DREAMWORLD Greatest Hits Tour 2022, 2023 & now 2024

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

Drico One

Re: DREAMWORLD Greatest Hits Tour RESCHEDULED until 2022

#137 Post by Drico One »

To be honest, I've no intention of going to see PSB if I have to wear a mask at that point. Naturally, I'm all in favour of wearing masks in necessary situations, such as on the U-Bahn or when shopping. It's just that if after the vaccine programme has completed and I am required to wear a mask, I'd probably decide that going to see a pop band isn't really worth the bother. I don't think it'll come to that, of course, but I don't love the live experience so much that I am prepared to put up with two hours of irritation and discomfort for something I can live without. And that's just the fans.

This stream of consciousness was brought to you courtesy of Lockdown.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

psbfannyc

#138 Post by psbfannyc »

Drico One wrote: Sun 28 Mar 2021, 9:07 pm To be honest, I've no intention of going to see PSB if I have to wear a mask at that point. Naturally, I'm all in favour of wearing masks in necessary situations, such as on the U-Bahn or when shopping. It's just that if after the vaccine programme has completed and I am required to wear a mask, I'd probably decide that going to see a pop band isn't really worth the bother. I don't think it'll come to that, of course, but I don't love the live experience so much that I am prepared to put up with two hours of irritation and discomfort for something I can live without. And that's just the fans.

This stream of consciousness was brought to you courtesy of Lockdown.

Drico.
I agree. I am just happy the European tour was moved to 2022 and I just hope...at least here in Berlin and therefore Germany after 5 months of "lockdown" which is continuing...that even after the vaccine programme is completed...that we don't have to wear masks to attend entertainment events in the future. But I suppose that is just first world problems really. I would kill to go to a concert right now.

Suburban_Boy

#139 Post by Suburban_Boy »

I got an email a while ago about the rescheduled date in Prague. I was a little taken aback by the downbeat final statement! :roll: :lol:

"However, we believe that you will help us to overcome this difficult time and you will keep your purchased tickets and together we will enjoy PSB concert in 2022, which may quite possibly be the last."

Marie loves PSB

#140 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Suburban_Boy wrote: Mon 29 Mar 2021, 9:30 am I got an email a while ago about the rescheduled date in Prague. I was a little taken aback by the downbeat final statement! :roll: :lol:

"However, we believe that you will help us to overcome this difficult time and you will keep your purchased tickets and together we will enjoy PSB concert in 2022, which may quite possibly be the last."
I am taken aback too! :shock: That was letting us down gently lol..

leesmapman

#141 Post by leesmapman »

Suburban_Boy wrote: Mon 29 Mar 2021, 9:30 am"However, we believe that you will help us to overcome this difficult time and you will keep your purchased tickets and together we will enjoy PSB concert in 2022, which may quite possibly be the last."
wait, what's that?!

Suburban_Boy

#142 Post by Suburban_Boy »

leesmapman wrote: Mon 29 Mar 2021, 1:24 pm
Suburban_Boy wrote: Mon 29 Mar 2021, 9:30 am"However, we believe that you will help us to overcome this difficult time and you will keep your purchased tickets and together we will enjoy PSB concert in 2022, which may quite possibly be the last."
wait, what's that?!
Just some speculation on their part I'm sure, a shady tactic to ensure people don't ask for refunds! :x

Marie loves PSB

#143 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Suburban_Boy wrote: Mon 29 Mar 2021, 1:29 pm
leesmapman wrote: Mon 29 Mar 2021, 1:24 pm
wait, what's that?!
Just some speculation on their part I'm sure, a shady tactic to ensure people don't ask for refunds! :x
I wouldn't take much notice until you hear if from PSB's themselves. :)

Oznerol

#144 Post by Oznerol »

We just need to wait and see what happens with the PSB+NO tour in USA too... for sure it´ll de delayed to 2022 too..or maybe cancelled?? Are there now any other gigs for 2021 scheduled in later dates than this tour?
This is not my signature.

OakeyDokey

#145 Post by OakeyDokey »

The Czechoslovakians have always had the inside scoop on the future plans of the Pets.

