Will UNITY TOUR be delayed or canceled?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

Will UNITY TOUR be delayed or canceled?

Neither
19%
Delayed
55%
Canceled
16%
I can’t possibly know
10%

Total votes: 31

NotInvisible

Re: Will UNITY TOUR be delayed or canceled?

#31 Post by NotInvisible »

ElectriCity wrote: Sun 16 May 2021, 2:39 pm Maybe it will be canceled by the lack of performers

https://www.americasfrontlinedoctors.or ... 46b2bba636
The same site promoted hydroxychloroquine to the nimrods who read it. No actual doctors in sight...

Gabby

#32 Post by Gabby »

Ontario (Toronto) update for Unity Tour:

All public outdoor summer festivals in Toronto have been cancelled this year through to end of August. Budweiser Stage is a semi-outdoor venue, but is private, so what that means I am not sure....plus concert is scheduled for mid-Sept. Bud Stage also has concerts still scheduled in the months up to Sept (Randy Bachman, Jul 5 seems to be the earliest - everything prior is now cancelled/postponed, and a few in July also cancelled too), so worth watching to see how those pan out.

Vaccine rollout has (mysteriously) improved despite AZ being taken off the shelves. 18+ are eligible as of today to get a vaccine. Kids 12 and up can get a vaccine at the end of May onwards. I got my 1st dose just over a week ago. Feeling good, and no nanobots shedding off me :lol:

Premier Doug Ford wants a "2 dose summer" but I think that's a stretch. Calls for getting people their second vaccines sooner are getting louder.

Stay at Home order was extended to June 2 - it might get extended again by a couple of weeks.

No news from the PSB or NO camp other than they mysterious tweet from NO a week ago.

What gives Neil/Chris/Bernard?

rashomon

#33 Post by rashomon »

I managed to rupture my Achilles’ tendon on Sunday during a game of football

I have the New York Sep 22 date as motivation to get fully fit ...

I think North America is getting a handle on this and I’m now more optimistic it will happen this year.

... as long as I can fly from the UK
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

Luke Colorado

#34 Post by Luke Colorado »

Remember, it’s not just about venues being OPEN, they have to be open at the exact same CAPACITY as they were in 2019 when the seats were sold. That’s a big if, to me.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

Gabby

#35 Post by Gabby »

Boom - and there goes Bilbao too. Unity is all that remains for this year - I still say it'll be postponed. They're just getting their ducks in a row.

glennjridge

#36 Post by glennjridge »

Where I live they just told us employees we dont have to wear a mask at work. you'd think people would be beside themselves with joy yet, everyone is still wearing one...this bodes kind of bad for concerts IMO. even though vaccinated, people still are uneasy.

retrofuturist

#37 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Glenn,
glennjridge wrote: Thu 20 May 2021, 6:39 am Where I live they just told us employees we dont have to wear a mask at work. you'd think people would be beside themselves with joy yet, everyone is still wearing one...this bodes kind of bad for concerts IMO. even though vaccinated, people still are uneasy.
I saw a poll somewhere recently that showed that the vaccinated are more anxious about COVID than the unvaccinated... even though they've been vaccinated.

What you've witnessed probably signifies a similar psychology, and yes, I agree... it doesn't bode well for concerts etc.

Retro. :)

boyjohn

#38 Post by boyjohn »

retrofuturist wrote: Thu 20 May 2021, 9:06 am Greetings Glenn,
glennjridge wrote: Thu 20 May 2021, 6:39 am Where I live they just told us employees we dont have to wear a mask at work. you'd think people would be beside themselves with joy yet, everyone is still wearing one...this bodes kind of bad for concerts IMO. even though vaccinated, people still are uneasy.
I saw a poll somewhere recently that showed that the vaccinated are more anxious about COVID than the unvaccinated... even though they've been vaccinated.

What you've witnessed probably signifies a similar psychology, and yes, I agree... it doesn't bode well for concerts etc.

Retro. :)
Yes, there is a correlation between the people who can't wait to take off the masks (or who fought against wearing them) and the people who don't want to get vaccinated. In other words, idiots.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

Luke Colorado

#39 Post by Luke Colorado »

I’ve been fully vaxed for a while and I could maybe see myself going to an outdoor venue, maybe, but no way am I going to a place like MSG. No way.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

Gabby

#40 Post by Gabby »

Canada (Ontario) update.

Our Province's premier has a 3 step plan (which is actually 4 steps, but I don't think numbers is his forte!) to reopening. It would take us through to roughly the end of July to anything remotely looking like "normal".

I'm pessimistic. We've failed and been failed at ever possible time we could have made this go away. As per Luke Colorado, I'm not sure, even vaxxed if I'd be comfortable at a large concert venue.

glennjridge

#41 Post by glennjridge »

I am fully vaccinated, and I do trust the science....its just that I feel we are just about out of the tunnel and theres a sense of not wanting to push it too early. I think its not just the vaccine we need for total normality...its effective treatments... and I hear there is some early at least, good news out of Australia,

Queensland researchers and a US team have developed an antiviral therapy that has killed off the COVID-19 viral load in infected mice by 99.9 per cent.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-17/ ... /100144370

Krakatoa

#42 Post by Krakatoa »

Several years ago, I had tickets to a PSB concert at the Hollywood Bowl... it was cancelled (I believe due to lackluster sales / promoter issues). I'm actually glad that happened... the Boys deserve to be completely worshipped / appreciated.

Now I have a box for the Unity show at the Bowl, I actually hope that PSB and New Order postpone until 2022. We've waited this long, would rather have a fantastic, banging, over the top show than something slap-dash and cobbled together.

Kevinsane

#43 Post by Kevinsane »

Gabby wrote: Fri 21 May 2021, 11:12 pm Canada (Ontario) update.

Our Province's premier has a 3 step plan (which is actually 4 steps, but I don't think numbers is his forte!) to reopening. It would take us through to roughly the end of July to anything remotely looking like "normal".

I'm pessimistic. We've failed and been failed at ever possible time we could have made this go away. As per Luke Colorado, I'm not sure, even vaxxed if I'd be comfortable at a large concert venue.
My wife and i both contracted Covid. We live in northern BC.
Pretty much everything has to go perfectly for the Oct 7 date in Vancouver to come to fruition.
I’m guardedly optimistic, but there are still too many stupid people doing stupid things for me to think it’s 100% on.

Gabby

#44 Post by Gabby »

Kevinsane wrote: Wed 26 May 2021, 11:21 pm
Gabby wrote: Fri 21 May 2021, 11:12 pm Canada (Ontario) update.

My wife and i both contracted Covid. We live in northern BC.
Pretty much everything has to go perfectly for the Oct 7 date in Vancouver to come to fruition.
I’m guardedly optimistic, but there are still too many stupid people doing stupid things for me to think it’s 100% on.
Sorry to hear that - I hope you are recovered/recovering well.

That's sort of how I feel about the Toronto gig. The stars would really need to align I think, and we're on a knife edge right now on which way things could go. Summer is nearly upon us, the weather's been great, and everyone's attitude has changed about being out and about now, and not for the better.

I'm a bit surprised we've heard nothing from NO/PSB and we're nearly into June. It's likely a really complex situation for them, and I still find that mysterious NO tweet baffling. It really felt like a declaration of some news to come, and yet....crickets.

rashomon

#45 Post by rashomon »

I’m hoping the boys make a decision soon one way or the other

… if it goes ahead I’d like to lock in some flights and accommodation before prices go north
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional