The New Album Info Thread

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Future Lover

Re: The New Album Info Thread

#166 Post by Future Lover »

Any source for this? Or is it the good ol' ass-to-ear news bulletin?

Drico One

#167 Post by Drico One »

If it doesn't come with a poll, it doesn't exist.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

jasonjohn

#168 Post by jasonjohn »

Future Lover wrote: Fri 11 Oct 2019, 7:32 pm Any source for this? Or is it the good ol' ass-to-ear news bulletin?
You're getting me aroused.

See here http://petshopboys-forum.com/viewtopic. ... 47#p581712

Nickname

#169 Post by Nickname »

Drico One wrote: Fri 11 Oct 2019, 8:44 pm If it doesn't come with a poll, it doesn't exist.

Drico.
It's true.

The only one song from the new album you'll listen in the Dreamland Tour is Dreamland (because that's the title of the tour), the rest of it will be hits.

In fact, the new album won't have a commercial sound but they have plans for a new album next. A new electronic album with a more commercial sound (something similar they did with Elysium/Electric).

rashomon

#170 Post by rashomon »

Well the title of the tour is actually "Dreamworld" ... but anyway it's good to hear these facts come flying in

:wink:
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

Patrick Bateman

#171 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Neil must have a new Spanish boyfriend. Or butler.

Future Lover

#172 Post by Future Lover »

I'd be very happy with a dark album from them. You know, proper bleakness. I mean, the closest they came was with "Fundamental".
Might be me watching the excellent Netflix show "Dark", it's set in Germany and it's a total mood. And they said Berlin was a major inspiration, so...
That could be some uncharted territory for them, hinted with the much mentioned "The lost room".

Drico One

#173 Post by Drico One »

We've had two manic albums in a row, so I'm more than happy with a change of pace - providing the songs are up to scratch, as they were on Behaviour. Dark is fantastic. Berlin is utterly bleak from about now to April, so anything that reflects that mood is fine with me.

The idea that they might have songs for a subsequent album is hardly profoundly revelatory. The campaign for their last studio album, Super, begun in January 2016, meaning four full years will have passed between campaigns by the time the new record emerges. Essentially, they are a year behind in their usual cycle. Of course they'll have new songs ready for a subsequent album. They're nothing if not utterly prolific.

But before we start looking ahead, I'd rather like to focus on the new album first. It hasn't actually been released yet and every album they record doesn't need to obliterate Alderaan.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

ArtHist

#174 Post by ArtHist »

Patrick Bateman wrote: Sat 12 Oct 2019, 12:57 pm Neil must have a new Spanish boyfriend. Or butler.
Once you go med(iterranean).....

Nickname

#175 Post by Nickname »

Future Lover wrote: Sat 12 Oct 2019, 1:05 pm I'd be very happy with a dark album from them. You know, proper bleakness. I mean, the closest they came was with "Fundamental".
Might be me watching the excellent Netflix show "Dark", it's set in Germany and it's a total mood. And they said Berlin was a major inspiration, so...
That could be some uncharted territory for them, hinted with the much mentioned "The lost room".
The most successsful non US show is Spanish: La Casa de Papel (Money Heist). It's a hit in Germany too.

The soundtrack is very ectronic.

You can listen to it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu9gu6h ... 7-&index=7

I love this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_M3JIO ... 7-&index=9

I love it, I don't know if someone here has watched the show.

y3potential

#176 Post by y3potential »

nickname wrote: Sat 12 Oct 2019, 12:41 pm
Drico One wrote: Fri 11 Oct 2019, 8:44 pm If it doesn't come with a poll, it doesn't exist.

Drico.
It's true.

The only one song from the new album you'll listen in the Dreamland Tour is Dreamland (because that's the title of the tour), the rest of it will be hits.

In fact, the new album won't have a commercial sound but they have plans for a new album next. A new electronic album with a more commercial sound (something similar they did with Elysium/Electric).

You'd better let Neil and Chris know that the tour is called Dreamland, as they and everyone else apart from you seem to think it's called Dreamworld.. :wall: :wall: :wall:
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

Future Lover

#177 Post by Future Lover »

nickname wrote: Sat 12 Oct 2019, 2:41 pm The most successsful non US show is Spanish: La Casa de Papel (Money Heist). It's a hit in Germany too.
I've seen the show, dear nickname... but you've kind of missed the point of my post.

G_Goalden

#178 Post by G_Goalden »

y3potential wrote: Sat 12 Oct 2019, 3:15 pm

Drico.
It's true.

You'd better let Neil and Chris know that the tour is called Dreamland, as they and everyone else apart from you seem to think it's called Dreamworld.. :wall: :wall: :wall:
Actually there are two of us. Without giving it too much thought i assumed they were the same.
Birmingham 1989 | Blackpool & Birmingham 1991| Savoy 1997 | Sheffield 1999 | Middlesbrough & Sheffield 2002 | Manchester 2006/9 | Manchester 2013 | ROH 2016 | RAH 2017 | Manchester 2022 | Leeds 2023

Nickname

#179 Post by Nickname »

y3potential wrote: Sat 12 Oct 2019, 3:15 pm

Drico.
It's true.

The idea of Dreamland turn into Worldland because it's a world tour. Dreamland is obviously the main idea to call the tour that way. That's why it's going to be played on tour.

We can't expect big anthems for the new album. All of them go in the next album
Last edited by Nickname on Sun 13 Oct 2019, 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spittingcat

#180 Post by Spittingcat »

so I'm more than happy with a change of pace
Into thin air.
Sad robot world.
The dictator decides.

I’m expecting more of this. Not really a change of pace.