Sebastian_Surfleet

#146 Post by Sebastian_Surfleet »

Oznerol wrote: Mon 29 Mar 2021, 10:58 pm We just need to wait and see what happens with the PSB+NO tour in USA too... for sure it´ll de delayed to 2022 too..or maybe cancelled?? Are there now any other gigs for 2021 scheduled in later dates than this tour?
The SF gig has not been cancelled thus far.

And at the rate vaccinations are happening in CA, we should be back to full events in late July. We are already open at 35% of a number of public places.

At present there is no reason to think the October date will be cancelled.

rashomon

#147 Post by rashomon »

The Unity tour is finely balanced I think.

I know the US are powering ahead with vaccine rollout though Canada which is where the tour starts in late September is lagging a bit.

Also noted that 'test' events are going ahead in MSG New York currently and I think all eyes on Justin Bieber (never thought I'd be writing that in a PSB forum!) as he has his MSG dates set starting 13th July. What happens there might give us some clues on if Unity will happen this year.
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

Gabby

#148 Post by Gabby »

rashomon wrote: Tue 30 Mar 2021, 9:54 am The Unity tour is finely balanced I think.

I know the US are powering ahead with vaccine rollout though Canada which is where the tour starts in late September is lagging a bit.

Also noted that 'test' events are going ahead in MSG New York currently and I think all eyes on Justin Bieber (never thought I'd be writing that in a PSB forum!) as he has his MSG dates set starting 13th July. What happens there might give us some clues on if Unity will happen this year.
Toronto date is really hanging by a thread right now I reckon. We're in a third wave, and Ontario premier is more interested in keeping restaurants and nail salons open while his vaccine rollout limps it's way into the Easter holidays. He blames the Federal government, which is a nice easy target for him to blame his failure to act on.

I'll be lucky to get a vaccine this side of July. Then consider the quarantine rules for the PSB/NO and their entourage (will they be exempted?).

There's too much right now logistically to make it work. How much time do you suppose PSB/NO crew need before they have to pull the plug on it? And that's even assuming they WANT to do it under these conditions?

Sure 5 months is long time, but IMHO we'll be into May here in Ontario before there's even a modicum of certainty about what's happening in the province.

Oznerol

#149 Post by Oznerol »

Gabby wrote: Tue 30 Mar 2021, 8:07 pm
Toronto date is really hanging by a thread right now I reckon. We're in a third wave, and Ontario premier is more interested in keeping restaurants and nail salons open while his vaccine rollout limps it's way into the Easter holidays. He blames the Federal government, which is a nice easy target for him to blame his failure to act on.

I'll be lucky to get a vaccine this side of July. Then consider the quarantine rules for the PSB/NO and their entourage (will they be exempted?).

There's too much right now logistically to make it work. How much time do you suppose PSB/NO crew need before they have to pull the plug on it? And that's even assuming they WANT to do it under these conditions?

Sure 5 months is long time, but IMHO we'll be into May here in Ontario before there's even a modicum of certainty about what's happening in the province.
Those are my sensations too.
Even if the Unity Tour happens...will it be with FULL stadiums, without even a minimal distance between people?? Because it was all Sold-Out! And if not..how they´ll be doing it? Splitting each date in two?
Also think that not only US people will go..like my case. I have tickets from Argentina..and I have no clue at this point about the vaccination here, and how the regulations of each country to accept people from other lands will be from here to 2022...
A complex nightmare...
This is not my signature.

Gabby

#150 Post by Gabby »

Oznerol wrote: Wed 31 Mar 2021, 3:50 pm
Gabby wrote: Tue 30 Mar 2021, 8:07 pm

Those are my sensations too.
Even if the Unity Tour happens...will it be with FULL stadiums, without even a minimal distance between people?? Because it was all Sold-Out! And if not..how they´ll be doing it? Splitting each date in two?
Also think that not only US people will go..like my case. I have tickets from Argentina..and I have no clue at this point about the vaccination here, and how the regulations of each country to accept people from other lands will be from here to 2022...
A complex nightmare...
That's a great point Oznerol! I never even gave a thought to those who had bought tickets for these shows that aren't even living in the USA/Canada. I am sure there are quite a few and with travel restrictions still in place, there's no telling how difficult that might be.