Live In Roskilde - Now also on Vinyl

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
retrofuturist

Live In Roskilde - Now also on Vinyl

#1 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

I don't recall seeing this mentioned previously but it appears that the set from the Live In Roskilde DVD is now also available on Vinyl LP and has been since 2020. Pics and tracklist in the Discogs link...

https://www.discogs.com/Pet-Shop-Boys-L ... e/15739608

If this is old news, feel free to delete.

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

It can be two things

Re: Live In Roskilde - Now also on Vinyl

#2 Post by It can be two things »

Most of the other releases on that label are unofficial - it would not come as a surprise if this were also a bootleg.

leesmapman

#3 Post by leesmapman »

I have the bluray which is not official at all. They used the HD stream and slightly zoomed in so that you couldn't see the TV logo.

oakey

#4 Post by oakey »

leesmapman wrote: Fri 30 Apr 2021, 5:54 pm I have the bluray which is not official at all. They used the HD stream and slightly zoomed in so that you couldn't see the TV logo.
Have the bluray too but it suffers from continuous hicups in the video making it unpleasant to watch. Probably due to some conversion.

Oznerol

#5 Post by Oznerol »

For sure this are not EMI/Parlophone/X2 releases, but the companies who made them are paying some kind of royalties to somebody for sure. The vinyl was pressed on the same plant as all the official Argentinean releases of other artists are being pressed on this days (even the recent Argentinean Behaviour re-release). This was also already released on DVD, Bluray and Vinyl formats during the last years...varied forms and in different countries like Argentina, Brazil & Mexico.
It´s not a bootleg...and I´m not sure if labeling them as "unnofficial" is also crrect here. It´s in a grey zone... where for some legal reason the rights of this material seems to be on the hands of other people than the usual record label and the artist.
This is not my signature.

retrofuturist

#6 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Oznerol,

Do you own it? The pictures and ratings on Discogs look alright, but I'd be interested to hear any Pethead thoughts on how it looks and sounds etc.

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)