PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
NikacP0kac

Re: PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

#181 Post by NikacP0kac »

Lovely, lovely, lovelyyy. Haven't felt as fulfilled after watching a live movie since watching the Depeche Mode Devotional re-release on DVD sometime around 2004.

My little brother also watched with me and he's in that puberty phase, where absolutely nothing pleases him - but he turned to me and said (after the video ended) that it was a 1h40 well spent. I was so proud, don't know if more for PSB having made such a great live movie or him having good taste after his brother. He gave it a 9/10, just because he wanted to hear Heart, but then Go West started and he doesn't really like that one.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

Pod

#182 Post by Pod »

Love the DVD - it’s great. The sound quality on the CD is a bit disappointing though. Sounds distant in places.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Marie loves PSB

#183 Post by Marie loves PSB »

billiejo wrote:
Sun 21 Apr 2019, 3:41 pm
Marie loves PSB wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019, 8:37 am
Paulo wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019, 10:55 pm

If you can afford it you might as well get a blu-ray player, even if it's just to see the boys is high def :lol:
We are looking for a new one lol.... :up: The DVD player we have at the moment is as helpful as a chocolate tea pot. It is taking too much effort to get the thing to actually play. :?
I also have no blu-ray at present because the DVD is working perfectly adequately but nice to know I have a blu-ray disc if I were to move on. As far as I am concerned the DVD is very good vision and sound (have good speakers) and am very thrilled to have this package. Such a shame that the previous concert was not filmed. Although I have seen this live show twice, I get a lot of pleasure watching it again at home without people dancing and singing around me - will no doubt watch it numerous times as I have done with all the previous ones. What a nice extra surprise to have Rio which is getting at viewing tonight - very pleased to have this :wink:
Hi Billiejo

We have got a Blu-Ray player - we have had one for a couple of years. But, it has an "issue" with actually playing Blu-Ray DVD's! :roll: Normal DVD's play fine. That is what I was moaning about as I thought the Blu-Ray DVD was duff. It is the same with all of our Blu-Ray DVD's now. It takes at least 4 attempts to get it going by then I am :grumble: I am a technophobe but, I think it is something to do with the resolution of our Tv. We are so tempted to get another player though.

I am really pleased with this DVD. :up: It has been played quite a few times. I am not sure if anyone has noticed but on Blu-Ray (I haven't really bothered with the normal DVD as much). You know the circles? You know the biggest one that seems always there? I thought it was a projection and not real. But, on the Blu-Ray disc you can see it that clearly at times that it has metal around it and is some sort of "real" light.

alig

#184 Post by alig »

No songs from Behaviour and Elysium.
Did they take the dancers to all the venues?
"John 3:16."

NikacP0kac

#185 Post by NikacP0kac »

Can't pinpoint exactly why, but the two songs I don't really rate and consider camp in their studio versions, blow me away on this live album - Se A Vida É and Go West.

Might be the chunky basslines or the drum fills.
alig wrote:
Sun 28 Apr 2019, 10:48 am
I think the dancers were ROH only (the previous and this, filmed, residence).

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

romy

#186 Post by romy »

Anyone noticed.that the DVD is NR.1 in official UK Charts since Release?

https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/m ... deo-chart/

alig

#187 Post by alig »

NikacP0kac wrote:
Sun 28 Apr 2019, 9:51 pm
Can't pinpoint exactly why, but the two songs I don't really rate and consider camp in their studio versions, blow me away on this live album - Se A Vida É and Go West.

Might be the chunky basslines or the drum fills.
alig wrote:
Sun 28 Apr 2019, 10:48 am
I think the dancers were ROH only (the previous and this, filmed, residence).
They were also in Rio.

alig

#188 Post by alig »

romy wrote:
Mon 29 Apr 2019, 11:12 am
Anyone noticed.that the DVD is NR.1 in official UK Charts since Release?

https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/m ... deo-chart/
Nice.

Greendrake

#189 Post by Greendrake »

Does anyone know which of the four 2018 ROH shows is/are featured on the release?

I remember that 2 or 3 of the 4 shows were filmed. Now wondering if the final product is made of a mix of different days' shows or a single one.

Also, does the content of the audio CDs exactly match the Blu-ray/DVD or is a different set?

Dog

#190 Post by Dog »

Greendrake wrote:Does anyone know which of the four 2018 ROH shows is/are featured on the release?

I remember that 2 or 3 of the 4 shows were filmed. Now wondering if the final product is made of a mix of different days' shows or a single one.

Also, does the content of the audio CDs exactly match the Blu-ray/DVD or is a different set?
It’s definitely a mixture of nights and the audio is the same.
Woof.

greenmile

#191 Post by greenmile »

Dog wrote:
Sat 04 May 2019, 8:35 am
Greendrake wrote:Does anyone know which of the four 2018 ROH shows is/are featured on the release?

It’s definitely a mixture of nights and the audio is the same.
It was the last 2 nights, the 27th & 28th of July.

I was at the 28th show and at a guess, I'd say all of the wide shots are from that night as I didn't notice any cameras either on stage or at the front of the stage. Also, you might notice a banner someone put on the front of one of the boxes to the left of the stage in some shots. That was the 28th.

Niall

#192 Post by Niall »

Is Inside A Dream missing from the CD? It's want I most wanted to relive. :-/
Evertonians are born not manufactured.
We do not choose; we are chosen.
Those who understand need no explanation.
Those that don't understand don't matter.

leesmapman

#193 Post by leesmapman »

CD has the full concert, so Inside A Dream is included.

NikacP0kac

#194 Post by NikacP0kac »

Niall wrote:
Thu 23 May 2019, 4:54 pm
Is Inside A Dream missing from the CD? It's want I most wanted to relive. :-/
You probably missed it as it's mixed with The Dictator Decides - track #9 on CD1.

retrofuturist

#195 Post by retrofuturist »

I haven't watched the DVD yet (hard to find the time, with a 3yo and 1yo son, who would rather be watching Baby Shark, Head Shoulders Knees & Toes, or Open Shut Them) but I have listened to the 2CD and thought it was really good. No compulsion to go back and listen to it a second time, but I did enjoy it.