Dreamland / No Boundaries / An Open Mind single - October

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
rashomon
Posts: 1185
Joined: Mon 26 Sep 2005, 11:44 am
Contact:

Dreamland / No Boundaries / An Open Mind single - October

#1 Post by rashomon » Thu 26 Sep 2019, 12:12 pm

Looks like we will get some more goodies this year :D

"The song “No boundaries” will be included on the CD single and digital bundles of “Dreamland” to be released in October. Full details and a pre-order will be announced shortly."

https://petshopboys.co.uk/news/2019-09- ... ette-opens

https://www.instagram.com/p/B23zNo_hVLF ... tive_share
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

Dog
Posts: 1223
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 11:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#2 Post by Dog » Thu 26 Sep 2019, 12:43 pm

Great news. I wonder why Angelic Thug isn’t also on there. Would have been nice and neat to release them as a pair. Maybe they’ve saved it for the album?
Woof.

User avatar
Bulldog
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 11:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#3 Post by Bulldog » Thu 26 Sep 2019, 12:59 pm

I've got a feeling that if the show is a hit they might expand the music a bit and write further songs. Who knows.
"It was a dark and stormy night."
"You know what's wrong with your stories? They lack subtlety."
"It was a sort of dark and kind of stormy night."

Future Lover
Posts: 371
Joined: Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:04 am
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#4 Post by Future Lover » Thu 26 Sep 2019, 1:06 pm

Might be a good thematic pairing as well, they do love doing that with the B-sides. Either a complete thematic match, or the complete opposite.

User avatar
psbfannyc
Posts: 828
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 7:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#5 Post by psbfannyc » Thu 26 Sep 2019, 1:18 pm

Oh good...and remixes of "Dreamland" I'm assuming. Exciting.

User avatar
E-Mail Vampire
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 8:17 am
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#6 Post by E-Mail Vampire » Thu 26 Sep 2019, 1:53 pm

Is it me or does No Boundaries sound familiar? Is it an old song being revisited?

Great news regarding the Dreamland formats.

User avatar
Drico One
Posts: 5526
Joined: Tue 16 Sep 2003, 8:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#7 Post by Drico One » Thu 26 Sep 2019, 2:11 pm

Ah, the inevitable CD single. That’ll give us something to shuffle contentedly to in our Zimmer frames.

You’ve got to hand it to Pet Shop Boys. They do know their audience.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

User avatar
Bulldog
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 11:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#8 Post by Bulldog » Thu 26 Sep 2019, 2:12 pm

E-Mail Vampire wrote:
Thu 26 Sep 2019, 1:53 pm
Is it me or does No Boundaries sound familiar? Is it an old song being revisited?

Great news regarding the Dreamland formats.
Maybe you mean "No excuses", which became "Up and down"?
"It was a dark and stormy night."
"You know what's wrong with your stories? They lack subtlety."
"It was a sort of dark and kind of stormy night."

User avatar
E-Mail Vampire
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 8:17 am
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#9 Post by E-Mail Vampire » Thu 26 Sep 2019, 2:44 pm

Bulldog wrote:
Thu 26 Sep 2019, 2:12 pm
E-Mail Vampire wrote:
Thu 26 Sep 2019, 1:53 pm
Is it me or does No Boundaries sound familiar? Is it an old song being revisited?

Great news regarding the Dreamland formats.
Maybe you mean "No excuses", which became "Up and down"?
No definitely not thinking about No Excuses, I thought I had seen that title next to the Pet a Shop Boys before but obviously not. My mistake.

User avatar
Gabby
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun 17 Jan 2016, 6:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#10 Post by Gabby » Thu 26 Sep 2019, 3:16 pm

Drico One wrote:
Thu 26 Sep 2019, 2:11 pm
Ah, the inevitable CD single. That’ll give us something to shuffle contentedly to in our Zimmer frames.

You’ve got to hand it to Pet Shop Boys. They do know their audience.

Drico.
Oh you cynic! :D

I'm a user of both digital and physical formats, and I think there's a lot of pleasure lost in the enjoyment of the product when you don't have something tangible to look at/read while you listen to the music. Taken from the digital only angle, I personally felt "Dreamland" was much more enjoyable to consume as a song while watching the lyric video for the first couple of listens. It's not all that different from fondling a crisp new CD single cover or vinyl sleeve.

papierklemmen
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri 26 Jul 2019, 10:33 am
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#11 Post by papierklemmen » Thu 26 Sep 2019, 3:22 pm

E-Mail Vampire wrote:
Thu 26 Sep 2019, 2:44 pm
Bulldog wrote:
Thu 26 Sep 2019, 2:12 pm
E-Mail Vampire wrote:
Thu 26 Sep 2019, 1:53 pm
Is it me or does No Boundaries sound familiar? Is it an old song being revisited?

Great news regarding the Dreamland formats.
Maybe you mean "No excuses", which became "Up and down"?
No definitely not thinking about No Excuses, I thought I had seen that title next to the Pet a Shop Boys before but obviously not. My mistake.
It's from the upcoming My Beautiful Laundrette musical, isn't it?

User avatar
Sage
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu 06 Sep 2012, 3:08 am
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#12 Post by Sage » Thu 26 Sep 2019, 3:46 pm

Great news to see there will be a proper single release.
For the My Beautiful Laundrette song, why not the whole soundtrack?
There are 6 new songs for the play.
I haven't been keen on the Most Incredible Thing instrumentals, but who knows if these instrumentals are any good.
I guess beggars can't be choosers.
Maybe we can get a limited Christmas CD with some oddities like the Musik demos with Neil vocals and these other songs not fit for a proper release.
E-Mail Vampire wrote:
Thu 26 Sep 2019, 1:53 pm
Is it me or does No Boundaries sound familiar? Is it an old song being revisited?

Great news regarding the Dreamland formats.
No More Ballads?
The lyric "no boundaries" appears in Believe/Song for Guy.

User avatar
Drico One
Posts: 5526
Joined: Tue 16 Sep 2003, 8:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#13 Post by Drico One » Thu 26 Sep 2019, 5:27 pm

Gabby wrote:
Thu 26 Sep 2019, 3:16 pm
Drico One wrote:
Thu 26 Sep 2019, 2:11 pm
Ah, the inevitable CD single. That’ll give us something to shuffle contentedly to in our Zimmer frames.

You’ve got to hand it to Pet Shop Boys. They do know their audience.

Drico.
Oh you cynic! :D

I'm a user of both digital and physical formats, and I think there's a lot of pleasure lost in the enjoyment of the product when you don't have something tangible to look at/read while you listen to the music. Taken from the digital only angle, I personally felt "Dreamland" was much more enjoyable to consume as a song while watching the lyric video for the first couple of listens. It's not all that different from fondling a crisp new CD single cover or vinyl sleeve.
Oh, I’m not remotely cynical. I’m in complete agreement with you about the tangible, tactile magic of the physical artefact as I pop a Steradent tablet into my goblet.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

User avatar
Boring90
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed 22 Oct 2008, 12:34 am
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#14 Post by Boring90 » Thu 26 Sep 2019, 5:35 pm

Great news about a physical release. I didn't download as I'm tired of being double-dipped with the usual download first, cd release later.
Las Vegas 1999

User avatar
Mark R.Y.
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri 28 Sep 2012, 9:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Dreamland / No Boundaries CD single - October

#15 Post by Mark R.Y. » Thu 26 Sep 2019, 6:14 pm

E-Mail Vampire wrote:
Thu 26 Sep 2019, 1:53 pm
Is it me or does No Boundaries sound familiar? Is it an old song being revisited?

Great news regarding the Dreamland formats.
http://www.geowayne.com/newDesign/mybea ... boundaries

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSN [Bot] and 52 guests