DREAMWORLD Greatest Hits Tour 2022, 2023 & now 2024

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
blureu

Re: DREAMWORLD Greatest Hits Tour RESCHEDULED until 2022

#151 Post by blureu »

Did anyone who sold their original ticket(s) on Ticketmaster/Live Nation receive an email today with an invoice from Ticketmaster/Live Nation stating the buyer has been refunded their money since the event "has since been canceled, postponed, or rescheduled".

Huh? Does this indicate the rescheduled dates for 2021 have been "canceled, postponed, or rescheduled"?

I don't see any news regarding the tour today so maybe this is a precursor to the news?

Gabby

#152 Post by Gabby »

Just saw their Dreamworld date in Denmark is now cancelled.

That leaves only Bilbao as a live date in Europe before the Unity tour is meant to begin in September. :(

OakeyDokey

#153 Post by OakeyDokey »

I doubt any European date in 2021 will happen especially if it's just one date. Lugging gear to Spain and all the crew/stage design required etc. would not be cost effective.

Tom Angel

#154 Post by Tom Angel »

Gigs ain't happening again. Far too risky. There might be a case of covid. Better to be safe than to be sorry. Lives are more important than live music.
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

Gabby

#155 Post by Gabby »

OakeyDokey wrote: Fri 07 May 2021, 2:20 pm I doubt any European date in 2021 will happen especially if it's just one date. Lugging gear to Spain and all the crew/stage design required etc. would not be cost effective.
Agree, it likely wouldn't be worth it.

Unity tour hangs in the balance. If USA is doing better its possible they could cancel Canada dates I suppose, but people could still travel technically so that is risky for everyone.

Future Lover

#156 Post by Future Lover »

Tom Angel wrote: Fri 07 May 2021, 8:40 pmLives are more important than live music.
I know you were an ironic bitter queen... but this is unironically true.

Grover

#157 Post by Grover »

Hi, I am eagerly awaiting the (now twice postponed) Dreamworld concert in London on May 22th 2022.

I am curious to know what the current Covid regulations are for concerts in the UK? What do you need to be granted access?

before

#158 Post by before »

Grover wrote: Fri 01 Oct 2021, 10:01 am Hi, I am eagerly awaiting the (now twice postponed) Dreamworld concert in London on May 22th 2022.

I am curious to know what the current Covid regulations are for concerts in the UK? What do you need to be granted access?
Too early to know what the situation will be in May 2022, but I saw Natalie Imbruglia in Kingston a week ago and had to show a negative test result or proof of my double vaccination. I think it's up to the venue to decide?

Old Soak

#159 Post by Old Soak »

Grover wrote: Fri 01 Oct 2021, 10:01 am Hi, I am eagerly awaiting the (now twice postponed) Dreamworld concert in London on May 22th 2022.

I've been to two concerts in the last fortnight as backlogs are rescheduled and have another in a fortnight. No restrictions at the one in England, had to wear face mask throughout in Wales though and had the temperature scanner pointed at forehead. Both concerts were pretty much full. I guess football is going on normally so similar.
And at the end/ Your funny Uncle staring / At all your friends / With military bearing

DopeFiend

#160 Post by DopeFiend »

Old Soak wrote: Fri 01 Oct 2021, 12:57 pm

I've been to two concerts in the last fortnight as backlogs are rescheduled and have another in a fortnight. No restrictions at the one in England, had to wear face mask throughout in Wales though and had the temperature scanner pointed at forehead. Both concerts were pretty much full. I guess football is going on normally so similar.
To me from Melbourne, Australia that just seems absolutely insane you're going to crowded concerts without needing to be double vaxxed. "No restrictions" wow. Seems a bit crass, let's look up the death numbers for UK.. 137 yesterday and..... 35,000 new cases for just 1 day1?!?!?!?!? that's essentially the whole population of the venue and then some.
Here in Australia, 500 cases is a big deal. thousands of new cases really...

Tom Angel

#161 Post by Tom Angel »

Get a grip basically. There's a hypochondriacal hysteria - duck out. Most have natural immunity and there won't be many 80 heart olds at the gigs. Do not believe the hype. This all feeds the fear and the facilitation of authoritarianism - this NEVER ends prettily.

Live. Be free. Turn off the news. It's all bollocks. x
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

minimal

#162 Post by minimal »

Tom Angel wrote: Fri 01 Oct 2021, 2:51 pm Get a grip basically. There's a hypochondriacal hysteria - duck out. Most have natural immunity and there won't be many 80 heart olds at the gigs. Do not believe the hype. This all feeds the fear and the facilitation of authoritarianism - this NEVER ends prettily.

Will you please stop posting bullshit like this? If you're that simple-minded please leave and post that shit elsehwere, preferably in places where you're in likewise company. Thanks.

m+

Future Lover

#163 Post by Future Lover »

Uh, just report the trainwreck, everyone... There's enough nutters outside of this forum, we shouldn't be tolerating them here too.

Synthrobot

#164 Post by Synthrobot »

Tom Angel wrote: Fri 01 Oct 2021, 2:51 pm Get a grip basically. There's a hypochondriacal hysteria - duck out. Most have natural immunity and there won't be many 80 heart olds at the gigs. Do not believe the hype. This all feeds the fear and the facilitation of authoritarianism - this NEVER ends prettily.
So obviously you haven't met anyone that has died from this virus then? I'm in my 40's, very healthy, double vaxxed, wear a mask when necessary and proud to be a sheep then.

df118junkie

#165 Post by df118junkie »

Good grief, you’re a clueless idiot. Good luck.