Time to get ready for "Annually 2021"...out May 7, 2021

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Future Lover

Re: Time to get ready for "Annually 2021"...out May 7, 2021

#181 Post by Future Lover »

I know it must be a shocker for the known discriminators here, but not everyone can afford this. The median salary in my country is only about 12 times the cost + P&P of this. The only non-fans really are the folks ripping other people off later on, and obviously, all these shitty people labeling others. The people who want to spend time on this forum despite someone applying purity tests on them are pretty big fans in my eyes. What's next, white Western Europeans only?

domino

#182 Post by domino »

I wonder what 5 favourite tracks they picked this time. Especially with the current fame of Dua Lipa and Ariana Grande.
A blues would be in B flat, pain defining wisdom,
but the soul is in the high hat, programmed in the system.

hotspotnot

#183 Post by hotspotnot »

FFS fans have their own reasons for not buying any of the merchandise PSB put out there.

I used to be a completist, but then other priorities in my life took over. My CD singles collection is patchy now because I haven't bought any of the CD singles from Elysium, Electric, Super and Hotspot. I just didn't need them and I wouldn't be playing them. I buy their albums on CD, download anything extra.

I've not decided yet about Annually 2021. I bought last year's one but haven't listened to the Beautiful Laundrette CD.
Working the wheel. One eye alert and one asleep.

Greendrake

#184 Post by Greendrake »

hotspotnot wrote: Fri 05 Mar 2021, 12:07 pm I used to be a completist, but then other priorities in my life took over. My CD singles collection is patchy now because I haven't bought any of the CD singles from Elysium, Electric, Super and Hotspot. I just didn't need them and I wouldn't be playing them. I buy their albums on CD, download anything extra.

I've not decided yet about Annually 2021. I bought last year's one but haven't listened to the Beautiful Laundrette CD.
Well, with all respect, I would say you are a fan of pre-Elysium PSB but not of what they've done since then. Enthusiast, fancier, but sorry not fan.

oakey

#185 Post by oakey »

Greendrake wrote: Fri 05 Mar 2021, 12:58 pm
hotspotnot wrote: Fri 05 Mar 2021, 12:07 pm I used to be a completist, but then other priorities in my life took over. My CD singles collection is patchy now because I haven't bought any of the CD singles from Elysium, Electric, Super and Hotspot. I just didn't need them and I wouldn't be playing them. I buy their albums on CD, download anything extra.

Well, with all respect, I would say you are a fan of pre-Elysium PSB but not of what they've done since then. Enthusiast, fancier, but sorry not fan.
Don’t think that’s for you to decide.

Do you own the West End Girls 10”? Alternative vinyl? All Bobby O remixes of the pre-1985 stuff on vinyl and CD? All 7” vinyls with all possible covers released globally? All cassettes including those from Eastern Europe from the 80s? Have you seen all 4 runs of C2H incl the Brisbane one? No? Sorry, then you’re an enthusiast at best!

Greendrake

#186 Post by Greendrake »

oakey wrote: Fri 05 Mar 2021, 1:03 pm Don’t think that’s for you to decide.
Well, guess I can decide what my own opinion is about where the line dividing fans from non-fans lies, can't I?
Of course I am not trying persuade everyone that line is where I think it is. You are welcome to decide and offer your own view on that.

Scottydog

#187 Post by Scottydog »

No one has the right to tell anyone how much of a fan they are under any circumstances! Unbelievable arrogance! My income isn’t even high enough to pay tax in this country so I have to think VERY carefully about what I can and can’t buy. I’ve never bought Annually because I can’t afford it. Does that mean I’m not a fan? I think not. I would love to have been able to read it last year but I decided on something else they released instead!
If I thought what you’d think I wouldn’t even be here.

y3potential

#188 Post by y3potential »

oakey wrote: Fri 05 Mar 2021, 1:03 pm

Don’t think that’s for you to decide.

Do you own the West End Girls 10”? Alternative vinyl? All Bobby O remixes of the pre-1985 stuff on vinyl and CD? All 7” vinyls with all possible covers released globally? All cassettes including those from Eastern Europe from the 80s? Have you seen all 4 runs of C2H incl the Brisbane one? No? Sorry, then you’re an enthusiast at best!

Don't bite, Oakey. Just ignore.. Most of us do.
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

hotspotnot

#189 Post by hotspotnot »

What a nonsensical thing to say. Just because I don't buy a bunch of overpriced CD singles that I'm not going to listen to, that doesn't mean I'm not a fan.

I think Electric is one of their best albums, I saw the Electric and Inner Sanctum live shows, I saw both of their recent Royal Albert Hall shows, I have tickets to see them next year.

I may not have listened to the Beautiful Laundrette CD, but I travelled to Cheltenham to see the show itself.

Greendrake

#190 Post by Greendrake »

Scottydog wrote: Fri 05 Mar 2021, 1:44 pm I’ve never bought Annually because I can’t afford it. Does that mean I’m not a fan?
Of course it doesn't.
But there are people here who say they are not buying because they are not interested — not because they can't afford.

y3potential

#191 Post by y3potential »

Scottydog wrote: Fri 05 Mar 2021, 1:44 pm No one has the right to tell anyone how much of a fan they are under any circumstances! Unbelievable arrogance! My income isn’t even high enough to pay tax in this country so I have to think VERY carefully about what I can and can’t buy. I’ve never bought Annually because I can’t afford it. Does that mean I’m not a fan? I think not. I would love to have been able to read it last year but I decided on something else they released instead!

Totally agree. Breathtaking arrogance to suggest who is a bigger or lesser fan than someone else, purely on what items they have in their personal collections. I just assumed we are members here because we love the band and the music they have created over the past 35 years, not in a pissing contest over who has what etc.. But inevitably some fall into the trap of responding, thus giving these people what they're looking for. A reaction. I've done it myself, but now spend more time over at the new 'community'.. :dance:
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

hotspotnot

#192 Post by hotspotnot »

Greendrake wrote: Fri 05 Mar 2021, 1:53 pm
Scottydog wrote: Fri 05 Mar 2021, 1:44 pm I’ve never bought Annually because I can’t afford it. Does that mean I’m not a fan?
Of course it doesn't.
But there are people here who say they are not buying because they are not interested — not because they can't afford.
Not interested in spending money on certain products does not equal being not interested in the music.

trafaelwyr

#193 Post by trafaelwyr »

Greendrake wrote: Fri 05 Mar 2021, 1:28 pm
oakey wrote: Fri 05 Mar 2021, 1:03 pm Don’t think that’s for you to decide.
Well, guess I can decide what my own opinion is about where the line dividing fans from non-fans lies, can't I?
Of course I am not trying persuade everyone that line is where I think it is. You are welcome to decide and offer your own view on that.
Opinions are like assholes. I'll leave it at that.

Eleven

#194 Post by Eleven »

Any person here who states about whos better fan before or after Elysium has really lost their mind IMHO

Arent we all fans of the same band ?
are we losing the last resort for the PSB ?
Is social media suicidal ?

Ghost within this house

#195 Post by Ghost within this house »

Irrespective of the contributions of individual posters, this thread is another sad indictment of the fanbase.

Too much whingeing, and whatever happened to the humour?

We've got enough to whinge about in our lives without airing it all on here...
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun