PSB Digital stores delivery issues

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
madsnielsen

Re: PSB Digital stores delivery issues

#106 Post by madsnielsen »

Just an update on the situation concerning my four undelivered courier orders from Digital Stores:

1: Neil and Chris Funko Pops
PAID £41.23 ON OCTOBER 2
ALLEGEDLY SENT APRIL 28
I'm considering buying these elsewhere when I get all my money back that Digital Stores. I hope these are still available.

2: Discovery: Live in Rio DVD
PAID £35.98 ON JANUARY 21
ALLEGEDLY SENT APRIL 28
I ordered it on amazon.co.uk a few weeks ago and received it in perfect condition a few days later.

3: Annually 2021
PAID £36.73 ON MARCH 1
ALLEGEDLY SENT MAY 6
STATUS: NOT DELIVERED - NO USEFUL INFORMATION FROM DIGITAL STORES YET
I ordered a copy on eBay on May 31 and received it in perfect condition yesterday wrapped in no less than 4 (YES FOUR) bubble envelopes. I hope the seller will function as a broker for any future exclusive products from Pet Shop Boys Store/Digital Stores as I have lost all faith in Digital Stores ability to handle international courier orders.

4: Annually 2021
PAID £36.73 ON MARCH 21
ALLEGEDLY SENT MAY 6
STATUS: NOT DELIVERED - NO USEFUL INFORMATION FROM DIGITAL STORES YET
I bought this spare copy just as a precaution in case Digital Stores messed up my first Annually 2021 order e.g. lack of protective packaging or in the event that the first order was accidentally sent using standard mail as I have experienced in the past. Where I live standard mail equals waiting for 3-4 weeks to finally receive ruined products.
Mads Nielsen
If people say I'm crazy, I tell 'em that it's true

geowayne

#107 Post by geowayne »

telys wrote: Tue 08 Jun 2021, 10:42 am
geowayne wrote: Tue 08 Jun 2021, 12:51 am
Actually, several hours after I emailed the PSB management company to complain about this situation, I received an email (just a few minutes ago) from a represented who said that he would try to obtain a replacement copy for me, but he said there were no guarantees at this point. He would do his best. So that's something, and I appreciate it. Let's see what happens next.
I'm flabbergasted that Wayne doesn't have VIP access to all PSB releases.To treat geowayne like this is really sad.
Update: The management rep contacted me again this morning to let me know that a replacement unopened copy of Annually 2021 was on its way to me. That's a wonderful turn of events, and I'm very pleased at how responsive he's been. Let's hope this copy actually reaches me! (He asked me to contact him to let him know when it arrives, which is a very good sign.)

Thanks, telys, but I don't believe I deserve any special treatment. But everyone who orders and pays for a product from anyone should receive what they order. From that perspective, we ALL deserve "special treatment."

telys

#108 Post by telys »

geowayne wrote: Wed 09 Jun 2021, 4:24 pm
telys wrote: Tue 08 Jun 2021, 10:42 am I'm flabbergasted that Wayne doesn't have VIP access to all PSB releases.To treat geowayne like this is really sad.
Thanks, telys, but I don't believe I deserve any special treatment. But everyone who orders and pays for a product from anyone should receive what they order. From that perspective, we ALL deserve "special treatment."
I thought that what you did for https://www.petshopboys.co.uk/history would warrant an extra special treatment.
----
You've got me all wrong

DopeFiend

#109 Post by DopeFiend »

I asked them for an update.
We are sorry to hear that you have not received your order which we dispatched to you on 6th May 2021. As you have chosen ‘standard’ shipping as opposed to ‘courier’ shipping, the delivery isn’t tracked.

The most common reason for non-delivery is that the postal carrier could not fit the parcel through your letterbox, in which case they should leave a note to let you know to pick it up from the depot. However, in our experience sometimes the note gets forgotten or discarded. Please check with your local postal sorting office to see if they’re holding your order for you.

If you have already checked with your local sorting office and your order is not there, as it has now been over 20 working days the package is formally considered "lost". Please reply to this message including your full delivery address and we will resend the order if stock is available. Alternatively, we can issue a credit voucher which you can use to place a new order.
So it's gone forever, but they can give me store credit. How useless!
It wouldn't be as bad if there was an alternative, such as another storefront or a digital copy of the publication. This release is the biggest thing PSB have done since... when? Probably the WΕG live stream, which was a full 12 months ago.
I have a feeling Digital Stores didn't send the items, and the sudden surplus of stock around release day was actually our undelivered orders. "Hey guys we found a bunch of leftover stock! Who wants it, it surely doesn't already belong to someone who preordered early on"

telys

#110 Post by telys »

DopeFiend wrote: Thu 10 Jun 2021, 3:40 am I asked them for an update.
We are sorry to hear that you have not received your order which we dispatched to you on 6th May 2021. As you have chosen ‘standard’ shipping as opposed to ‘courier’ shipping, the delivery isn’t tracked.

The most common reason for non-delivery is that the postal carrier could not fit the parcel through your letterbox, in which case they should leave a note to let you know to pick it up from the depot. However, in our experience sometimes the note gets forgotten or discarded. Please check with your local postal sorting office to see if they’re holding your order for you.

If you have already checked with your local sorting office and your order is not there, as it has now been over 20 working days the package is formally considered "lost". Please reply to this message including your full delivery address and we will resend the order if stock is available. Alternatively, we can issue a credit voucher which you can use to place a new order.
So it's gone forever, but they can give me store credit. How useless!
It wouldn't be as bad if there was an alternative, such as another storefront or a digital copy of the publication. This release is the biggest thing PSB have done since... when? Probably the WΕG live stream, which was a full 12 months ago.
I have a feeling Digital Stores didn't send the items, and the sudden surplus of stock around release day was actually our undelivered orders. "Hey guys we found a bunch of leftover stock! Who wants it, it surely doesn't already belong to someone who preordered early on"
Now I feel guilty. Got one of those leftover copies.
----
You've got me all wrong

retrofuturist

#111 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Digital Stores giving me the runaround in a similar way to what they're doing to DopeFiend, but I'm not going down without exhausting all possible avenues of inquiry.

