3rd single "Monkey Business" (Jan 2020)

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
MrTennant

Re: 3rd single "Monkey Business" (Jan 2020)

#496 Post by MrTennant »

PSB reach the Top 10 Worlwide on I-tunes with Monkey Business. Number 8

FatherofAll...#GreenDay

2⃣
WhenWeAllFallAsleep..?#BillieEilish
3⃣
IDecide #iKON

4⃣
PetalsForArmor #HayleyWilliams
5⃣
"#" #LOONA
6⃣
DiamondsintheRough #AvengedSevenfold
7⃣
BirdsofPrey
8⃣
MonkeyBusiness #petshopboys
9⃣
Quadra #Sepultura
🔟
Apocalypse&Chill #Delain

PSBForTheMasses

#497 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

TallThinMan wrote: Fri 07 Feb 2020, 6:36 pm
moxlox wrote: Fri 07 Feb 2020, 6:33 pm My 12” vinyl Monkey Business arrived. Sound quality is absolutely superb, vinyl better than the CD on my system, and better than album version vinyl. Like really really good.

Both remixes are top drawer. Absolutely on it. All versions just make me wanna dance. 🤗 lots of absolutely great house piano going on on both remixes.
I absolutely adore “Monkey Business”, can’t stop playing it!
I so severely cringed when I first heard it that for only one disastrous (and shameful) moment, I thought throwing all my PSB collection out of the window to the street. Now I am addicted to the song; cannot stop playing it five or six times a day; if my wife lets it, I can play it all day long :)

Pod

#498 Post by Pod »

Marie loves PSB wrote: Sat 08 Feb 2020, 1:27 pm Lol... I am so glad that I went out yesterday and missed looking at my e-mails. - This is priceless! :down: I found out a minute ago that I have received a few e-mails to say that my Cd is on its way for yesterday morning (Friday). DPD gave me a time etc.. For them to e-mail me a bit later to say that the driver is going to miss me now as he is busy! lol... That's a good un'! I am supposed to be receiving it on Monday - just hope he isn't busy. :shhh: ** I cannot actually believe they have said that**.
Shocking that...
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Pod

#499 Post by Pod »

At rock bottom is definitely b-side material and I haven’t particularly grown to like it yet - hope it’s a grower. The Prins Thomas mix (or miks) is the best remix in years - absolutely fantastic. Miles better than the Friend Within one.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Nickname

#500 Post by Nickname »

PSBForTheMasses wrote: Sat 08 Feb 2020, 5:56 pm
moxlox wrote: Fri 07 Feb 2020, 6:33 pm My 12” vinyl Monkey Business arrived. Sound quality is absolutely superb, vinyl better than the CD on my system, and better than album version vinyl. Like really really good.

Both remixes are top drawer. Absolutely on it. All versions just make me wanna dance. 🤗 lots of absolutely great house piano going on on both remixes.
I so severely cringed when I first heard it that for only one disastrous (and shameful) moment, I thought throwing all my PSB collection out of the window to the street. Now I am addicted to the song; cannot stop playing it five or six times a day; if my wife lets it, I can play it all day long :)
"If my wife lets it". When I read or listen things like that, I hate it. Who is your wife to forbide you listening PSB records as much as you want?.

Tenlow

#501 Post by Tenlow »

nickname wrote: Sat 08 Feb 2020, 7:09 pm

"If my wife lets it". When I read or listen things like that, I hate it. Who is your wife to forbide you listening PSB records as much as you want?.
You're not married Nickname, are you? ;)
Firing verbal shots like a tommy gun

PSBForTheMasses

#502 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

First she is my wife and it is not up to you to question who she is or not; she can do or say whatever she likes to me. Stop now and know your place dumbshit. Secondly, she does not forbid me; she just feels overwhelmed when I play a song twenty times back to back at the top sound of my loudspeakers and I respect her because we are living together in a tiny flat and she does not have to like PSB and tolerate an all-day ongoing PSB concert just because I adore them.

Future Lover

#503 Post by Future Lover »

How are we still putting up with this clown? With two accounts now.

Disco.

#504 Post by Disco. »

:lol:
Tenlow wrote: Sat 08 Feb 2020, 8:02 pm

You're not married Nickname, are you? ;)

:lol:

MD

#505 Post by MD »

leesmapman wrote: Wed 05 Feb 2020, 8:03 pm IMHO, The Prins mix is fantastic. It made me love the song
I love the prins re-mix as well, 8 1/2 minutes of disco glory. The other remix is good but not quite as good as the aforementioned.
"Not everyone is lucky enough to understand how delicious it is to suffer"

drunk14

#506 Post by drunk14 »

Hold on! Those nasty epithets towards nickname are a bit too much. He tends to be annoying and needs to be call to order, but without such bad words.
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

gehegu

#507 Post by gehegu »

drunk14 wrote: Sat 08 Feb 2020, 8:55 pm Hold on! Those nasty epithets towards nickname are a bit too much. He tends to be annoying and needs to be call to order, but without such bad words.
Agreed

ZiggyPSB

#508 Post by ZiggyPSB »

Sorry but one can only take so much.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

tottenhammattspurs

#509 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Sunday and I’m still waiting for my delivery. Bunch. Of. Arse.
is is and isnt isnt

Greendrake

#510 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.