3rd single "Monkey Business" (Jan 2020)

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
joe stalin

Re: 3rd single "Monkey Business" (Jan 2020)

#541 Post by joe stalin »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021, 10:23 am The annoying thing about all this is that it (must) be obvious that PSB fans want PHYSICAL content. If people are happy to pay upwards of a tenner for an obviously fake “promo” then they’d be happy to pay upwards of a tenner for an official cd single with all the tracks and remixes on it. Another case in point are those very very good Russian bootlegs of the early PSB singles and vinyl only 12” mixes. They sell for stupid money. Why can’t x2 officially issue the first five singles as cd singles? Limited run £15 a pop. I’d rather buy that than put money into bootleggers pockets.
You’re right of course. Problem for me is that I really want good quality (no static) recordings of early tracks. For example, I’ve played my original FK remix of Rent so many times but had to buy a bootleg to get a quality version worth listening to on the Sonos. To make matters worse, I wanted the It’s a Sin Miami mix, and in desperation bought a vinyl copy from the US. Once it arrived, I put it on my digital turntable to upload and it turned out the record was scratched. So £25 later, and not even one track better off :-(

I will add that I’ve found some of the bootleg cds contain some really excellent remixes as well. I like the way someone like Blade or JCRZ reinterpret the boys songs, whereas Renton and T.REXX mix the original versions into much longer outputs. Rentons 3hr mega mix is a joy to behold.

Future Lover

#542 Post by Future Lover »

If you're into legal lossless downloads, Qobuz and Tidal are right there. The "Decide" mixes would probably cost you 3 GBP and you'd get them immediately, instead of being at the mercy of a bootlegger and whether they used lossless files or not.

MikeyC

#543 Post by MikeyC »

I’m usually up on these things... and I own the Monkey Business vinyl... but was there ever an official CD single released? Thanks! 😎

TwizzleUK

#544 Post by TwizzleUK »

MikeyC wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021, 6:00 pm I’m usually up on these things... and I own the Monkey Business vinyl... but was there ever an official CD single released? Thanks! 😎
Yup: https://www.petshopboysshop.co.uk/petsh ... CAX11K8000

Probably quicker to look it up online than pose the question on here, to be fair..! :lol:

MikeyC

#545 Post by MikeyC »

TwizzleUK wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021, 7:08 pm
MikeyC wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021, 6:00 pm I’m usually up on these things... and I own the Monkey Business vinyl... but was there ever an official CD single released? Thanks! 😎
Yup: https://www.petshopboysshop.co.uk/petsh ... CAX11K8000

Probably quicker to look it up online than pose the question on here, to be fair..! :lol:
True! And thanks! 🙏🏾

joe stalin

#546 Post by joe stalin »

Future Lover wrote: Fri 16 Apr 2021, 4:24 pm If you're into legal lossless downloads, Qobuz and Tidal are right there. The "Decide" mixes would probably cost you 3 GBP and you'd get them immediately, instead of being at the mercy of a bootlegger and whether they used lossless files or not.
Thanks. I tried to register with Qobuz to buy Musik but my U.K. postcode wasn’t recognised. For fun I tried a us zip code, 90210, but this was also rejected. I looked at tidal but I’m looking forward to eliminating relentless subscriptions rather than adding more. My B2 can provide unlimited (time wise) lossless access to my tracks for free.

Future Lover

#547 Post by Future Lover »

I was pretty sure Tidal works just as any music store? You can purchase things without subscribing?