Will UNITY TOUR be delayed or canceled?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

Will UNITY TOUR be delayed or canceled?

Neither
19%
Delayed
55%
Canceled
16%
I can’t possibly know
10%

Total votes: 31

Dog

Re: Will UNITY TOUR be delayed or canceled?

#46 Post by Dog »

rashomon wrote:I’m hoping the boys make a decision soon one way or the other

… if it goes ahead I’d like to lock in some flights and accommodation before prices go north
I would imagine any decision will be massively out of their hands and will come down to their insurance / their promoter / their management. Given the same will go for New Order I’m sure it’ll be complex. Wherever it ends up hopefully they won’t be out of pocket as a result.
Woof.

Luke Colorado

#47 Post by Luke Colorado »

The US venues will be open. That I can promise you. Unless there is a massive third wave here, yada, yada. The issue is capacity. Capacity, capacity, capacity.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

psbnyc

#48 Post by psbnyc »

https://www.petshopboys.co.uk/news/2021 ... escheduled

Rescheduled, extra date added for NYC :-)

bongsteve

#49 Post by bongsteve »

Bummer, but pretty much assumed it was coming. Order has shifted a bit as well with San Fran now coming after Hollywood shows.

Due to continuing uncertainty caused by the Covid pandemic, Pet Shop Boys and New Order unfortunately have to announce that their much-anticipated Unity Tour of North America, scheduled to start September 2021, will be moving to next year. The tour is being rescheduled to commence September 2022. Complete date listing below.

There are two venue changes. The Unity Tour has added an extra show at Brooklyn Barclays Center and has moved the show from The Gorge Amphitheatre to the Seattle Climate Pledge Arena. Both shows go on sale this Friday, June 4 at 10am local time. Tickets for all original dates will remain valid for the new dates.

PSB and New Order are also pleased to welcome special guest DJ Paul Oakenfold to the tour.

Thank you for your understanding. Stay safe, and we look forward to seeing you in 2022.

17 Sep – Toronto, ON – Budweiser Stage
19 Sep – Boston, MA – Leader Bank Pavilion
21 Sep – Columbia, MD – Merriweather Post Pavilion
23 Sep – Brooklyn, NY – Barclays Center
25 Sep – Philadelphia, PA – TD Pavilion at the Mann
28 Sep – New York, NY – Madison Square Garden
30 Sep – Chicago, IL – Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island
2 Oct – Minneapolis, MN – The Armory
7 Oct – Los Angeles, CA – Hollywood Bowl
8 Oct – Los Angeles, CA – Hollywood Bowl
12 Oct – San Francisco, CA – Chase Center
14 Oct – Seattle, WA – Climate Pledge Arena
16 Oct – Vancouver, BC – Rogers Arena

rashomon

#50 Post by rashomon »

Whooop! ... SO HAPPY this has been postponed and not cancelled :dance:

I was literally looking to book some travel and hotel for this year's date when you posted bongsteve!. Will simply lock in something for next year now.

To be honest, this year has flown so fast that next September is not too long to wait

... plus can look optimistically towards packed venues with no masks and now can make a proper trip out of it.
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

Gabby

#51 Post by Gabby »

rashomon wrote: Tue 01 Jun 2021, 5:15 pm Whooop! ... SO HAPPY this has been postponed and not cancelled :dance:

I was literally looking to book some travel and hotel for this year's date when you posted bongsteve!. Will simply lock in something for next year now.

To be honest, this year has flown so fast that next September is not too long to wait

... plus can look optimistically towards packed venues with no masks and now can make a proper trip out of it.
Yesssss. So happy it's been pushed back another year. I think for everyone's sakes this was the smartest decision. :clap:

Get in! :dance:

Oznerol

#52 Post by Oznerol »

rashomon wrote: Tue 01 Jun 2021, 5:15 pm Whooop! ... SO HAPPY this has been postponed and not cancelled :dance:

Exactly the same situation and thoughts here!
This is not my signature.

bongsteve

#53 Post by bongsteve »

Yeah, assuming conditions continue to improve, this will very likely make for a much better experience.

rashomon

#54 Post by rashomon »

So NY people (or anyone that knows)... I'm wondering If I should try for the 23/Sep gig at the Barclays Center, Brooklyn and then return my MSG seats.

Does anyone have a view on what the venue is like in comparison to MSG for concerts?

The Brooklyn gig is on a Friday night which suits me better travel wise but at the same time it looks like New Order are headlining that gig and come on second ... whereas for MSG it looks like PSB are headlining.

decisions decisions!

Oh and does anyone have a pre-sale code in case? :)
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

Luke Colorado

#55 Post by Luke Colorado »

Good news all round. I anticipate hearing some Perfeco mixes.

Oznerol

#56 Post by Oznerol »

Oakenfold never mixed PSB..am I right?? He did New Order though...
This is not my signature.

Luke Colorado

#57 Post by Luke Colorado »

Yeah, World and True Faith

Choliux

#58 Post by Choliux »

Something doesn’t make sense. Every other band seems to be announcing shows in the US in September both indoors and outdoors. Gary Numan just announced dates. There seems to be clear data at least in the US that vaccines are working. Are PSB being too conservative? Or are there business/financial reasons at play?

Luke Colorado

#59 Post by Luke Colorado »

Are these shows at 100% capacity?

Synclavier

#60 Post by Synclavier »

Choliux wrote: Wed 02 Jun 2021, 12:34 am Something doesn’t make sense. Every other band seems to be announcing shows in the US in September both indoors and outdoors. Gary Numan just announced dates. There seems to be clear data at least in the US that vaccines are working. Are PSB being too conservative? Or are there business/financial reasons at play?
https://www.laweekly.com/hollywood-bowl ... ts-return/

Since they'll be playing two shows at the Bowl...

It says that "as of this writing, the last scheduled bowl concert will be Tuesday, Sept. 28". So, we can rightly assume that the regulations mentioned in the article would've applied to the Unity Tour had it taken place this year. In short: the venue will run at 67% of its full capacity, mask regulations will still be enforced, and most of the venue's seating will go to vaccinated people, with non-vaccinated individuals required to prove they're negative.

Based on this information (and this is just one venue!), I think they made the right decision. It still sounds like a rather far cry from a proper concert, one without all the masks and limitations, negative Covid-19 tests, sections dedicated to the non-vaccinated...