Dreamland / No Boundaries / An Open Mind single - October

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Message
Author
User avatar
PETHEAD72
Posts: 969
Joined: Fri 15 Oct 2010, 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#31 Post by PETHEAD72 » Thu 03 Oct 2019, 11:29 am

rashomon wrote:
Thu 03 Oct 2019, 9:13 am
Whoop!

The best PSB remixers are ... the PSB themselves!

Happy for this news Image
Absolutely!
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

Future Lover
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:04 am
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#32 Post by Future Lover » Thu 03 Oct 2019, 12:48 pm

Can't wait for nickname's inevitable poll - which title from the three we have is your favorite?! Which remix are you looking forward to the most? Do you think PSB should include more B-sides, yes or no? and so on.

User avatar
y3potential
Posts: 769
Joined: Wed 20 Jul 2011, 8:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#33 Post by y3potential » Thu 03 Oct 2019, 2:04 pm

Future Lover wrote:
Thu 03 Oct 2019, 12:48 pm
Can't wait for nickname's inevitable poll - which title from the three we have is your favorite?! Which remix are you looking forward to the most? Do you think PSB should include more B-sides, yes or no? and so on.

Should Pet Shop Boys include a remix done by themselves on every future single release..? What retail outlet have you chosen to pre-order the single packages from..?
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

User avatar
Patrick Bateman
Posts: 8705
Joined: Sat 12 Apr 2008, 4:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#34 Post by Patrick Bateman » Thu 03 Oct 2019, 2:06 pm

y3potential wrote:
Thu 03 Oct 2019, 2:04 pm
Future Lover wrote:
Thu 03 Oct 2019, 12:48 pm
Can't wait for nickname's inevitable poll - which title from the three we have is your favorite?! Which remix are you looking forward to the most? Do you think PSB should include more B-sides, yes or no? and so on.

Should Pet Shop Boys include a remix done by themselves on every future single release..? What retail outlet have you chosen to pre-order the single packages from..?
When ordering, which shipping option did you choose? What will you have for breakfast on the release date?

User avatar
y3potential
Posts: 769
Joined: Wed 20 Jul 2011, 8:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#35 Post by y3potential » Thu 03 Oct 2019, 2:24 pm

Patrick Bateman wrote:
Thu 03 Oct 2019, 2:06 pm
y3potential wrote:
Thu 03 Oct 2019, 2:04 pm
Future Lover wrote:
Thu 03 Oct 2019, 12:48 pm
Can't wait for nickname's inevitable poll - which title from the three we have is your favorite?! Which remix are you looking forward to the most? Do you think PSB should include more B-sides, yes or no? and so on.

Should Pet Shop Boys include a remix done by themselves on every future single release..? What retail outlet have you chosen to pre-order the single packages from..?
When ordering, which shipping option did you choose? What will you have for breakfast on the release date?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

User avatar
Marie loves PSB
Posts: 1184
Joined: Sun 27 May 2007, 10:56 am
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#36 Post by Marie loves PSB » Thu 03 Oct 2019, 2:28 pm

Hurrah! :up: I have ordered the CD single. :clap: :dance:

User avatar
Gabby
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun 17 Jan 2016, 6:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#37 Post by Gabby » Thu 03 Oct 2019, 5:40 pm

And there it is - the double dip strategy of releasing one of the remixes digitally and not physically, and/or on vinyl and not CD.

This is hell for this OCD physical format completist! :wall:

I'll buy the CD and 12" for sure, but it makes me want to don an eyepatch and fake hook hand for the missing remix.

Future Lover
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:04 am
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#38 Post by Future Lover » Thu 03 Oct 2019, 6:00 pm

I got the CD single and will procure the digital download of the Remixes, good enough! I don't really "get" vinyl, still, but if it were a true exclusive i.e. a rare demo or something on vinyl only, I'd probably purchase it.

domino
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat 05 Jan 2019, 10:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#39 Post by domino » Thu 03 Oct 2019, 7:11 pm

Gabby wrote:
Thu 03 Oct 2019, 5:40 pm
This is hell for this OCD physical format completist! :wall:

I'll buy the CD and 12" for sure, but it makes me want to don an eyepatch and fake hook hand for the missing remix.
I usually buy singles on Vinyl and albums on CDs, because I still think that the bonus tracks should be on the b-side. This time it seems that I have to buy both or wait for the further listening. :roll:

User avatar
rashomon
Posts: 1199
Joined: Mon 26 Sep 2005, 11:44 am
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#40 Post by rashomon » Thu 03 Oct 2019, 7:12 pm

RMC wrote:
Thu 03 Oct 2019, 10:43 am
Paninaro wrote:
Thu 03 Oct 2019, 10:21 am
domino wrote:
Thu 03 Oct 2019, 9:57 am
Does anybody know the work of Stuart Price as "TWD"?
Two of his very best remixes, for Gwen Stefani’s What You Waiting For? and Madonna’s Hollywood were under his Thin White Duke name.
And the sublime Some Kind of Heaven - Hurts
Not under the guise of Thin White Duke but still Stuart Price ... this one is a bit obscure but my absolute fave Stuart Price remix:

Cornershop - Sleep On The Left Side (Les Rhythm Digitales Mix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-q8ui8zIuM
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

RMC
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue 23 Nov 2010, 10:52 am
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#41 Post by RMC » Thu 03 Oct 2019, 7:41 pm

rashomon wrote:
Thu 03 Oct 2019, 7:12 pm
RMC wrote:
Thu 03 Oct 2019, 10:43 am
Paninaro wrote:
Thu 03 Oct 2019, 10:21 am


Two of his very best remixes, for Gwen Stefani’s What You Waiting For? and Madonna’s Hollywood were under his Thin White Duke name.
And the sublime Some Kind of Heaven - Hurts
Not under the guise of Thin White Duke but still Stuart Price ... this one is a bit obscure but my absolute fave Stuart Price remix:

Cornershop - Sleep On The Left Side (Les Rhythm Digitales Mix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-q8ui8zIuM
Attachments
09EBEF5F-D119-458B-8C84-08AB04A79A4E.jpeg
09EBEF5F-D119-458B-8C84-08AB04A79A4E.jpeg (410.16 KiB) Viewed 564 times

User avatar
james23_uk
Posts: 1120
Joined: Sat 08 Feb 2003, 3:19 am
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#42 Post by james23_uk » Thu 03 Oct 2019, 10:07 pm

Well the selection of tracks on offer sounds fab! Hope they live up to my (high) expectations :)

User avatar
james23_uk
Posts: 1120
Joined: Sat 08 Feb 2003, 3:19 am
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#43 Post by james23_uk » Thu 03 Oct 2019, 10:10 pm

Although I do hope Neil doesn't pronounce "boundaries" as "bound-oh-rees" like in Believe/Song for Guy! ;)

User avatar
tottenhammattspurs
Posts: 3213
Joined: Sat 04 Nov 2006, 6:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#44 Post by tottenhammattspurs » Thu 03 Oct 2019, 10:16 pm

Of course the best TWD remix is Mr Brightside. He makes the song tolerable.
is is and isnt isnt

User avatar
goughsjd
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri 08 Oct 2010, 5:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#45 Post by goughsjd » Thu 03 Oct 2019, 10:36 pm

james23_uk wrote:
Thu 03 Oct 2019, 10:10 pm
Although I do hope Neil doesn't pronounce "boundaries" as "bound-oh-rees" like in Believe/Song for Guy! ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

    Post Reply

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSN [Bot], Pete13 and 33 guests