Time to get ready for "Annually 2021"...out May 7, 2021

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
scousepsbfan

Re: Time to get ready for "Annually 2021"...out May 7, 2021

#286 Post by scousepsbfan »

I don't think I've ever been more excited to hear a new song only to be the most bored I've ever been whilst awake in my life. Nice experiment but really quite dull.
Fight for love or love to fight......

bongsteve

#287 Post by bongsteve »

Somehow I missed the presale announcement and tried to grab a copy this AM...sold out. S#%t!

Anything interesting within this edition for those that have already read through it?

psbnyc

#288 Post by psbnyc »

I live in NYC and ordered this with the very expensive expedited delivery option, but although the money was charged to my credit card early this week, I’m yet to receive an email from the official store. Anybody in the US who has received Annually or at least a tracking number?
Last edited by psbnyc on Fri 07 May 2021, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Synthrobot

#289 Post by Synthrobot »

Only a few pages of 'new' stuff, then a review of 1986. I'll read the new stuff, not sure I can be bothered with the rest. Very nicely presented though, as always.

Dog

#290 Post by Dog »

First time I’ve had a question printed. Mine’s the one that references The Samurai in autumn. I’d forgotten I’d even sent one in (late night, drunk), so it was quite a thrill.
Woof.

Dog

#291 Post by Dog »

I’ve read the whole thing and it’s a great edition. Loads of new stuff in the 1986 feature. Amazing how non-stop that period was. Please, Disco, Television, four singles, multiple worldwide promotional trips, planned and aborted tour, demoing Actually, recording with Dusty. Amazing stuff.
Woof.

y3potential

#292 Post by y3potential »

*SPOILER ALERT....!*

What happened to the "bumper edition of fan letters..?" I totally appreciate that the last year has been thin on the ground with PSB activity for obvious reasons, so from the initial message from Becker Brown I was expecting a compromise edition that concentrated on fan questions and answers, as was initially announced.. Instead there are a couple of pages tagged on to the end.. A bit underwhelming..I enjoyed the 1986 diary with interesting insights and don't want to sound like a negative Nigel but from the initial announcement I was expecting more interaction in this edition, that's all.. :up:
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

Dog

#293 Post by Dog »

y3potential wrote:*SPOILER ALERT....!*

What happened to the "bumper edition of fan letters..?" I totally appreciate that the last year has been thin on the ground with PSB activity for obvious reasons, so from the initial message from Becker Brown I was expecting a compromise edition that concentrated on fan questions and answers, as was initially announced.. Instead there are a couple of pages tagged on to the end.. A bit underwhelming..I enjoyed the 1986 diary with interesting insights and don't want to sound like a negative Nigel but from the initial announcement I was expecting more interaction in this edition, that's all.. :up:
It’s 65 pages. It feels like they’ve struck the right balance. They’ve never been about interaction.
Woof.

y3potential

Re: Time to get ready for

#294 Post by y3potential »

Dog wrote: Fri 07 May 2021, 9:13 pm

It’s 65 pages. It feels like they’ve struck the right balance. They’ve never been about interaction.

I totally accept that. It's just from the initial announcement from BeckerBrown I assumed that the 2021 edition would be a "bumper edition of fan questions" largely due to the lack of any relevant PSB activity. Not my words... That said, I always look forward to what we get, I just expected more questions and answers this year... 8)
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

Dog

#295 Post by Dog »

y3potential wrote:
Dog wrote: Fri 07 May 2021, 9:13 pm

I totally accept that. It's just from the initial announcement from BeckerBrown I assumed that the 2021 edition would be a "bumper edition of fan questions" largely due to the lack of any relevant PSB activity. Not my words... That said, I always look forward to what we get, I just expected more questions and answers this year... 8)
Yes, I agree. The letters are never my favourite bit though. I think they’ve ended up with the right balance.
Woof.

telys

Re: Time to get ready for

#296 Post by telys »

Dog wrote: Fri 07 May 2021, 8:40 pm I’ve read the whole thing and it’s a great edition. Loads of new stuff in the 1986 feature. Amazing how non-stop that period was. Please, Disco, Television, four singles, multiple worldwide promotional trips, planned and aborted tour, demoing Actually, recording with Dusty. Amazing stuff.
Two masterpieces in a few months: Disco and Actually.
----
You've got me all wrong

Patrick Bateman

#297 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Tenlow wrote: Fri 07 May 2021, 2:45 pmYep. My beautiful launderette has also also never been available (at least not on Apple Music, so I guess the same applies to Spotify but I haven‘t checked).
Oh, I hadn't realised. It still seems odd though. I notice the lyrics aren't on the website either.

I'm surprised they didn't release it as Tennant/Lowe rather than Pet Shop Boys in that case.

Greendrake

#298 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Future Lover

#299 Post by Future Lover »

Yes, for four years now. Ever since "Nightlife/Further Listening" was released... and I'm pretty sure the Elton compilation hit streaming before that as well!

Greendrake

#300 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.