No HMV art cards!

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
robbie'o'

No HMV art cards!

#1 Post by robbie'o' » Mon 26 Feb 2018, 10:16 pm

Had this slightly worrying tweet from HMV Norwich this afternoon and don't know if anyone can confirm one way or the other?

"Hi Robin. Your vinyl is ready to collect on Friday. There doesn't appear to be art cards this time however. Or any exclusives with other retailers. We look forward to seeing you."

I was going to put this in the re-issues thread but, as its a 90 mile round trip for me to get to the HMV in question (as my local didn't do any of the previous cards) and I'm in a wheelchair really need an answer. If anyone can confirm 100% that there won't be the cards then I'll then get the vinyl off of the net. Many thanks :D
if you can't always be good at least always be kind...

goughsjd

Re: No HMV art cards!

#2 Post by goughsjd » Tue 27 Feb 2018, 8:33 am

I asked HMV by email and no answer as of yet ...
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

rashomon

#3 Post by rashomon » Tue 27 Feb 2018, 9:17 am

Hoping for the art cards. Will get to HMV on the weekend to confirm.

If not available then what exactly was the point of having cards for the earlier releases? Madness.
    you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

goughsjd

#4 Post by goughsjd » Tue 27 Feb 2018, 9:29 am

rashomon wrote:
    Tue 27 Feb 2018, 9:17 am
    Hoping for the art cards. Will get to HMV on the weekend to confirm.

If not available then what exactly was the point of having cards for the earlier releases? Madness.
    How frustrating would it be to have a imcomple collection because they couldn’t be arsed to finish it off :x ... no point at all if that’s the case but I’m really hoping they are gonna be available !!
      Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

robbie'o'

#5 Post by robbie'o' » Tue 27 Feb 2018, 12:03 pm

OK, lets see if this makes sense! I've just spoken to HMV customer service who say that there are art cards being done, HOWEVER they are proving very difficult to source due to the fact that there is a only a very small amount being produced this time so make of that what you will :grumble:
      if you can't always be good at least always be kind...

tottenhammattspurs

#6 Post by tottenhammattspurs » Tue 27 Feb 2018, 7:46 pm

robbie'o' wrote:
      Tue 27 Feb 2018, 12:03 pm
      OK, lets see if this makes sense! I've just spoken to HMV customer service who say that there are art cards being done, HOWEVER they are proving very difficult to source due to the fact that there is a only a very small amount being produced this time so make of that what you will :grumble:
      That means that the lucky few who manage to get them will be eBay bound by lunchtime with £30 each price tags :grumble:
      is is and isnt isnt

Sandy Shaw

#7 Post by Sandy Shaw » Wed 28 Feb 2018, 12:35 pm

They know that some fans will not bother to purchase these albums all over again....
      What's for supper?

Flaffer

#8 Post by Flaffer » Wed 28 Feb 2018, 1:01 pm

Surely that would be more of an incentive to have the prints readily available as an incentive for previous purchasers to double dip.
      Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

rashomon

#9 Post by rashomon » Wed 28 Feb 2018, 1:09 pm

Exactly Flaffer

goughsjd

#10 Post by goughsjd » Wed 28 Feb 2018, 1:32 pm

Flaffer wrote:
      Wed 28 Feb 2018, 1:01 pm
      Surely that would be more of an incentive to have the prints readily available as an incentive for previous purchasers to double dip.
      Yeh got to give something to the die hards :)

Future Lover

#11 Post by Future Lover » Wed 28 Feb 2018, 2:45 pm

Guys, are these cards even that gorgeous or high quality? Seriously, it's easier downloading the HQ artwork online and printing them yourself. I'll even link some from iTunes right now. Nobody deserves to get your 50 quid for three pieces of cardboard. Maybe I should've made a fortune printing them myself, but I'm a dumbass, apparently.

Please | Actually | Introspective

jasminewok

#12 Post by jasminewok » Wed 28 Feb 2018, 4:15 pm

I got mine for £5.99. Theyre worth about that.

Marie loves PSB

#13 Post by Marie loves PSB » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 11:59 am

robbie'o' wrote:
        Mon 26 Feb 2018, 10:16 pm
        Had this slightly worrying tweet from HMV Norwich this afternoon and don't know if anyone can confirm one way or the other?

"Hi Robin. Your vinyl is ready to collect on Friday. There doesn't appear to be art cards this time however. Or any exclusives with other retailers. We look forward to seeing you."

I was going to put this in the re-issues thread but, as its a 90 mile round trip for me to get to the HMV in question (as my local didn't do any of the previous cards) and I'm in a wheelchair really need an answer. If anyone can confirm 100% that there won't be the cards then I'll then get the vinyl off of the net. Many thanks :D
        I would get them to deliver or send it to your nearest HMV what you ordered if they have said they are not getting any cards in. I'm avoiding going out at the moment due to the snow. It will be a big effort for you to go out for - "nothing!"

Marie loves PSB

#14 Post by Marie loves PSB » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 12:00 pm

Future Lover wrote:
        Wed 28 Feb 2018, 2:45 pm
        Guys, are these cards even that gorgeous or high quality? Seriously, it's easier downloading the HQ artwork online and printing them yourself. I'll even link some from iTunes right now. Nobody deserves to get your 50 quid for three pieces of cardboard. Maybe I should've made a fortune printing them myself, but I'm a dumbass, apparently.

Please | Actually | Introspective
        Yes, and your cards look good too! 8) :up: "Dumbass" you are not!

rashomon

#15 Post by rashomon » Fri 02 Mar 2018, 10:24 am

HMV Oxford Street

Staff here telling me that there are no art cards this time.