Pet Shop Boys - Electric Ballroom

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Suburban_Boy

Pet Shop Boys - Electric Ballroom

#1 Post by Suburban_Boy »

Pet Shop Boys are delighted to confirm that they will be performing at the @electricballroomcamden, London, in 2021 as part of the "@passportgigs: Back to Our Roots" event series supporting the UK’s grassroots live music scene. The final date of the show will be revealed as soon as social distancing measures are redundant.

For a minimum donation of £5 donors will be entered into a prize draw to win entry to the PSB event for themselves and a guest. Entries will open on 14th September 2020, with all money going directly to help grassroots independent venues. More details are available at the link below.

https://www.passportbacktoourroots.org

rashomon

Re: Pet Shop Boys - Electric Ballroom

#2 Post by rashomon »

Nice ... gotta try for this. Not been to the ballroom either!
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

King1968

#3 Post by King1968 »

Excellent venue would be amazing seeing the them play there

raggatwin

#4 Post by raggatwin »

...but they don't really have any 'roots' in that underground live scene..performance at the Fridge in 1984, any others?
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

tottenhammattspurs

#5 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Good venue Electric Ballroom. You’re literally sitting on the stage if you get to the front.
is is and isnt isnt

Sandy Shaw

#6 Post by Sandy Shaw »

raggatwin wrote: Mon 07 Sep 2020, 2:19 pm ...but they don't really have any 'roots' in that underground live scene..performance at the Fridge in 1984, any others?
The brilliant thing is that they are supporting this scene, they are not laying claim to bring a big part of it!
What's for supper?

Greendrake

#7 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tottenhammattspurs

#8 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Greendrake wrote: Tue 08 Sep 2020, 2:14 am
Suburban_Boy wrote: Mon 07 Sep 2020, 10:17 am For a minimum donation of £5 donors will be entered into a prize draw to win entry to the PSB event for themselves and a guest.
What the ad does not say (but the fine print does) is that you can enter into the draw for free by post. This appears to be what frees the organisers from having to admit this is a lottery (and therefore be regulated as gambling).
....and all those postcards will go straight in the bin.
is is and isnt isnt

Greendrake

#9 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tottenhammattspurs

#10 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

I can't find it immediately to hand, but ITV recently admitted that their TV "text in" competitions with the option to enter by post, all went in the bin...
is is and isnt isnt

glennjridge

#11 Post by glennjridge »

On a side note, is anyone familiar with cameo.com? its a site where artists of all kind will make personalized videos for you for a fee.
yes, I know everyone here is probably above that, but while the site seems to be overloaded with alot of C-level celebrities there are some good ones here and there, I see Rufus wainwright just joined.

alot of artists are using the site to augment income now in these days. think of actors/musicians/comedians and other artists who now pretty much are done as far as live events where they would make the majority of their money. ANYWAYS....I think it would be great if Neil and Chris joined and you could ask them anything with the knowledge you would get a straight answer directly from them.

Gabby

#12 Post by Gabby »

glennjridge wrote: Wed 09 Sep 2020, 3:55 am On a side note, is anyone familiar with cameo.com? its a site where artists of all kind will make personalized videos for you for a fee.
yes, I know everyone here is probably above that, but while the site seems to be overloaded with alot of C-level celebrities there are some good ones here and there, I see Rufus wainwright just joined.

alot of artists are using the site to augment income now in these days. think of actors/musicians/comedians and other artists who now pretty much are done as far as live events where they would make the majority of their money. ANYWAYS....I think it would be great if Neil and Chris joined and you could ask them anything with the knowledge you would get a straight answer directly from them.
I'd be surprised if Chris did that...maybe Neil, but even still, I think they like a bit more control (rightly so) over those types of things.

The Electric Ballroom thing is an interesting idea, and I hope it pays off. I'm one of the nervous ones who thinks we're looking further away than next year before anything like normal resumes. Although it's a year away, I'm nervous for the Unity tour rescheduled dates, but I'm still hopeful.

Although I am sorry for the way the live Arts have suffered, it's not difficult to understand that those would be one of the first to go when you have to get back to basics and essentials. It actually might spawn some interesting new output from lots of artists as they navigate their way through this. I can't wait to see what Neil and Chris' take will be on current events when they release new music.

tucky101

#13 Post by tucky101 »

Meh

rashomon

#14 Post by rashomon »

Meh as well ... didn't win :(

Just got a message saying that 'They did it, thanks to you' ... and 'we're delighted to tell you it was successful'
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

raggatwin

#15 Post by raggatwin »

rashomon wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020, 10:01 am Meh as well ... didn't win :(

Just got a message saying that 'They did it, thanks to you' ... and 'we're delighted to tell you it was successful'
i don't think they have done the draw yet....2700 donations and capacity of 1500.....who knows....
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.