Will UNITY TOUR be delayed or canceled?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

Will UNITY TOUR be delayed or canceled?

Neither
21%
Delayed
53%
Canceled
15%
I can’t possibly know
12%

Total votes: 34

jasonjohn

Re: Will UNITY TOUR be delayed or canceled?

#16 Post by jasonjohn »

Might be alone here, but with India collapsing, strange new strains emerging, vaccine effectiveness yet to be determined long term -- would be odd to see them push ahead with this so quickly.

psbfannyc

#17 Post by psbfannyc »

In this recent "Bigmouth" podcast from 1 May 2021 that Neil spoke on (https://www.petshopboys.co.uk/pet-texts ... 1/bigmouth), after having been asked about the pandemic delays in the 2020 to 2021 to 2022 touring schedules, Neil admits starting at timestamp 01:47 he is not sure at this point what will happen to the "Unity Tour" of "New Pet Order Shop Boys" in North America that is supposed to start in Toronto on 18 September 2021 and then proceed to the USA.

https://play.acast.com/s/bigmouth/fifth ... etshopboys

ChoonHound

#18 Post by ChoonHound »

I would say he glosses over it, more than makes an admission
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

Gabby

#19 Post by Gabby »

One week on and my feelings remain unchanged. I cant see this happening in Canada. Perhaps they think they can make a go of it for the US dates which is why Neil was less than committed to answering questions about it. Also consider they might still be finalizing rescheduling so he can't really speak to it.

So much for the two bands to consider.

A guy on Facebook I saw today just bought tickets for Vancouver. I'm a little surprised anyone would buy tickets right now with so much uncertainty, but each to their own I guess.

Dog

#20 Post by Dog »

From what Neil says on the podcast it sounds like Unity will be postponed again, but they’re not at a point where they can officially announce that yet:

“They [both the Dreamworld and Unity tours] got put back and then put back ag... erm, or the, most of it's been put back again next year, I’m not sure it’s happening it’s America.”
Woof.

TheGardner

#21 Post by TheGardner »

IF they will postphone it again, so it might be around 6 months later. In the end I see Dreamworld happen somewhere between 2022/23. And it will happen in as much countries/venues as the promoters will get. I think it would be their last tour and they will quit their "worldwide live appearance" job then.

ChoonHound

#22 Post by ChoonHound »

I doubt it will be their last tour. Their last tour will be promoted as such.

Sebastian_Surfleet

#23 Post by Sebastian_Surfleet »

Dog wrote: Mon 03 May 2021, 7:49 am From what Neil says on the podcast it sounds like Unity will be postponed again, but they’re not at a point where they can officially announce that yet:

“They [both the Dreamworld and Unity tours] got put back and then put back ag... erm, or the, most of it's been put back again next year, I’m not sure it’s happening it’s America.”
Much of America is opening up. Or is fully open.

Vaccine distribution in the cities where they are going to play are well advanced.

By the autumn the US will be completely open.

There will be little reason to cancel right now as things are on pace to allow for concerts.

That could change though and perhaps that is why he is being cautious.

Gabby

#24 Post by Gabby »

Sebastian_Surfleet wrote: Sat 08 May 2021, 2:12 am
Dog wrote: Mon 03 May 2021, 7:49 am From what Neil says on the podcast it sounds like Unity will be postponed again, but they’re not at a point where they can officially announce that yet:

Vaccine distribution in the cities where they are going to play are well advanced.

There will be little reason to cancel right now as things are on pace to allow for concerts.

USA, yes. Canada not so much. Would they drop those dates and just tour USA?

Still think logistically its a nightmare right now. My money is on a postponement or cancelation still, sadly.

Sebastian_Surfleet

#25 Post by Sebastian_Surfleet »

Gabby wrote: Sat 08 May 2021, 3:52 am
Sebastian_Surfleet wrote: Sat 08 May 2021, 2:12 am

USA, yes. Canada not so much. Would they drop those dates and just tour USA?

Still think logistically its a nightmare right now. My money is on a postponement or cancelation still, sadly.
I think they would just tour the US.

I think there are two dates in Canada? And 11 in the US.

I think it might be doable, though it would suck for our Canadian friends for sure.

Gabby

#26 Post by Gabby »

ChoonHound

#27 Post by ChoonHound »

Not sounding good.

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/hol ... 234970479/

Only a few of what the Bowl calls “lease shows” are currently on the books, versus the usually super-busy lineup of concerts not booked by the LA Phil — and as of now they’re only happening after the summer season officially wraps up. Those outside shows from Live Nation-Hewitt Silva are Daryl Hall and John Oates (Oct. 1), Alanis Morissette, Liz Phair and Garbage (Oct. 5) and Andrea Bocelli (Oct. 24). These shows were postponed from earlier in the summer after already having been postponed from 2020.

psbfannyc

#28 Post by psbfannyc »

Luke Colorado wrote: Tue 11 May 2021, 7:31 pm Not sounding good.

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/hol ... 234970479/

Only a few of what the Bowl calls “lease shows” are currently on the books, versus the usually super-busy lineup of concerts not booked by the LA Phil — and as of now they’re only happening after the summer season officially wraps up. Those outside shows from Live Nation-Hewitt Silva are Daryl Hall and John Oates (Oct. 1), Alanis Morissette, Liz Phair and Garbage (Oct. 5) and Andrea Bocelli (Oct. 24). These shows were postponed from earlier in the summer after already having been postponed from 2020.
"The Bowl is being described as “a majority vaccinated venue” for this summer, with exceptions allowed in “two sections reserved for non-vaccinated audience members with proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours prior to attendance. Mask wearing will be required for all attendees.” The Bowl’s statement added that the venue “will continue to receive public health guidelines from Los Angeles County” and that protocols could change “as policies evolve over the summer.”

:(

ElectriCity

#29 Post by ElectriCity »

Maybe it will be canceled by the lack of performers

https://www.americasfrontlinedoctors.or ... 46b2bba636

ChoonHound

#30 Post by ChoonHound »

Don’t spread this inane bullshit please.