to get though to them (I wrote long ago with no response) then perhaps suggest to them that anyone who can document a loss are at least given an electronic copy (PDF) so we can read the damn thing. I will get an Ebay copy but are not happy at all to pay £80 (including shipping and import fees) and by that rewarding what is likely corruption/fraud (I guess I just bought my own copy from Ebay).

And as a risk strategy, they should ask dedicated fans to run the PSB store.