3rd single "Monkey Business" (Jan 2020)

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
y3potential

Re: 3rd single "Monkey Business" (Jan 2020)

#511 Post by y3potential »

Future Lover wrote: Sat 08 Feb 2020, 8:15 pm How are we still putting up with this clown? With two accounts now.
He's beyond insufferable.. :wall: :wall: :wall:
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

daveid

#512 Post by daveid »

PSBForTheMasses wrote: Sat 08 Feb 2020, 8:08 pm
nickname wrote: Sat 08 Feb 2020, 7:09 pm
PSBForTheMasses wrote: Sat 08 Feb 2020, 5:56 pm

I so severely cringed when I first heard it that for only one disastrous (and shameful) moment, I thought throwing all my PSB collection out of the window to the street. Now I am addicted to the song; cannot stop playing it five or six times a day; if my wife lets it, I can play it all day long :)
"If my wife lets it". When I read or listen things like that, I hate it. Who is your wife to forbide you listening PSB records as much as you want?.
First she is my wife and it is not up to you to question who she is or not; she can do or say whatever she likes to me. Stop now and know your place dumbshit. Secondly, she does not forbid me; she just feels overwhelmed when I play a song twenty times back to back at the top sound of my loudspeakers and I respect her because we are living together in a tiny flat and she does not have to like PSB and tolerate an all-day ongoing PSB concert just because I adore them.
I think nickname was joking. But actually he made a comment about my mother the other day so he deserves it.

NikacP0kac

#513 Post by NikacP0kac »

The more I listen to At Rock Bottom, the more I hear the little nuances in the production and I've actually got to take back my "sparseness" comment - loving the simplicity, but it's not sparse by any means. It's a lovely mid-tempo tune, with the best lyrics from the three B-sides IMHO (I was always a sucker for melancholy).
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

MrTennant

#514 Post by MrTennant »

daveid wrote: Mon 10 Feb 2020, 9:54 am
nickname wrote: Sat 08 Feb 2020, 7:09 pm

"If my wife lets it". When I read or listen things like that, I hate it. Who is your wife to forbide you listening PSB records as much as you want?.
First she is my wife and it is not up to you to question who she is or not; she can do or say whatever she likes to me. Stop now and know your place dumbshit. Secondly, she does not forbid me; she just feels overwhelmed when I play a song twenty times back to back at the top sound of my loudspeakers and I respect her because we are living together in a tiny flat and she does not have to like PSB and tolerate an all-day ongoing PSB concert just because I adore them.
I think nickname was joking. But actually he made a comment about my mother the other day so he deserves it.
It was because you were looking for that. If you behave like a rude person with me, don't expect from me something good.

Don't bully.

y3potential

#515 Post by y3potential »

Why has this irritant now got two profiles here..? Isn't upsetting and annoying people with one profile not enough..?
Last edited by y3potential on Mon 10 Feb 2020, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

PopKid78

#516 Post by PopKid78 »

In at 64 on the Midweek Charts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daveid

#517 Post by daveid »

MrTennant wrote: Mon 10 Feb 2020, 8:25 pm
daveid wrote: Mon 10 Feb 2020, 9:54 am

It was because you were looking for that. If you behave like a rude person with me, don't expect from me something good.

Don't bully.
I wasn't rude at all. You misinterpreted an innocuous comment I made. So is Mr Tennant a nickname of nickname or vice versa?

le petit corbusier

#518 Post by le petit corbusier »

It's an amazing way of "thinking", actually. Trolling the forum for years and now complaining he's being bullied. Maybe we should start a poll about that. I'm sure he doesn't even buy the records.

Look left, then right
And run for your life

Greendrake

Re: 3rd single

#519 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glennjridge

#520 Post by glennjridge »

Nickname probably isnt a he or a she. we've probably been talking to a bot all these years. "Nickname" is probably just some little bot program some 15 year old hacker created in 10 minutes, uploaded it, it found its way to the PSB forum and became sentient and self aware not unlike the skynet virus and just randomly posts a hodgepodge of text it culls from this forum in no apparent order.

le petit corbusier

#521 Post by le petit corbusier »

glennjridge wrote:Nickname probably isnt a he or a she. we've probably been talking to a bot all these years. "Nickname" is probably just some little bot program some 15 year old hacker created in 10 minutes, uploaded it, it found its way to the PSB forum and became sentient and self aware not unlike the skynet virus and just randomly posts a hodgepodge of text it culls from this forum in no apparent order.
Lol
Look left, then right
And run for your life

PSBForTheMasses

#522 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

glennjridge wrote: Tue 11 Feb 2020, 3:04 am Nickname probably isnt a he or a she. we've probably been talking to a bot all these years. "Nickname" is probably just some little bot program some 15 year old hacker created in 10 minutes, uploaded it, it found its way to the PSB forum and became sentient and self aware not unlike the skynet virus and just randomly posts a hodgepodge of text it culls from this forum in no apparent order.
:D Once upon a time, there was a Spanish lady in forums whom even Neil and Chris were eager to get rid of and end all communication/ contact/ interaction whatsoever (I forgot her name but I had come across her in Twitter at the time of Hotspot release and was surprised to see her enthuasism to talk to Neil and Chris after all these years- hope I will remember her name in time). Maybe Nickname is her reincarnation just to avoid being recognized?

boyjohn

#523 Post by boyjohn »

PSBForTheMasses wrote: Tue 11 Feb 2020, 8:59 pm
glennjridge wrote: Tue 11 Feb 2020, 3:04 am Nickname probably isnt a he or a she. we've probably been talking to a bot all these years. "Nickname" is probably just some little bot program some 15 year old hacker created in 10 minutes, uploaded it, it found its way to the PSB forum and became sentient and self aware not unlike the skynet virus and just randomly posts a hodgepodge of text it culls from this forum in no apparent order.
:D Once upon a time, there was a Spanish lady in forums whom even Neil and Chris were eager to get rid of and end all communication/ contact/ interaction whatsoever (I forgot her name but I had come across her in Twitter at the time of Hotspot release and was surprised to see her enthuasism to talk to Neil and Chris after all these years- hope I will remember her name in time). Maybe Nickname is her reincarnation just to avoid being recognized?
No, she was literally crazy. Nickname isn't that, he just thinks his views are fact instead of opinions.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

goughsjd

#524 Post by goughsjd »

[/quote]

:D Once upon a time, there was a Spanish lady in forums whom even Neil and Chris were eager to get rid of and end all communication/ contact/ interaction whatsoever (I forgot her name but I had come across her in Twitter at the time of Hotspot release and was surprised to see her enthuasism to talk to Neil and Chris after all these years- hope I will remember her name in time
[/quote]

Do you mean Lydia???
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

le petit corbusier

#525 Post by le petit corbusier »

No, he is a man. Back in the day, when he took over, controlled and ruined the Spanish newsletter called Unadiscoteca on Yahoo groups he used to post ridiculous pics of him doing what I could only describe as "the eagle dance" at a wedding, or pics of him with his mum and her purse at a concert. Earlier than that he used to be super creepy on the Spanish IRC PSB chat channel... I know his real name but of course I'm not going to disclose that because there are limits one shouldn't cross, I guess. Oh, and he thinks I am someone I am not, which is quite funny.
    Look left, then right
    And run for your life