Greatest PSB hits according to YouTube

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
jasonjohn

Re: Greatest PSB hits according to YouTube

#16 Post by jasonjohn »

Not surprised to see Yes representing quite well, even if the forum might favour the later dance-mix-focused stuff.

Sebastian_Surfleet

#17 Post by Sebastian_Surfleet »

Many of the post-Very videos through to Yes were not available to see in the US until only a few years ago.

May explain some of the numbers.

PSBForTheMasses

#18 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

Nickname wrote: Wed 07 Apr 2021, 12:02 pm Always on my Mind didn't have a proper video on Youtube for a long time. It was difficult to find it. So that's why Always on my mind has so few views. I think it's the most famous track in PSB career with West End Girls, even more famous than It's a Sin and the rest of their songs.
Heart video was without music (I mean the sound was muted) for at least two or three years. Parlophone was a little bit sloppy when it came to PSB videos.

Markpro

#19 Post by Markpro »

Those figures must be wrong, i must have watched Left To My Own Devices over 100 million times on youtube all by myself, no way does New York City Boy beat it.
I've been a Teenager since before you were born.

Nickname

#20 Post by Nickname »

Markpro wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021, 5:50 pm Those figures must be wrong, i must have watched Left To My Own Devices over 100 million times on youtube all by myself, no way does New York City Boy beat it.
Many people watch the full version of the TH concert.

PSBForTheMasses

#21 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

Markpro wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021, 5:50 pm Those figures must be wrong, i must have watched Left To My Own Devices over 100 million times on youtube all by myself, no way does New York City Boy beat it.
Latin America countries love New York city boy more than us so it is not that surprising; they are so crowded :D

Markpro

#22 Post by Markpro »

Must admit the Trevor Horn concert version is possibly the greatest live performance i have ever seen, no wonder it gets more views.
I've been a Teenager since before you were born.

jasonjohn

#23 Post by jasonjohn »

Concrete was amazing for solidifying some songs. Integral did well too.

JJ Naas

#24 Post by JJ Naas »

jasonjohn wrote: Tue 13 Apr 2021, 1:14 pm Concrete was amazing for solidifying some songs. Integral did well too.
True. I like the Concrete version of Nothing Has Been Proved more than any other version. Both the demo and the Highlights -versions were a bit.. thin.

lucienchardon

#25 Post by lucienchardon »

Sebastian_Surfleet wrote: Fri 09 Apr 2021, 8:18 am Many of the post-Very videos through to Yes were not available to see in the US until only a few years ago.

May explain some of the numbers.
True. It's not a perfectly fair comparison since not all the videos have been available for the same amount of time in every country. The official video of It's A Sin was not available in the US for a long time. Instead, they had the live version from Cubism as the official video until a couple of years ago. The official video of It's a sin just passed 100 million views and would probably have more views than West End girls if it had been available here from the same year.

Lleonard Pler

#26 Post by Lleonard Pler »

Given that Rent would be at number 14 with its 6,4 million views, a GH including from West End Girls up to Leaving would make a nice tracklist.

I guess that videos from Yes era were benefited from being on Youtube since day one, unlike Fundamental era.

PSBForTheMasses

#27 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

One of the crowd wrote: Wed 07 Apr 2021, 6:11 pm
PopKid78 wrote: Wed 07 Apr 2021, 1:14 pm Interesting that the song which was the end of imperial phase, is the third most viewed video. Also it was only a 3 pointer on Pointless yesterday
Nickname is right. It is extremely popular in Latin Countries because of both the video and Latin sound and Latin countries are very crowded :lol: I don't know why but Latinos also love New York City Boy and the number of its views is higher than the total views of all Opportunities videos even after the commercial.
Last edited by PSBForTheMasses on Wed 02 Jun 2021, 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PSBForTheMasses

#28 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

By the way, Actually is very popular in Nepal (number one for a few days and top three for a few weeks). There must be a reason for it. Maybe Buddha priests blessed it publicly?

Patrick Bateman

#29 Post by Patrick Bateman »

PSBForTheMasses wrote: Wed 02 Jun 2021, 9:47 am By the way, Actually is very popular in Nepal (number one for a few days and top three for a few weeks). There must be a reason for it. Maybe Buddha priests blessed it publicly?
I Want to Wake Up In Another Body.

lucienchardon

#30 Post by lucienchardon »

It looks like It's A Sin now has more views on YouTube than West End Girls.