Neil and Chris - Alcohol

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
retrofuturist

Re: Neil and Chris - Alcohol

#31 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings telys,

I'm sorry for the unwarranted indecency of some of the replies you're getting here.

As for your question, I don't have a strong opinion other than to suggest that "strong sedatives/sleeping pills on transcontinental flights" is probably a good idea, practically speaking, if the alternative is going to be sleeplessness and struggling to adapt to shifting timezones.

As with anything though, once it becomes a crutch, it's a problem - once it becomes a dependency or an addition, it's a big problem. If either were prone to addiction then it would make sense to schedule tours with less intense timezone transitions.

Retro. :)
Last edited by retrofuturist on Fri 07 May 2021, 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

NotInvisible

#32 Post by NotInvisible »

retrofuturist wrote: Thu 06 May 2021, 11:24 pmI'm sorry for the unwarranted indecency of some of the replies you're getting here.
His comments - and the vile insinuations they imply about Neil and Chris - are the only indecent thing here. The safe space for not being called out on one's idiocy left the building with Trump.

Sebastian_Surfleet

#33 Post by Sebastian_Surfleet »

telys wrote: Wed 05 May 2021, 2:23 pm There's a lot of drinking on their early tours. Just because it's champagne and white wine doesn't make it different. Chris talks in the Discovery DVD booklet about drinking alcohol during the concert, not just before or after.
And they take strong sedatives/sleeping pills on transcontinental flights (described in Literally).
Not any good signs at all. But they're still here, still with us, still prolific, still on stage somaybe things got better.
None of this is indicative of alcoholism.

I must ask, where are you from? Your description of their rather tame drinking habits carries an air of incredulousness to it that suggests you live somewhere where drinking is frowned upon.

There is really nothing at all noteworthy about artists drinking during concerts. Indeed, most of them do before or during shows. It calms nerves and lower inhibitions which generally improve one's performance.

And many, many people take sedatives on long flights. I am not certain how or why this is being used as proof of a substance abuse problem.

Medically speaking, do you know how much real alcoholics drink? And how often?

Future Lover

#34 Post by Future Lover »

The number of terrible topics started by this person rivals Nickname's ambitions to do so!

TallThinMan

#35 Post by TallThinMan »

Wait until telys gets to the 1986 diary in Annually 2021. They’re out drinking every night!
TIERGARTEN's debut album BREAKING POINT is out now: https://linktr.ee/tiergartenmusic

telys

#36 Post by telys »

TallThinMan wrote: Sat 08 May 2021, 11:46 am Wait until telys gets to the 1986 diary in Annually 2021. They’re out drinking every night!
Annually is on its way to my mailbox. Oh boy, I'm gonna have a field day! I'm going to celebrate with a glass of water.
----
You've got me all wrong