Time to get ready for "Annually 2021"...out May 7, 2021

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
psbfannyc

Time to get ready for "Annually 2021"...out May 7, 2021

#1 Post by psbfannyc »

https://www.petshopboys.co.uk/pet-texts ... 01/letters

What could the new fan club 2021 "Annually" issue hold? How each of them shopped with masks at Tescos or Sainsburys in 2020? Maybe an update on the product development of the "Funko Dolls"??? Goodbye 2020...hello 2021.

"1 December 2020

Letters

Work is underway for the 2021 issue of Annually and this year it will include a bumper selection of letters from you. So, if you have a question for Chris and Neil, send it in an email by Monday, December 14th, to info@beckerbrown.com. (Alternatively, you could leave a question on Facebook or Twitter.) Details of how to pre-order your copy of Annually will be on this site early next year."
Last edited by psbfannyc on Mon 01 Mar 2021, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

retrofuturist

Re: Time to get ready for "Annually 2021"...

#2 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Time to commence the annual cycle of:

- Pre-orders
- Sold-out
- Parcels go missing in transit

Pass the popcorn lads.

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

Greendrake

#3 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sage

#4 Post by Sage »

Looking forward to it! I suppose there's an obligation for them to produce this.
I imagine some forum members here will provide some questions for them to answer. I might send one or two but to me it feels strange to be contributing to PSB's output rather than just absorbing everything they put out. I think questions about the future, about the music scene, and about their driving forces (what works, what doesn't) are the kind of topics I'm interested in.
On the Facebook page there are a bunch of very specific questions about the past that I think aren't as interesting to read about, though maybe a couple would be a good insight.

Any speculation over the bonus CD that will presumably be included?
I hope they still have a CD included, it's what brought me over the edge to start buying these.
Even better if it's exclusive like the last one, but that means it has to be something that isn't worth a proper release on digital platforms etc. They can do anything, Musik demos with Neil's voice? Some off-cuts from recent years? Some reject remixes?
Given it's Annually 2021 it would seem appropriate to have the tracks from recent times, but ultimately there are no rules.

How much of this do you reckon will be focused on Covid....
It really has encompassed the year. 1.5 million deaths, 64 million cases, economies and lifestyles destroyed.

Maybe this will mean we'll get to find out what Neil and Chris have really been up to. I can't imagine Chris Heath coverage of Neil taking a bath or of Chris in the backyard playing with filters for his birthday photo.

Many of us will be reading this in March/April next year, when Covid will possibly be a thing of the past so I'd expect some lightheartedness rather than lockdown talk for the majority of the book. Covid has essentially been wiped out already here in Melbourne, Australia.

Patrick Bateman

#5 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Greendrake wrote: Wed 02 Dec 2020, 4:50 am "a bumper" they say.. hmmm.. Does that mean it might be worth asking again the whole lot of questions they have ignored in the past? :D
It means there's f*** all else to put in it.

tottenhammattspurs

#6 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

I've submitted the question:-

"Is there anything from your output you'd like to re-release simply due to not liking the original artwork?"

Personally the 1985 West End girls artwork is awful and I remember Neil once saying that he'd re-release opportunities again as he didn't care for the '86 artwork.

I've been lucky the last few issues with both my "Who's the saviour of Pop Music" and "How different would PSB be now had the original Bobby O West End girls version been a massive hit".
is is and isnt isnt

bongsteve

#7 Post by bongsteve »

Sounds like they will struggle for material to include given they already covered Hotspot in depth.

As for the CD, if there is one...my preference would be Musik with Neil vocals and/or instrumental versions. Perhaps they might even release the lockdown version of West End girls? Who knows, they like to keep busy so they could very well be recording some type of EP while in lockdown as well.

retrofuturist

#8 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

If there is a CD, I think it will be the Muzik EP. Just the standard issue. Neil supposedly said that it would come out on CD, but it clearly hasn't done so yet. This would tick off that box. Neil demos might be saved for a Further Listening release.

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

glennjridge

#9 Post by glennjridge »

Sage wrote: Wed 02 Dec 2020, 8:29 am
Many of us will be reading this in March/April next year, when Covid will possibly be a thing of the past so I'd expect some lightheartedness rather than lockdown talk for the majority of the book. Covid has essentially been wiped out already here in Melbourne, Australia.
While it would be difficult not to address it, I kind of hope with the next album they blow out the cobwebs and hopscotch over it all quite frankly and give us something thats a little more on the hopeful and dancey side. I am not in the mood for something middle of the road and introspective after this shit year.

Greendrake

#10 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NotInvisible

#11 Post by NotInvisible »

Sage wrote: Wed 02 Dec 2020, 8:29 amHow much of this do you reckon will be focused on Covid....
It really has encompassed the year. 1.5 million deaths, 64 million cases, economies and lifestyles destroyed.
I remember certain posters here dismissing it as fiction earlier this year...

TallThinMan

#12 Post by TallThinMan »

I emailed a question. I don’t know why because mine never get asked.
TIERGARTEN's debut album BREAKING POINT is out now: https://linktr.ee/tiergartenmusic

Future Lover

#13 Post by Future Lover »

I got mine answered last year, hopefully lightning strikes twice!

leesmapman

#14 Post by leesmapman »

Future Lover wrote: Fri 04 Dec 2020, 7:34 pm I got mine answered last year, hopefully lightning strikes twice!
Same :-)

Gabby

#15 Post by Gabby »

Its been a long while since I had a mention in Annually...back when the club still existed and the internet was still in its infancy.

A small boast compared to my daughter being in their Pet Texts, but cuteness wins every time! 🥰