3rd single "Monkey Business" (Jan 2020)

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
retrofuturist

3rd single "Monkey Business" (Jan 2020)

#1 Post by retrofuturist »

On January xx, “Monkey business”, the third new song from the forthcoming Pet Shop Boys album, is released. Their first version of the song had been written in the Super era. The chorus existed first; the verses came later, inspired by Neil imagining what Mick Jagger might sing if this were a Rolling Stones song. “We actually did the demo with Stuart Price in Hansa,” says Neil, “and suddenly the whole thing was rocking.” “I would never have thought it was going to end up this good,” adds Chris. “We’ve actually written,” Neil concludes, “almost for the first time in our career, a groove song.”
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

jagdmirage

Re: 3rd single "Monkey Business" (Jan 2020)

#2 Post by jagdmirage »

This obviously is made-up news. The title is quite misleading. :evil: Why don't you change the title to something like "3rd single speculation"?
Who is Phil Mitchell(the man in my avatar)?

retrofuturist

#3 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
jagdmirage wrote: Fri 29 Nov 2019, 4:12 am This obviously is made-up news. The title is quite misleading. :evil: Why don't you change the title to something like "3rd single speculation"?
You are fake news.

On the contrary, I don't do fake news. This is not fake news.

Kind regards.

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

Palpatine

#4 Post by Palpatine »

retrofuturist wrote: Fri 29 Nov 2019, 4:16 am Greetings,
jagdmirage wrote: Fri 29 Nov 2019, 4:12 am This obviously is made-up news. The title is quite misleading. :evil: Why don't you change the title to something like "3rd single speculation"?
You are fake news.

On the contrary, I don't do fake news. This is not fake news.

Kind regards.

Source?

retrofuturist

#5 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings palpatine,

I won't be giving the source, both out of respect for the source, and because I'm hoping that the same source might also be able provide a track-by-track rundown of the new album in the near future, which (pending their OK) I'll also be happy to share.

If forum staff are concerned that I might be contaminating the forum with Nickname-style fan-fiction, then I'm happy to (confidentially) provide them with validation of the information provided.

glennjridge

#6 Post by glennjridge »

Oh I hope we get a track by track soon! also thanks for the PSB info in the album info thread regarding the overall sound of the new album being more analog and dirtier.

Palpatine

#7 Post by Palpatine »

retrofuturist wrote: Fri 29 Nov 2019, 6:12 am Greetings palpatine,

I won't be giving the source, both out of respect for the source, and because I'm hoping that the same source might also be able provide a track-by-track rundown of the new album in the near future, which (pending their OK) I'll also be happy to share.

If forum staff are concerned that I might be contaminating the forum with Nickname-style fan-fiction, then I'm happy to (confidentially) provide them with validation of the information provided.

Thanks. I didn't mean to doubt you, my initial impression was some nickname-y fan fiction/trolling. Anyway, thanks for the info and I look forward to reading more.

retrofuturist

#8 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Not a problem Palpatine - it was an entirely legitimate question.

Dog

#9 Post by Dog »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings palpatine,

As exciting as it is to read, I’d definitely be careful about sharing stolen copyrighted work.
Woof.

retrofuturist

#10 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Don't worry... nothing was stolen, only given.

That said, I've PMed forum staff about it. If they have any concerns, they can let me know, or edit my posts as required.

Dog

#11 Post by Dog »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings,

Don't worry... nothing was stolen, only given.

That said, I've PMed forum staff about it. If they have any concerns, they can let me know, or edit my posts as required.

Stolen / leaked... Surely it’s been published here without the copyright holder’s permission though? You can bet your bottom dollar they’ll be all over trying to trace how this could have happened. I’d be surprised if someone isn’t in touch, particularly given you’ve said there could be more to come. If I sound naive or lecturing, I apologise, that’s not my intention. I’m more interested.
Woof.

daveid

#12 Post by daveid »

Well if this is true we may well get the 1 track next month or January, with a physical release in January. I would expect You ate the one will be the fourth single, based on track number and their hints of its single potential in Literally.

Andie

#13 Post by Andie »

Very interesting Retro!! Looking forward to hearing more! 8)
Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars

retrofuturist

#14 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Dog,

I appreciate the concern. Whilst I could have gone "full Wikileaks mode", I have decided not to.

It is my understanding that I came into possession of this information, out of a desire to promote, and build anticipation and excitement for the new album amongst those who might be inclined purchase it. I feel what I've elected to share (and not share) is consistent with that assumed intent. Again though, staff are welcome to override my decision and edit/delete as they feel necessary.

Wish

#15 Post by Wish »

One might think that this leak is not random.
As well as 4 years ago Geowayne "accidentaly" found in web pink circle with Super inside and slogan "What is Super?". And shared it here because it was very PSB-ish :D