:wall:

If they insist on making things this limited, then they're going to be getting a lot of pushback from dedicated fans who order on the very day the pre-order is announced, but get denied what they ordered. If this was the first time, I'd probably be more forgiving but Annually is an ordeal virtually every time.

I will say this though... even though the automatons in the front-line Customer Service are a pain, anyone you might happen to escalate the matter to has thus far been very professional, candid, kind, transparent and as helpful as anyone could reasonably expect. The difference is like night and day.

Retro. :)

Boring90

#112 Post by Boring90 »

I paid via courier service on the first day of pre-ordering and despite two emails sent, they still can't provide me with a tracking number!
Las Vegas 1999

Michaela

#113 Post by Michaela »

retrofuturist wrote: Thu 10 Jun 2021, 12:00 pm
I will say this though... even though the automatons in the front-line Customer Service are a pain, anyone you might happen to escalate the matter to has thus far been very professional, candid, kind, transparent and as helpful as anyone could reasonably expect. The difference is like night and day.

Retro. :)

Hi Retro, I tried to think about what you wrote and I'm glad that you've found others to be all the above (not sure who "others" are though?), but I still wonder why do any of us who ordered then didn't receive the orders (and not even a tracking link!!) and had to chase CS, need to give any compliments at all?
This is a simple procedure of ordering from a link on a web-store, money is taken (well mine was on Mon, 1 Mar, 10:04GMT) and then it all gets X Files mysterious and we never receive the goods. I personally didn't find anyone at this process transparent, candid, kind etc - on the contrary - nothing was done to sort my issue, apart from PayPal CS who tried to help me and are absolute stars. When I emailed DS asking for a tracking link (no tracking number given still), then emailed again with same request plus an option of providing me with a refund or resending items - CS chose not to respond to the dispute (actually they were asking me to cancel it!), leaving me no choice but to proceed with it (for the first time ever) on PayPal. If a tracking number was provided, I'd be happy to speak with UPS here, and if it was them who lost the goods, then I'd file a complaint/claim with them. However when I looked at Trust Pilot I understood what I pillock I was ordering in the first place. I never thought I'd be that frustrated but I am. :cry:

ed4ad
Belgium

#114 Post by ed4ad »

Hi guy and girls

I'm a fan since 1984. I have the Annually 2017 to 2020... but that wil probably the last one :( :( :(

I'd like to tell my story with Digital Stores, which will sound very familiar.

I bought the Annualy book on March 1st: price 24,00€ + 17,92€ registred P+P
On May 6th I I got an email that the package was dispathed, but no tracking code was included.
Within the hour I sent an email asking for the tracking code.

Three days later I got an email it was sent standard delivery. In the nex email they ware investigating what went wrong in the warehouse and I should be patient. In the next email they blamed Brexit. According tothe email of June 1st the package was sent tracked but "there was an ongoing issue with your tracking reference".

Yesterday I received, without asking, a refund for the P+P.... Sorry I don't want a refund of the P+P.

I WANT THE BOOK ANNUALY!!!!!

So I opened a dispute with Paypal to get the whole amount back. D.S. made a mistake so they need the pay me the whole amount back.

Why are DS so eager to resell the copies that are for some reasons sent back, not paid, ... when they know that in the coming days/weeks there will be problems with deliveries???

P.S.: due to the fact that the value of the book is 24,00€ (and not 22,00€ or less) I will have to pay an extra of 35,18€ in fines, administration costs,... to the Belgian Post/state as a result of Brexit!!!!!

I am not very eager to buy anything again from the U.K. (see reason above).

Will the pet shop boys take this into account if they want to keep their fans/clients on the european mainland?

They can do the same thing as some British labels (Bella Union, Play It Again Sam) by having a store/warehouse on the mainland.
Last edited by ed4ad on Fri 11 Jun 2021, 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Andie

#115 Post by Andie »

So! Has anyone in Australia, who ordered Annually this year, actually received it???????
Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars

leesmapman

#116 Post by leesmapman »

Wow, I got an email from Digital Stores after I filed a dispute with Paypal
We have been informed by our payment company that you have charged back this order.

Please cancel the dispute with PayPal / your payment card provider and let us know once this has been done

Kind Regards
[...]
Digital Stores Customer Services

Nervous Boy
Australia

#117 Post by Nervous Boy »

Andie wrote: Fri 11 Jun 2021, 10:59 am So! Has anyone in Australia, who ordered Annually this year, actually received it???????
I am also in Australia (Melbourne) and I am also still waiting.

I am hoping it is just the very slow mail service.

TotallyPSB

#118 Post by TotallyPSB »

I ordered mine on 1/3/21
Email received on 6th May advising it was in it's way
11/6- still waiting.
So Nervous Boy, same here in Sydney. Waiting.

df118junkie

#119 Post by df118junkie »

I just got my replacement copy via UPS courier.

Andie

#120 Post by Andie »

Nervous Boy wrote: Fri 11 Jun 2021, 2:47 pm
Andie wrote: Fri 11 Jun 2021, 10:59 am So! Has anyone in Australia, who ordered Annually this year, actually received it???????
I am also in Australia (Melbourne) and I am also still waiting.

I am hoping it is just the very slow mail service.
I'm in Melbourne too. My copy last year took 4 weeks. I think it's just the slow mail service. As long as it gets to Australia, we should be right. :pray:
Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars