3rd single "Monkey Business" (Jan 2020)

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Gabby

Re: 3rd single "Monkey Business" (Jan 2020)

#526 Post by Gabby »

goughsjd wrote: Tue 11 Feb 2020, 9:43 pm
:D Once upon a time, there was a Spanish lady in forums whom even Neil and Chris were eager to get rid of and end all communication/ contact/ interaction whatsoever (I forgot her name but I had come across her in Twitter at the time of Hotspot release and was surprised to see her enthuasism to talk to Neil and Chris after all these years- hope I will remember her name in time
[/quote]

Do you mean Lydia???
[/quote]

OMG I remember Lydia.

daveid

#527 Post by daveid »

She wasn't the balloon girl was she?

PSBForTheMasses

#528 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

:D Once upon a time, there was a Spanish lady in forums whom even Neil and Chris were eager to get rid of and end all communication/ contact/ interaction whatsoever (I forgot her name but I had come across her in Twitter at the time of Hotspot release and was surprised to see her enthuasism to talk to Neil and Chris after all these years- hope I will remember her name in time
[/quote]

Do you mean Lydia???
[/quote]

Exactly :)

Marie loves PSB

#529 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Pod wrote: Sat 08 Feb 2020, 6:40 pm
Marie loves PSB wrote: Sat 08 Feb 2020, 1:27 pm Lol... I am so glad that I went out yesterday and missed looking at my e-mails. - This is priceless! :down: I found out a minute ago that I have received a few e-mails to say that my Cd is on its way for yesterday morning (Friday). DPD gave me a time etc.. For them to e-mail me a bit later to say that the driver is going to miss me now as he is busy! lol... That's a good un'! I am supposed to be receiving it on Monday - just hope he isn't busy. :shhh: ** I cannot actually believe they have said that**.
Shocking that...
I agree - Pod. :down: It finally arrived around 2.00pm on Monday. That was good of them lol... :roll:

le petit corbusier

#530 Post by le petit corbusier »

PSBForTheMasses wrote:
Do you mean Lydia???
[/quote]

Exactly :)[/quote]

Ah, Lydia...

It was 2006, Barcelona. Just after the Fundamental tour concert. A long row of people waiting beside a black car with open windows where Neil and Chris where signing autographs to patient and polite fans. When it was this girl and his friends' turn they freaked out and started shouting. The guy had nothing to be signed, so he took off his xxxl t-shirt, leaving his sweaty xxxl belly for everybody to behold. I'm not sure if he wanted the belly or the t-shirt to be signed. Obviously, the driver proceeded to shut the windows and hurry to a safe place as fast as possible leaving a bunch of disappointed fans behind because of those two human cans of trash. Nice memories.
Look left, then right
And run for your life

E-Mail Vampire

#531 Post by E-Mail Vampire »

Monkey Business re-enters the U.K. sales chart at number 6.

leesmapman

#532 Post by leesmapman »

So, it's a top 10 single now!

alig

#533 Post by alig »

leesmapman wrote: Sat 15 Feb 2020, 8:15 am So, it's a top 10 single now!
Yes.
"John 3:16."

Sithblade

#534 Post by Sithblade »

Anyone know if this is genuine or a knock off? There's no At Rock Bottom but includes Decide in a physical format which I'd like.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PET-SHOP-BOY ... 890.l49286

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Future Lover

#535 Post by Future Lover »

Most probably fake.

joe stalin

#536 Post by joe stalin »

Interesting you raise this question. I bought this a while back as I wanted the physical copy of Decide and was miffed they didn't issue it. Its not just a collector vibe, I just reckon at some point accessibility to all my favourite PSB remixes will not be as easy (or cheap) to access as it is now. Youtube will go to subscription only and psb remixes on spotify are already pretty rare.

With this in mind, a year ago I bought a Brennan B2. This is a 2TB music server that I access via my mobile phone, a laptop or desktop, and it also works with my Sonos speakers. Its also backed up regularly to onedrive so I can access everything over the cloud.

I now have approx 1200 PSB songs (out of the 10,000 I have in total), all immediately accessible, with no danger of someone at somepoint removing access and no change of the quality decaying. Obviously I have many bootleg remixes (by JCRZ, Blade, Nathan Jay, Renton etc...) all stored on the device, mostly in CD quality (FLAC compression) where possible.

Probably overkill but this is why I bought the cd you're referring to.. and now the contents are stored on my Brennan for ever.

That's my two pennyworth anyway

Sithblade

#537 Post by Sithblade »

joe stalin wrote:Interesting you raise this question. I bought this a while back as I wanted the physical copy of Decide and was miffed they didn't issue it. Its not just a collector vibe, I just reckon at some point accessibility to all my favourite PSB remixes will not be as easy (or cheap) to access as it is now. Youtube will go to subscription only and psb remixes on spotify are already pretty rare.

With this in mind, a year ago I bought a Brennan B2. This is a 2TB music server that I access via my mobile phone, a laptop or desktop, and it also works with my Sonos speakers. Its also backed up regularly to onedrive so I can access everything over the cloud.

I now have approx 1200 PSB songs (out of the 10,000 I have in total), all immediately accessible, with no danger of someone at somepoint removing access and no change of the quality decaying. Obviously I have many bootleg remixes (by JCRZ, Blade, Nathan Jay, Renton etc...) all stored on the device, mostly in CD quality (FLAC compression) where possible.

Probably overkill but this is why I bought the cd you're referring to.. and now the contents are stored on my Brennan for ever.

That's my two pennyworth anyway
Thanks, so it's of decent sound quality despite not been genuine?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Greendrake

Re: 3rd single

#538 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tottenhammattspurs

#539 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

The annoying thing about all this is that it (must) be obvious that PSB fans want PHYSICAL content. If people are happy to pay upwards of a tenner for an obviously fake “promo” then they’d be happy to pay upwards of a tenner for an official cd single with all the tracks and remixes on it. Another case in point are those very very good Russian bootlegs of the early PSB singles and vinyl only 12” mixes. They sell for stupid money. Why can’t x2 officially issue the first five singles as cd singles? Limited run £15 a pop. I’d rather buy that than put money into bootleggers pockets.
is is and isnt isnt

joe stalin

#540 Post by joe stalin »

Not sure what it means other than I understand that higher bitrate probably higher means higher quality. The bitrate of the bootleg monkey business cd seems to be approx 900 kb/s. Now looking at this vs other 'legit' psb cd's I've transferred to the B2 the bitrate seems about the same. However, I have no idea if this is a function of the quality of the original recording or not.

I bought the bootleg simply because I couldn't work out how to download to the B2 the spotify track ( I pay for spotify obviously). I thought there was a chance that spotify would end up deleting psb tracks (as they have done in the past with other artists) and you never know if youtube may at some point start to cull content.

Not sure if this helps though