Neil is a guest on this week’s Bigmouth Podcast

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
vincenzosz

Re: Neil is a guest on this week’s Bigmouth Podcast

#16 Post by vincenzosz »

DopeFiend wrote: Sat 01 May 2021, 1:30 pm Ooo thanks for sharing. This is why I love checking this forum, you don't miss anything.

Here's the goss;

Written tonnes of songs
Written "a sort of theatre piece"
Remixed Paul Weller (Chris did it, Neil sung some vocals on it)
-Kind of a symphonic remix, in 3 movements. It lasts for 12 and a half minutes. (3 different versions all linked together and Neil sings on it) It's quite banging.

In lockdown Chris has written a lot of stuff, despite him and Neil not formalising a routine.
West End girls Lockdown Version vocals recorded on Neil's phone.

Less significant:
Neil has explored the countryside around his house, done a lot of walking, a lot of reading.
At start of lockdown got into Hollywood film noir from the 40s/early 50s. Likes seeing what life was like back then.
Neil came up with a tune for a song in his sleep, but later realised it was from Phantom Of The Opera so it was deleted.
Also, Neil said he’s done some programming. Is that not significant? I’m genuinely asking. 🤔

Dog

#17 Post by Dog »

vincenzosz wrote:
DopeFiend wrote: Sat 01 May 2021, 1:30 pm Ooo thanks for sharing. This is why I love checking this forum, you don't miss anything.

Here's the goss;

Written tonnes of songs
-Kind of a symphonic remix, in 3 movements. It lasts for 12 and a half minutes. (3 different versions all linked together and Neil sings on it) It's quite banging.

In lockdown Chris has written a lot of stuff, despite him and Neil not formalising a routine.

Less significant:
Neil has explored the countryside around his house, done a lot of walking, a lot of reading.
At start of lockdown got into Hollywood film noir from the 40s/early 50s. Likes seeing what life was like back then.
Neil came up with a tune for a song in his sleep, but later realised it was from Phantom Of The Opera so it was deleted.
Also, Neil said he’s done some programming. Is that not significant? I’m genuinely asking. Image
Give it was only on GarageBand, which is pretty rudimentary, probably not.
Woof.

Spittingcat

#18 Post by Spittingcat »

A good listen this, thanks.

DopeFiend

#19 Post by DopeFiend »

vincenzosz wrote: Sun 02 May 2021, 7:56 am

Here's the goss;

Written tonnes of songs

Less significant:
Also, Neil said he’s done some programming. Is that not significant? I’m genuinely asking. 🤔
To be honest I didn't get that bit. To me it sounded like Neil's saying he did programming for West End girls but clearly Chris is playing the music. You think he means he's creating instrumentals for other songs?