The first to be rickrolled - PSB vs Astley (and their revenge)

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
telys

The first to be rickrolled - PSB vs Astley (and their revenge)

#1 Post by telys »

I dawned on me that PSB were the very first to be rickrolled. All the way back at the end of summer 1987 when What have I done to deserve this? would become nr 1 on the UK singles chart but then came Never gonna give you up...

Then came the revenge in the epic battle for christmas nr 1 in 1987 where PSB beat Astley.

I remember I really liked Never gonna give you up... just like everyone else. I think my brother even bought Astley's two first albums.
----
You've got me all wrong

Nickname

Re: The first to be rickrolled - PSB vs Astley (and their revenge)

#2 Post by Nickname »

telys wrote: Sun 18 Apr 2021, 10:21 pm I dawned on me that PSB were the very first to be rickrolled. All the way back at the end of summer 1987 when What have I done to deserve this? would become nr 1 on the UK singles chart but then came Never gonna give you up...

Then came the revenge in the epic battle for christmas nr 1 in 1987 where PSB beat Astley.

I remember I really liked Never gonna give you up... just like everyone else. I think my brother even bought Astley's two first albums.
Rick Astley is the first name that comes to my mind talking about my love for pop music. I mean, I liked pop music before (ex: MJ's Thriller) but when you are a teenager, it grows up into another level. I have the Whenever You Need Somebody album on cassette and my favourite song was the one that gave title to the album (and the music video too).

Sandy Shaw

Re: The first to be rickrolled - PSB vs Astley (and their revenge)

#3 Post by Sandy Shaw »

Happy days for me as worked in a record shop where we blasted out plenty of PSB and Rick Astley!
What's for supper?