DREAMWORLD Greatest Hits Tour 2022, 2023 & now 2024

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
TwizzleUK

Re: DREAMWORLD Greatest Hits Tour RESCHEDULED until 2022

#121 Post by TwizzleUK »

Wasn't 'Give Stupidity A Chance' the lead track on 'Agenda' rather than 'On Social Media'?

Future Lover

#122 Post by Future Lover »

I did have a personal pick on that. Technically, wouldn't call any of them singles, but "On Social Media" did have more of a video compared to the rest, and honestly, it's a bop.

TwizzleUK

#123 Post by TwizzleUK »

Future Lover wrote: Sat 06 Feb 2021, 10:44 am I did have a personal pick on that. Technically, wouldn't call any of them singles, but "On Social Media" did have more of a video compared to the rest, and honestly, it's a bop.
Yeah, 'On Social Media' is a much better song. Similarly with 'Christmas', 'All Over The World' is the far better track, and had a video, so would probably be more appropriate, even though it was the second track on the EP.

Synthrobot

Re: DREAMWORLD Greatest Hits Tour RESCHEDULED until 2021

#124 Post by Synthrobot »

TwizzleUK wrote: Wed 03 Feb 2021, 2:24 pm
canveyboy wrote: Wed 03 Feb 2021, 12:47 pm This is a great idea but they are not allowed to travel are they? The tier restrictions mean that Neil and Chris can’t meet up I guess?

So it would have to be done like the West End girls lockdown version with Neil and Chris in their respective homes. But that’s not live though? 🤔 Can they do the same set up and do it live? With them in separate places?
I'd imagine the latency of the Internet makes it impossible for Neil and Chris to perform live remotely simultaneously. Alternative pseudo live alternatives are possible:
  • Chris records his live performance of the music; then Neil sings over it in a live stream.
  • Chris records his live performance of the music; Neil records his vocals over Chris's music, then the combined pre-recorded performance is broadcast as a quasi-live stream, more like a Peel session type recording.
Lots of creative possibilities there for something exclusive approximating a live performance/stream working with and around the limitations currently place.
Latency can be an issue. I tried doing something with OBS and the voice was always out of synch. Soon enough people will be able to go into gardens etc, so you never know, we might get something then. My feeling is that they don't want to perform anything live unless it is slick. Take That's recent gig was excellent, done from each member's house/studio.

Nickname

#125 Post by Nickname »

TwizzleUK wrote: Sat 06 Feb 2021, 10:58 am
Future Lover wrote: Sat 06 Feb 2021, 10:44 am I did have a personal pick on that. Technically, wouldn't call any of them singles, but "On Social Media" did have more of a video compared to the rest, and honestly, it's a bop.
Yeah, 'On Social Media' is a much better song. Similarly with 'Christmas', 'All Over The World' is the far better track, and had a video, so would probably be more appropriate, even though it was the second track on the EP.
In fact, Social Media could have been single material.

Suburban_Boy

#126 Post by Suburban_Boy »

I was just wondering, who has all the money at the moment, is it with the individual venues, the tour promoter, or somewhere else?

Marie loves PSB

#127 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Suburban_Boy wrote: Sun 07 Feb 2021, 11:31 am I was just wondering, who has all the money at the moment, is it with the individual venues, the tour promoter, or somewhere else?
I would not be surprised whoever has got the money has made a little "interest" on it. :shock:

OakeyDokey

#128 Post by OakeyDokey »

To pay the bills I have to pay

romy

#129 Post by romy »

oh,oh,very sad.Read in german newspaper a minute ago,that festivals(with Oasis) can occur in august/september.

Shit,the PSB Tour should be running in june,they miss the time only for a couple of weeks,and must wait for ten more months..

rashomon

DREAMWORLD Greatest Hits Tour RESCHEDULED until 2022

#130 Post by rashomon »

Yup but the Leeds and Reading festivals are outdoor events. Definitely the right thing for the Dreamworld tour to be pushed back a year.

I wonder what will happen on the Unity Tour. I saw that they allowed limited fans to attend a basketball game at Madison Square Gardens this week ....
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

Gabby

#131 Post by Gabby »

rashomon wrote: Thu 25 Feb 2021, 12:52 pm Yup but the Leeds and Reading festivals are outdoor events. Definitely the right thing for the Dreamworld tour to be pushed back a year.

I wonder what will happen on the Unity Tour. I saw that they allowed limited fans to attend a basketball game at Madison Square Gardens this week ....
As much as I hate to say this, I hope they push Unity back too. USA might be doing great on vaccinations, but here in Canada we're lagging badly. They haven't even announced when one of the key PSB/NO demographics (50 year olds) will be vaccinated yet, with those in their 60's not slated until July. And even that is a big "IF" we get vaccinations in quantity and on time.

Personally, as gutted as I would be, I wouldn't feel safe going to this concert in Toronto in September. It's my 50th birthday and I don't fancy the idea of seeing a concert of a lifetime, and then popping my clogs shortly after.

rashomon

#132 Post by rashomon »

I hear ya Gabby ... I was 50 for when this was originally planned and I’m getting older by the second!

Happy if it pushes back to 2022 also ... just don’t want it cancelled

Also if postponed ... hopeful the NYC gig changes back to a Saturday date!
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

Gabby

#133 Post by Gabby »

rashomon wrote: Thu 25 Feb 2021, 1:56 pm I hear ya Gabby ... I was 50 for when this was originally planned and I’m getting older by the second!

Happy if it pushes back to 2022 also ... just don’t want it cancelled Image

Also if postponed ... hopeful the NYC gig changes back to a Saturday date!
Yeah, I was glad the Toronto date remained on the weekend when it was rescheduled. Might not be so lucky third time around but will work around it as I usually do! :roll:

Complete cancellation would be a real downer - the only reason I feel it still might not is because it was a hugely popular, fast selling set of gigs (if I recall it was the hottest ticket in town on the day they opened sales up). If anything I'd think NO and PSB would be inclined to ADD more dates, although I know Bernard Sumner doesn't enjoy longer tours, but it's likely got more traction now, esp with the new found interest in PSB "oldies".

OakeyDokey

#134 Post by OakeyDokey »

Gabby wrote: Thu 25 Feb 2021, 1:21 pm
rashomon wrote: Thu 25 Feb 2021, 12:52 pm Yup but the Leeds and Reading festivals are outdoor events. Definitely the right thing for the Dreamworld tour to be pushed back a year.

As much as I hate to say this, I hope they push Unity back too. USA might be doing great on vaccinations, but here in Canada we're lagging badly. They haven't even announced when one of the key PSB/NO demographics (50 year olds) will be vaccinated yet, with those in their 60's not slated until July. And even that is a big "IF" we get vaccinations in quantity and on time.

Personally, as gutted as I would be, I wouldn't feel safe going to this concert in Toronto in September. It's my 50th birthday and I don't fancy the idea of seeing a concert of a lifetime, and then popping my clogs shortly after.
A great way to go, though.... (no winky emoji available!)

Gabby

#135 Post by Gabby »

OakeyDokey wrote: Thu 25 Feb 2021, 6:02 pm
Gabby wrote: Thu 25 Feb 2021, 1:21 pm

A great way to go, though.... (no winky emoji available!)
Yeah, my epitaph can read "He went out with banging and lasers" :lol: