DREAMWORLD Greatest Hits Tour 2022, 2023 & now 2024

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
psbfannyc

DREAMWORLD Greatest Hits Tour 2022, 2023 & now 2024

#1 Post by psbfannyc »

https://www.petshopboys.co.uk/news/2020 ... escheduled

"8 April 2020

Dreamworld rescheduled

In light of recent government advice in relation to the ongoing situation and threat of COVID-19 globally, Pet Shop Boys’ Dreamworld tour can no longer commence as planned in May 2020 and the dates are being rescheduled. The European leg of the tour was planned to start on May 1st in Berlin but promoters, following government advice, are working on alternative dates which will be announced shortly. The UK shows have now been rescheduled to May 2021 and the full list of new dates is below. Tickets for the original dates will remain valid for the new dates but refunds will be made available if required in due course. This delay is very disappointing for Pet Shop Boys and all of their team and, of course, for those who have bought tickets but circumstances demand it. We look forward to seeing you in 2021 and, until then, stay safe!"

2022, 2023 and 2024: https://www.petshopboys.co.uk/tour/archive
Attachments
a38d304e3e2dc767146a1578c270ae60.jpg
a38d304e3e2dc767146a1578c270ae60.jpg (453.01 KiB) Viewed 18531 times
Last edited by psbfannyc on Thu 02 Nov 2023, 5:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

canveyboy

Re: DREAMWORLD Greatest Hits Tour RESCHEDULED until 2021

#2 Post by canveyboy »

Finally!!!

It’s going to be a long 12 months....
Its taken me all of my life to find you

Gabby

#3 Post by Gabby »

:clap: I want to applaud Neil, Chris and the whole team involved in this tour. :clap:

This must be a logistical nightmare of massive proportions and if all goes well and to plan next year, they deserve our thanks and gratitude.

daveid

#4 Post by daveid »

Well, this year just gets better and better doesn't it?

Disappointment aside, I wonder whether this will become an opportunity to bang another album out, at least in the demo stage. Come on guys - more noodling.

psbfannyc

#5 Post by psbfannyc »

daveid wrote: Wed 08 Apr 2020, 4:42 pm Well, this year just gets better and better doesn't it?

Disappointment aside, I wonder whether this will become an opportunity to bang another album out, at least in the demo stage. Come on guys - more noodling.
Time to start working on a new album!

psbfannyc

#6 Post by psbfannyc »

And now a "Berlin" post from Facebook....hopefully we will hear about the rest of the European dates soon....

https://www.facebook.com/events/5434321 ... 9785726357

English translation:
"The development in recent weeks shows that events in Germany and many other countries cannot take place at the planned time due to official orders. Internationally performing artists may experience performances in Germany, even if they are later than the current ban period.
This also applies to the Pet Shop Boys, whose tour would have started on May 1st in Berlin. As it is very likely that the ban period for events will extend beyond April, alternative dates are already being worked on and will be announced shortly.
Tickets of course remain valid."

German translation:
"Die Entwicklung der letzten Wochen zeigt, dass in Deutschland und vielen anderen Ländern aufgrund behördlicher Anordnungen Veranstaltungen nicht zum geplanten Zeitpunkt stattfinden können. Bei international auftretenden Künstlern kann es dazu kommen, dass dadurch Auftritte in Deutschland betroffen sind, auch wenn diese terminlich hinter dem aktuellen Verbotszeitraum liegen.
So auch bei den Pet Shop Boys, deren Tour am 1. Mai in Berlin gestartet wäre. Da es sehr wahrscheinlich ist, dass der Verbotszeitraum für Veranstaltungen über den April hinaus ausgeweitet werden, wird bereits an Ersatzterminen gearbeitet, die in Kürze bekannt gegeben werden.
Tickets behalten natürlich ihre Gültigkeit."

glennjridge

#7 Post by glennjridge »

I know it’s unrealistic and unfair to want another album between now and then, but somehow it would feel better, next year to start a tour fresh with another album. I just feel like with everything that’s going on now I can’t think of this album we just got without thinking of the coronavirus. its like, 🤮

NikacP0kac

#8 Post by NikacP0kac »

Surely they will release something in the meantime, they can't ride this momentum wave they've generated with the Hyde Park gig, the Monkey Business and Dreamland radio exposure etc. until 2021.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

Gabby

#9 Post by Gabby »

NikacP0kac wrote: Wed 08 Apr 2020, 6:27 pm Surely they will release something in the meantime, they can't ride this momentum wave they've generated with the Hyde Park gig, the Monkey Business and Dreamland radio exposure etc. until 2021.
I think it opens up some fresh avenues potentially...how about Disco 5 now in time for Christmas? A new EP in Spring 2021.

No need for a completely new album but I reckon there could be a silver lining to all of this.

rashomon

#10 Post by rashomon »

I wonder where this leaves the Unity tour?

Either that goes ahead as scheduled for Sep/Oct and becomes a lead-in to the actual Dreamworld tour ... OR it gets cancelled.

Sadly can't see them postponing as logistics of getting BOTH New Order and PSB to align would be quite a challenge.
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

Gabby

#11 Post by Gabby »

rashomon wrote: Wed 08 Apr 2020, 8:08 pm I wonder where this leaves the Unity tour?

Either that goes ahead as scheduled for Sep/Oct and becomes a lead-in to the actual Dreamworld tour ... OR it gets cancelled.

Sadly can't see them postponing as logistics of getting BOTH New Order and PSB to align would be quite a challenge.
Yeah Rashomon - this is the tour I'm most invested in since I have tickets for Toronto. Truthfully, if it were to go ahead I'd be surprised - there's slim to zero chance there would be a viable cure/vaccine for COVID19 by then to keep crowds like that safe by then, so even adventurous me would be leery about going to a concert at that point.

Cancellation sadly seems the most likely outcome because, as you say, aligning these two bands for a tour could be an even greater logistical nightmare than rescheduling the Dreamworld tour.

I'll be happy to eat my proverbial hat if not, but my deepest hope would be that a postponement to 2021 is the eventual outcome, because I'd really have to evaluate my life before heading out to a concert in September this year. Sadly I think the world is in for a long slow recovery, and I also don't think it's something we should rush.

Willowrpe

#12 Post by Willowrpe »

its understandable the tour gets rescheduled I was looking forward to the concert in Newcastle in June

Pod

#13 Post by Pod »

I would say in the light of this that Disco 5 (or Di5co) is a near certainty.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

glennjridge

#14 Post by glennjridge »

yeah! while a whole new album might be asking for too much, at least a Disco 5 would be something thats a tad more realistic to hope for.
its not asking them to come up with 10ish whole new original tracks, but maybe some nice mixes of pre existing and maybe a couple new ones.

Sage

#15 Post by Sage »

Could have just put this info in the "will PSB postpone the tour due to the Corona virus".
Please be considerate and don't make too many new threads....

Anyway my reaction to the news is I just want to know what they'll be doing instead. Hopefully something comes out of this.